Thread: Winter Years

Default Winter Years

I have been considering changing the usual process whereby every second campaign turn is in Winter. In general, fighting in Winter was not preferred for a number of obvious reasons. I am not at my PC right now, but one solution would be to remove them entirely, though I would prefer to randomise them with a 25% chance, or make them once every fourth turn etc.

Thoughts? How to do?

Thanks
    -PB

Judeman266's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Winter Years

If we're talking 1 year per turn, then I agree with the randomization factor over the every other year. I'm thinking the randomization could represent an early/late winter that comes around unexpectedly while on campaign. So between the three, I think the randomized winters is most realistic and it seems most fun. My only concern is that adding more scripts adds turn load times. As long as the time burden isn't too great, randomization is good.

Agreed. But how?

One turn per year sounds horrid.

At least 2, preferably 4, perhaps 6.

Judeman266's Avatar Ducenarius

@Point Blank: I did some research and I think that the weather is hard-coded. The only way to change it is turns per year.

@Mamlaz: RR is set up for a turn per year unless PB has created 2 campaigns. I would suggest that if there isn't a 2-6 TPY campaign you could always do it yourself. Be aware, you would have to multiply all the recruit times by the TPY.