Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Results 181 to 191 of 191

Thread: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

  1. #181

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    Quote Originally Posted by Livin La Vida Loca View Post
    Wait the italy in turmoil thing actually does something? What exactly?
    It gives rome a full stack army every 10 turns or so whenever rome loses one of its starting cities.

  2. #182

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    I would like to see phalanx in the army of carthage, Xanthippus restructuring and retraining the Carthaginian army adopted model of the macedonian army. although it is confusing because they always referred to the phalanx but the Panoply used by Liby Phoenician they indicate that they had larger shields than the Macedonian kopis and shorter spears.

  3. #183

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    Quote Originally Posted by arthazx View Post
    I would like to see phalanx in the army of carthage, Xanthippus restructuring and retraining the Carthaginian army adopted model of the macedonian army. although it is confusing because they always referred to the phalanx but the Panoply used by Liby Phoenician they indicate that they had larger shields than the Macedonian kopis and shorter spears.
    They do have quite a number of phalanx units.

  4. #184

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    Yeah but they do not have pikemen phalanx

  5. #185

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    Answered before why Carthage has no pike units. You can read reasons why earlier in this thread.

  6. #186
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded and Classy!
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    7,713

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Answered before why Carthage has no pike units. You can read reasons why earlier in this thread.
    We should do a debate about them at some point.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nah just kidding

  7. #187

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    Is the Carthage Astarte Sacred Band cavalry (both early and late) a general bodyguard unit only? Because in the previous version of DeI the Sacred Band cavalry was recruitable, although only 2 units per army, just like the Sacred Band infantry. Now I can recruit as many Sacred Band infantry as I want, provided that the population pool allows it, but I can't recruit Sacred Band cavalry unless I choose it as a general bodyguard unit, which makes the Carthage default general bodyguard cavalry unit kinda useless/obsolete.

  8. #188

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Answered before why Carthage has no pike units. You can read reasons why earlier in this thread.
    I still can not find the thread of the discussion. could you pass me the URL? Units like submod is unfeasible?

  9. #189

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    He is correct that it was brought up before, maybe a page or two ago? Basically, they couldn't find any historical evidence of Carthage employing a pike phalanx. They did use hoplon based phalanxes, but there's no mention of any other type. Since they're trying to make this mod historically accurate, that puts an axe to the idea.

  10. #190

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    Quote Originally Posted by CadetNewb View Post
    He is correct that it was brought up before, maybe a page or two ago? Basically, they couldn't find any historical evidence of Carthage employing a pike phalanx. They did use hoplon based phalanxes, but there's no mention of any other type. Since they're trying to make this mod historically accurate, that puts an axe to the idea.
    Due to the manner in which the Carthaginian army formed, the Libyans and Phoenicians were the only ones that could be part of the units of pikes. and even though there was pike phalanx in Hannibal's army in zama, historians referred to them as phalanx only. that impels me to believe that the phalanx of pikemen could exist in that army.

  11. #191
    KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Posts
    9,535

    Default Re: [PREVIEW] Qarthadastim

    They did not have pikes, it was thought they have them and ot caused by wrong translation.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •