Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Official Anouncement] Ancient Empires Beta 1.0 Public Release

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default [Official Anouncement] Ancient Empires Beta 1.0 Public Release

Official Announcement Evening/Morning to you all. In some parts of the world it is the 18th. A day long overdue, but has come too fast.

Our models pack is now set for subscription - this is intended to speed up the download speed when the mod is released. Please feel free to subscribe on steam here, to preallocate this file. Warning, this file alone is 12GB. You may need to clear space.

Steam Link: Ancient Empires: Models Pack - Part 2

I want to first thank you all for the continued support. It has been a motivating factor. Another motivating factor was the old mods of Rome 1, just had something special about them. Not quite sure if we will ever get there, but that has been a goal.

With that, we are proud to be releasing the mod within the next 24 hours. We consider this a public beta. Please keep such in mind. This mod is currently over 14GB large. Almost everything is ported from Rome 2 or created from scratch. The base engine was used from Attila, but this is not a simple add on. There will be bugs, some over 50 testers in the last 4-5 months have not caught yet. We are going to rely on you to bring this to our attention thoughtfully, to assist in making this game better than before.

We would also like to thank Dresden, the DEI team, and the Europa Barbarorum team for the contributions and permissions. We consider them partners, and could not have been near completion without the resources, tools, and ideas provided by them to AE.

Please be on the lookout for the Download thread (steam links), the Bug reporting thread, Campaign Experience thread, and the difference between them all. We will soon be adding a submod channel, in which I am particularly interested in to see what the rest of the community can create. Official release time will be 9:00 PM CEST - 3:00 PM EST US.

Thank you again, and enjoy. Roma Invicta!
    Last edited by UMCenturion; May 18, 2018 at 01:50 AM.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Default Re: [Official Anouncement] Ancient Empires Beta 1.0 Public Release

Congrats guys and thx for all the hard work. Roma Invicta

Senator

Are we there yet, are we there yet?

will you guys provide nonsteam links for the download?

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by mati_motorloco View Post
    will you guys provide nonsteam links for the download?
    Yes, but for now, we are going to keep it with steam, to keep things streamlined. We expect there will be tons of updates over the weekend, and would rather have one channel of uploading at the moment.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

So excited! Thank you everyone for making this happen!
    May You Rest In Peace Calvin

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work with all of us guys, I just wish CA would get a clue and focus more on giving there clients what they want rather then kicking there games out the door half way stream lined to make a quick buck.

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work with all of us guys, I just wish CA would get a clue and focus more on giving there clients what they want rather then kicking there games out the door half way stream lined to make a quick buck.
    thanks dowonloading,
    one question, do we have to remove all previous ancient empires versions of the mod?included rome 2 models buildings?
    thanks

yesss, FINALLY! (almost)

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    I just wish CA would get a clue and focus more on giving there clients what they want
    There is surprisingly large amount of comments that go along the lines "those mods are overcomplicated for me, vanilla game is perfectly fine as it is" on official forums. So it might just be a real schism here, between CA loyalists and mod-leaning audience.
    Though it's really beyond me, how one can enjoy Attila's blitz battles.

I've kept Atilla installed, sitting idly for like 2 years for this. Thanks AE team, u guys rock!

Very excited for this mod, in fact it's probably fair to say that I havn't been this excited for a new game for a long time let alone a mod.
    Last edited by shireknight; May 18, 2018 at 04:56 AM.

Bravissimi!

Part 2 is only 4 GB i hope it's still right :o

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

12GB? Thats alot dude

Last edited by FrozenmenSS; May 18, 2018 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    12GB? Thats alot dude
    please upload it ,
    my heart is about explode

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Furgon View Post
    There is surprisingly large amount of comments that go along the lines "those mods are overcomplicated for me, vanilla game is perfectly fine as it is" on official forums. So it might just be a real schism here, between CA loyalists and mod-leaning audience.
    A dumbed down game makes fools and noobs feel like strategists.

This might sound stupid but where's part 1? Or do I only need to download this part 2-file?

Quote Originally Posted by Furgon View Post
    Some peoples’ games crash a lot, and the annoying thing is that if you’ve won a battle that took 30 minutes, you need to fight it again for another 30 minutes. If you did something really good the first time, it might not go as well as the second time. Although, the crashes should probably be addressed by CA if they are frequent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakoporeeno View Post
    This might sound stupid but where's part 1? Or do I only need to download this part 2-file?
    Not at all a dumb question. Part 1 will be out later tonight, around 21.00 GMT+2. It may be earlier depending on communication and progress. Stay tuned!
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast