Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1641565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1543

Thread: [Technical] 1.15 Bug Reports

Foederatus

Default Re: [Tech] AE BETA 1.0 Bug Reports

I was browsing through the Building_Effects_Junctions_Tables and noticed a lot of duplicate entries for Barbarians with conflicting numbers. Could be a source of some bugs. They also have duplicates for the various ports mixed in with the other faction types that have conflicting numbers for the entries.

Been sorting out some barb building effects for the next update but it's an enormous task. Would appreciate any helping hand with it

By the way - Roman socii recruitment has been changed to provincial in the next update. Thank you for helping out
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Foederatus

Just noticed something with the Hellenic and Greek factions. Some of the starting regions, Ekbatana for example, have "Greek Kleroi" as a starting building, rom_hellenistic_bld_land_greek_1a. Others, such as Iconion, have "Aristocratic Estates", rom_hellenistic_bld_land_greek_2c. Both were formerly part of the Land Grant chain but I assume these buildings were supposed to become part of the Native Land chain or one of the consolidated Land Grant buildings and it got missed in the startpos. The region arrays affected that I could find are: 29, 102, 114, 147, and 181.

So far I have only caught this in Antioch (region array 5), the Silver Coinage building of the Mint chain is invisible, gives no benefits, and cannot be upgraded or destroyed is due to not having access to the resource or research required. Changing it in the startpos to level 0 Mint fixed the issue.
    Last edited by Gimmetime44; February 10, 2019 at 03:44 AM.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Yeah the techs are known. Better get started on that...

With roads you mean visibly on the map I take it? I've also noticed this, but before roads are built - only some regions have roads running through them, while others have nothing
    I replaced campaign_maps_roads with the one from the attila data file which seems to have fixed this.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Siege towers dont work either

When you lower taxes you get a bonus in public order (if you lower by 1 from the normal is 3). Well, if you set a province to be a no tax province you lost that bonus, and public order lowers...

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Sorry for the double post, I couldn't figure out for to delete this one

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blank97 View Post
    This is a vanilla thing, you get units on the wall to capture the gates/towers. When captured, towers crumble, killing units under it. This is an extremely silly CA mistake as taking the walls feels like it is more punishing than rewarding.
    It's not a mistake dude, it's someone's stupid idea at CA, plain and simple
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 22, 2019 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gongo80 View Post
    When you lower taxes you get a bonus in public order (if you lower by 1 from the normal is 3). Well, if you set a province to be a no tax province you lost that bonus, and public order lowers...
    The alternative would be to make all tax settings (low to very high) confer a negative public order. Then tax exemption would be free of that penalty. If people prefer that
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Experiencing a couple issues in my Ptolemaion campaign. The first is that upon coming of age, Ptolemy V has no influence options available, and also appears to have bugged the popular support meter which goes to 0%. Secondly, when defending Tyrus from a siege attack the ai makes no attempt to actually attack the city, they simply sit at the spawn point with their siege equipment. The ai will respond if you march out and attack them, but it looks like some sort of pathing issue is preventing them from moving the siege equipment to the walls/gate.

It's my first time posting on this forum and I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for making this incredible mod, keep up the great work.

Ptolemy V bug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tyrus siege bug

maybe could be the solution, setting a penalty for every tax fromn low level. But you should raise a bit the public order to balance that, if you can

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    The alternative would be to make all tax settings (low to very high) confer a negative public order. Then tax exemption would be free of that penalty. If people prefer that

I am deep in my Ptolomy campaign and I cannot build siege equipment when besieging. I tried with every general and every settlement(that I can reach).

Odd thing that I keep running into, music randomly cuts out on the campaign map. A shame because it's really nice hearing the RTW soundtrack, but then the music will just stop and eventually start up again shortly afterwards, and then stop again. Is there any known reason for this? THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    Odd thing that I keep running into, music randomly cuts out on the campaign map. A shame because it's really nice hearing the RTW soundtrack, but then the music will just stop and eventually start up again shortly afterwards, and then stop again. Is there any known reason for this? THanks!
    Hey,

We believe that this is due to an oversight where we did not update the length of music tracks as the game sees them. However, recently DETrooper (from MK1212) was taking a look at music modding lately and found a solution for most cases, so I'll probably jump back into music modding to fix this up sometime soon.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Hi i recently posted a problem with my game crashing when playing AGAINST the roman empire. I cant play any campain rather than the roman one. Pls help i dont know what im doing wrong.

im using
    The ancient Empires models pack 2 and the ancient empire public release v1.1 part 1
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 22, 2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4234 View Post
    im using
    The ancient Empires models pack 2 and the ancient empire public release v1.1 part 1
    Try validating your game cache. That sounds like a weird bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    I think we've got this fixed now, so we should see this resolved in AE's next patch.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

I get a CTD every time I’m in fortification stance and the AI attack me. I get to battle load screen, I can see the fort on the top down map then it CTDs. I’m playing as Rome. Anyone else getting this?

Sometimes when the AI are besieging and they attack my settlement all the options to fight the siege battle are greyed out. Non of the buttons work. I had to reload and attack the AI to get past it

Roman ladders bugged when attacking barbarism factions. Troops take ladders to the walls but refuse to climb them. Just stand there

The ladders bug happened when attacking Noreia

Light siege towers also broken when attacking Noreia. Troops take tower to wall then climb down. Don’t climb onto walls. Will see if same problem with all barbarian settlements

Ok roman siege tower bug is there when attacking all barbarian factions. You can see the troop gonfrward to try and climb ladder but they get stuck. Troops is siege towers climb down when they get to walls. Arghh so frustrating. I love this mod, but so many bugs : (

Some detail on ladders/siege tower bug. When attacking Mediolanum same issue haoended. The settlement has oathworn urbs, great alter, Great Hall, magistrates Hall. Thanks
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 22, 2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Okay, I've some problems, and I've tried just about everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling Attila, or figuring out how to fix them myself. On the steam mod page I posted a discussion called "My Problems", I've listed anything I think is a problem there (this includes certain features that seem to lack any sense or bugs I've encountered). I will ask that anyone reading to read my full post (common sense, but there's been numerous occasions that people just didn't read everything and so don't understand what I'm saying), I may ramble or rant (such as just then), but do bear with me. I do like the mod, do not think otherwise, I'd never be this invested to a mod I don't like or want to play (hell I made this account on here just for this, though I probably would have needed to eventually anyway). Firstly, the fertility lvls are doubled but no provinces have been raised to meet this increase, in fact it seems the opposite for most provinces. I've been told this is a feature, and I don't personally see any sense in it. Especially when not all factions have a way to increase fertility (Macedon is the faction I have been trying most often to play). However that's something I can work around, I can always make a mod to grant every faction the ability to increase fertility (and in this case I may very well upload said mod to steam, since there's few mods that work with AE). Also and I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, at lvls 4 and 6 (not sure about higher because none of the times I've played has the game gotten far enough along for my people to lvl up above 6 or 7), you don't get any skill points, again, don't know if this is suppose to be a feature (like the fact everything is rather poor in fertility is apparently a feature), but I thought to bring it up. These are things that may be bugs or features, and then now we get to what is almost undoubtedly bugs.

I once had to defend Thessalonica, I probably could've auto-resolved it, maybe I'd win, maybe not, it seemed in my favor but this mod makes auto-resolve a bit less reliable (and personally I like that, I like being lazy at times, but being lazy shouldn't be the best way to win a battle). I also am quite good at defense, so I went to fight it manually, right away I noticed the scout terrain said it was a in-land settlement type. I thought it was just something wrong with the display, clicked to fight. Loaded in, and what do you know it is the wrong map type, and that's concerning. So of course I have ships under the map and when I hit start battle it crashes. I knew it would crash, ships under the map, wrong settlement type, yeah that's gonna crash. However I had to wonder why it was that way. I tried, numerous times to reproduce that same situation after making sure no other mods were active, and everything was basically clean. I could never get the AI to attack Thessalonica, they just wouldn't do it, no army in the city, or next to it, nothing (spent 60 turns doing basically nothing but lvling up the city to lvl 3 and having the buildings I had before, and this continued until the end of turn crash bug occurred, which seems to be fairly common). So this is what I had in Thessalonica, Capital lvl 3 settlement (no proper picture for info card, and no model on campaign map, just dirt), Fishing Docks max lvl, Aqueduct lvl 3, Farm max lvl, silver mine lvl 2, Philosophers Stoa max lvl (the one that provides 15% income from all boost, 6% boost for culture, 800 culture income, 1.5 influence, and 8 public order). I believe another of those buildings doesn't have a model on the campaign map, but I can't recall off the top of my head. So I couldn't really confirm this a 2nd time, I did attack Macedon (or Makedon) as the Archean League (Koinon the tributary, and oh boy are there bugs here, but more on that later), it appeared to be the right map type (though it's obvious that this was for Thessalonica at start, cause I attacked it at start, and the other bugs would make playing Koinon until Thessalonica lvls to 3 then attacking, almost impossible).

Screenshots of this

Now we got the Archean League (Koinon the tributary of Macedon, or rather Makedon in the mod). First problem is that they have the same name as the horde faction right next to them (which I'd assume to be Syndos, if it actually was to fix itself, but instead it's Koinon also). So the first mission they get is instantly completed on turn 2 cause there's no faction by that name (free money). This also means that when I played as Macedon I had no idea which of them a pop up mission was asking me to declare war on (and it might not even work unless you declare war on both of them, or it just wont at all, I didn't check this because I didn't want to declare war on my tributary). Also if that wasn't bad enough, Koinon has no building effects for their main settlement buildings (their capital also doesn't show up on the building chain like some other factions, Macedon has the same issue, but since these buildings have effects it's less problematic). I even went into the pack file to check and see if I could figure out why. Reason why is that they're listed as sub-culture greek, and so use a different building chain from Hellenistic factions like Macedon. That's fine, but it's less so when you check under building effects junction and see no greek major or minor cities listed (with exception of the capitals). So no income, food consumption, etc. Some of the buildings do still have a garrison but that's under a different section (and some don't, Provincial town chain has nothing, Allies chain at least has garrison).

Screenshots

So yeah this is jarring, and a problem, a serious one. I'd like to play the mod but with so many issues (and the end of turn crash bug that makes it so that I can''t really do a long campaign anyway). I'd like for someone to tell me the whys to all of this, maybe help me fix these. I like how ambitious the mod is, and I can tell that a lot of work went into it, but it ranges from a chore to play, to downright unplayable at times. So do help this.

Firstly, low fertility is not a feature, whoever said that must be misinformed. Something messed up in one of the updates and UMC has fixed it, I believe, so that should be resolved next update. I have also not experienced the bug with skill levels, but I'll have to get back into the mod to check on that.

Secondly, sieges are buggy. There have been numerous reports about problems in this area, again I think something happened in the last update. It's annoying, but noted for sure. I would suggest not playing with the Achaean League as they are not a fleshed out faction and are more prone to issues than factions like Rome, Carthage, Seleucids, etc. This includes the fact that they were mistakenly given the name Koinon ton Aitolon instead of Koinon ton Achaion, though I thought this was resolved recently.

I've got a few problems during the late game of my Roman campaign. The first thing I encountered is the fact that, no matter what I do, the noble support is always 0. Because of that my power level remains quite low.
    The second thing I encountered is that I'm not able to research the "Urban Cohorts" in the Civic IV departement. If i click on it, it just remains gray and at the end of the turn the game tells me I'm not researching anything. This is especially anoying as I need this research to get to the "Pax Romana". I'm currently using the fast research mod for player and AI, but disabling it makes no difference. Is there anything I can do on my side to fix that myself?

Apologies for double posting. I was now suddenly able to do the "Urban Cohort" research. Are there any requirements to do that research? Like a specific year or event?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 22, 2019 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Hello!
    I have a problem with dying Iceni generals on(?) chariots. They are dying simply by driving on the battlefield without fighting or passing through their own units. Is that normal or its a bug?
    U have a mod from steamworshkop.