Page 1 of 78 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: [Technical] 1.15 Bug Reports

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Default [Technical] 1.15 Bug Reports

Known Bugs for v. 1.15

• Baktrian Capital cannot be upgraded to level 2
    • Germanic technologies are not overhauled and do not tie into buildings yet
    • Some rebel factions are not added back (only affects a few specific geographical locations) due to stability issues - mainly some Eastern and Thracian/Dacian regions
    • Armenian names - updated but currently with a startpos issue that renders starting characters [NAMELESS] - candidates are fine though. Pending update
    • Spies are currently barebones - planning on adding in new traits and skills to flesh them out
    • Nabatea and Media - removed last minute due to a bug with offices and political power. Will be patched in ASAP
    • Recruitment is not completely redone for some factions. More units will be moved to farmlands and other peripheral buildings
    • Achaean/Greek capital garrisons not reworked. African garrisons not reworked

Please report any bugs or issues with the mod here. Please keep this technical about items that are not working. We have a separate thread dedicated to campaign balance and ideas here

Technical support for CTDs

If you are experiencing crashes then the following should help:

1. Clean out your data folder found in the Attila install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with Ancient Empires so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Re-verify game files - in steam, look to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have both mod packs installed properly.
    5. If none of that works, try deleting the Attila.exe file found in the Attila directory and re-verifying your game cache in Steam.
    6. If you are still getting crashes, please post the save game in this thread.

You can find how to take and upload a screenshot for bug reporting in our partner, DEI's thread here. This is the same process.

Known Bugs/Issues since 1.0

Pathfinding in cities are an issue in vanilla, so they are prevalent here as well. Some issues, especially with custom cities, can be corrected. Please report with images, along with the city name and we will do our best to correct.

Crashes - Throughout testing there where faction turn crashes we worked hard to get through. Most have been resolved, and we feel comfortable with it being corrected. However, new ones can pop up, or old ones may resurrect. Please save often - recommend every year in game. Please upload the save file game that can be found in %appdata% steam/attila directories.

If in the middle of the game, saving often will help you revert back to saves not too long ago. Some crashes are random and will let you get through it. Also, there is a chance that we will be able to fix it for you, if you save often.

Missing Models/Textures - There so many custom models and textures in this mod; if reported, please post picture along with unit name.
    Last edited by Sheridan; August 09, 2019 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Updated for 1.15

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Tech] AE BETA 1.0 Bug Reports

Ship texture bug:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Congrats and thanks for the beta release of this mod! Had the following event problem after winning the battle of Zama as Carthage: Says close victory yet the statement at the end of the event is a little contradictory!
    Last edited by aqualord123; May 18, 2018 at 03:49 PM.

A couple of texture bugs for Seleucids;

Agema

Antiochus III

anyone else experiencing issues with campaign map camera? mine zooms all the way out into heaven real fast and the same speed when wheeling back down. adjusting speed in option has no effect it seems.
    btw, gorgeous looking units (and unit cards) battlefield environment and walled towns. absolutely fantastic and looks superior to R2TW. well done all involved.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; May 18, 2018 at 05:32 PM.

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

I have a problem choosing slots to build... the slot descriptions avoid me from be able to choose the slots in the left part... this was playing with Parthia.

Hope it is not a matter of deactivate something in campaign...

Sorry for my english, just hope you understand what I mean...

I don't know what's wrong, playing with Rome at turn 1 I was at -6k per turn the turn after -14k, without touching anything.

I just watched Jackie video and he started with 3k per turn.

https://imgur.com/a/2BdDTtQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    anyone else experiencing issues with campaign map camera? mine zooms all the way out into heaven real fast and the same speed when wheeling back down. adjusting speed in option has no effect it seems.
    btw, gorgeous looking units (and unit cards) battlefield environment and walled towns. absolutely fantastic and looks superior to R2TW. well done all involved.
    We are going to fix that. coming soon.

All please remember to post a screenshot. It will make sure the bug is taken care of quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    We are going to fix that. coming soon.
    great, thanks!
    i noticed pikemen are pike-less during deployment? maybe integrating Pikes ready in your hands mod would be a good idea?

Armenian leader is Artaxias though that wouldnt be the case in 202 yet and Yervand (Oront/Orontes) the Last/IV should still rule for at least another couple of years. Artaxias ascended in 188. sorry, i cannot take screenshots as they appear to be pitch black when trying to save them in Paint.

Kingdom of pergamons dynasty tree spawns with all its member dead for me.

it continues crashing. will have to see something the language ?. A battle does not last. As soon as the battle begins, it takes me out

Quote Originally Posted by KaiderWar View Post
    I don't know what's wrong, playing with Rome at turn 1 I was at -6k per turn the turn after -14k, without touching anything.

I just watched Jackie video and he started with 3k per turn.

https://imgur.com/a/2BdDTtQ
    What difficulty are you playing with?

Not sure if this is a vanilla problem or what but during my first siege battle as Makedon against the Romans Dyrrachium(sp?) the walls kept crumbling down as the siege progressed. For example I had some men up on the walls, at a tower, as soon as I gained control of it, the tower crumbled down on my men killing half my unit. There were no ballista or catapults or anything, I used only ladders and battering rams for the doors, another unit was standing by the walls when it decided to crumble, seemingly by magic, killing many men, perhaps the gods were angry.

Playing as Rome on H/H and on turn 1 I'm -7000 about. Is that intended? Mod looks amazing btw.

Quote Originally Posted by phylosopher stoned View Post
    Not sure if this is a vanilla problem or what but during my first siege battle as Makedon against the Romans Dyrrachium(sp?) the walls kept crumbling down as the siege progressed. For example I had some men up on the walls, at a tower, as soon as I gained control of it, the tower crumbled down on my men killing half my unit. There were no ballista or catapults or anything, I used only ladders and battering rams for the doors, another unit was standing by the walls when it decided to crumble, seemingly by magic, killing many men, perhaps the gods were angry.
    This is a vanilla thing, you get units on the wall to capture the gates/towers. When captured, towers crumble, killing units under it. This is an extremely silly CA mistake as taking the walls feels like it is more punishing than rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by phylosopher stoned View Post
    It's in Attila - but we working on why they kill ratio is so high. Hopefully be able to fix that soon.

All - I would suggest normal difficulty for now - trust me its hard enough. We are working on a small patch for a little bit better economy, but normal/normal is the suggesting difficulty level.

Pergamon's state trait that supposedly add 40 relation with Rome doesn't actually add anything. Also, Pergamon starts with negative food, I don't know that was intentional or not.

I change the language to English and delete all mod from the "Data" folder Leaving only the two files corresponding to the mod and the game no longer crashes and all texts are seen correctly

Page 1 of 78 12345678910112651 ... LastLast