Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faction units planned for next release

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Default Faction units planned for next release

Naga: Echidnean Hydra, Naga Behemoth, Octopus, Naga Scaleslicer, Medusa, Satyr(Satyr Shadowstalker, Satyr Hellcaller, Satyr Betrayer)
    Qiraji:
    Anubisath Guardian, Anubisath Colossus, Obsidian Destroyer, Dredge Crusher, Qiraji Slime
    Amani:
    Lynx Warrior, Loa Binders, Dragonhawk Gods
    Lordaeron: Silverpine Rangers, Paladins of the Silverhand, new footmen etc (
    several units possibly)
    Stormwind: Westfall Brigadier , Stormwind Marines, Stormwind Elite Footmen (
    Unique WC3)
    Theramore: Dwarven Priest, Enchanted Armor, Theramore Cataphract
    Khaz Modan:
    Gnome Mechwarrior, Gnome Spiderbot , Gnomeregan Guards, Mountain Kings
    High Elves: High Elven Chariot, Phoenix, Majestic Phoenix
    Blood Elves: Arcane Destroyer, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix
    Dark Iron: Leper Gnome, Trogg Slave, Dark Iron Champion
    Dark Horde:
    Ogre Magi, Blademaster, new orcs (peons, archers, spearmen, spearthrowers, warriors)
    Nerubians:
    Spider(Cave Spider, Darkfang Skitterer), Dark Vizier, Carrion Beetles
    Night Elves:
    Chimaera, Hippogryph Rider,Ancient of War, Keeper of the Grove, Dryad, Demon Hunter, Dark Troll(multiple units mercenaries)
    Scourge: Flesh Titan, Scourge Colossus, new basic skeletons?
    Forsaken: New roster minus the good quality units (
    Abominations, Apothecaries, Sylvannas & Banshee's).
    Drakkari: Drakkari Soulbinder, Mammoth
    Stromgarde: Trollslayer, Highlander
    Farraki: Sandfury Darkcaster, Scorpion, Farraki Shadowblade, Echidnean Hydra
    Horde:
    Blademaster, Far Seer, Troll Darkspear Berserker, Darkspear/Gurubashi Witch Doctor, Dire Wolves?, new orcs (peons, archers, spearmen, spearthrowers, warriors)
    Burning Legion: Demon Lord, Fel Reaver,
    Satyr(Satyr Shadowstalker, Satyr Hellcaller, Satyr Betrayer)
    Scarlet Crusade: Inquisitor, Dark Priest, Hounds animal handler unit?
    Gurubashi: Gurubashi Gladiator, Jaguar Warrior, Avatar of Hakkar, Hakkar?

Mercenary units:
    Sword and Board Infantry(Human Factions), Sword and Board Archer(Human Factions)

Red units are low tier and the green ones elite+ tier and will have to be included without breaking the game balance.

Potential factions and their potential units:

Ulduar: Iron Dwarf Worker, Iron Dwarf Soldier,
    Iron Dwarf Steelshaper, Iron Dwarf Shooter, Iron Dwarf Runecaster, Iron Vrykul Warrior, Iron Vrykul Runeshaper, Iron Vrykul Crusher,Iron Dwarf Golem,Animated Steelguards, Clockwork Giant, Mechagnome Gyrocopter, Mechagnome War Bot, Mechagnome Spiderbot, Ulduar Stone Keeper, Iron Giant, Faceless Horror, Faceless Nightmare, Titanic Watcher
    Ulduar sub-units: (frost elementals, fire elementals, mechagnomes, mechagnome and mechagnome small bots, yogg-saron small minions)

Goblins
    : Goblin Crew, (Hero) Tinker, Goblin Firethrower, Goblin Zapper, Goblin Zeppelin, Goblin Alchemists, Goblin Shredder, Goblin War Machine

Vrykul: (undecided)

Zandalari: (undecided)

Minor Factions (Rebels):
    Highwaymen, Slimes, Bandits, Centaurs, Furbolgs, Kobolds.

Blue units are already finished.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 26, 2018 at 09:39 PM.

Default Re: Faction units planned for next release

That is a lot of units.. curious to see what some of them are, like Demon Lords, Highlanders, Vindicators, etc..

Some of those units will probably need to be renamed to fit their factions better though

Yeah, balance will definitely be an issue.. but it will be taken care of, in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    That is a lot of units.. curious to see what some of them are, like Demon Lords, Highlanders, Vindicators, etc..

Some of those units will probably need to be renamed to fit their factions better though

Yeah, balance will definitely be an issue.. but it will be taken care of, in time.
    By demon lords i mean something smaller than Archimonde&KJ, some strong eredars in service of the two.
    Vindicator is a type of paladin that enjoys more fighting than praying to the light and highlanders are hardened warriors from Arathi Highlands. Im out of ideas for human factions.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    Naga: Naga Behemoth, Octopus, Naga Scaleslicer, Medusa
    Qiraji: Anubisath Guardian, Anubisath Colossus, Obsidian Destroyer
    Amani: Lynx Warrior, Loa Binders
    Lordaeron: Vindicators, Kul Tiras Marines
    Stormwind: Westfall Brigadier , Stormwind Marines
    Khaz Modan: Gnome Mech, Gnome Spiderbot , Gnomeregan Guards
    Dark Horde: Ogre Magi, Blademaster
    Nerubians: Spider(multiple units), Dark Vizier
    Night Elves: Hyppogriph, Hyppogriph Archer, Keeper of the Grove, Dryad, Dark Troll(multiple units)
    Scourge: Flesh Titan, Scourge Colossus
    Farraki: Sandfury Darkcaster, Sand Crawler
    Horde: Blademaster, Far Seer
    Burning Legion: Demon Lord, Fel Reaver, Satyr(multiple units)
    Scarlet Crusade: Inquisitor, Dark Priest
    Gurubashi: Gurubashi Gladiators, Jaguar Warrior, Avatar of Hakkar

Red units are low tier and the green ones elite+ tier and will have to be included without breaking the game balance.

Potential factions and their potential units:

Ulduar: Iron Dwarf Worker, Iron Dwarf Soldier, Iron Dwarf Steelshaper, Iron Dwarf Shooter, Iron Dwarf Runecaster, Iron Vrykul Warrior, Iron Vrykul Runeshaper, Iron Vrykul Crusher,Iron Dwarf Golem,Animated Steelguards, Clockwork Giant, Mechagnome Gyrocopter, Mechagnome War Bot, Mechagnome Spiderbot, Ulduar Stone Keeper, Iron Giant, Faceless Horror, Faceless Nightmare, Titanic Watcher
    Ulduar sub-units: (frost elementals, fire elementals, mechagnomes, mechagnome small bots, yogg-saron small minions)

Goblins: (undecided)

Vrykul: (undecided)

Zandalari: (undecided)
    Horses cannot attack, only the riders can attack - unless they are elephants.. Seeing as how the Hippogriphs are going to use the same BotET skeletons as the Human Gryphons - they are going to be horses and not elephants. Therefore it's safe to say that the Hippogriph-unit should in-fact be replaced by a Chimaera dragon-unit instead. However, the Hippogriph Archer would work perfectly - i just need the actual Hippogriph and we can mount a Night elven Archer on it.

- Rebels have already gotten three Tuskars, three Iron Dwarves, one Iron Vrykul, two Taunkas and a reskin of the Dark Iron Golem. Stormwind has the new Nights Watch Militia.

- The next release also do need new Goblins, bandits, Furlbolgs, Slimes and Highwaymen for the rebels plus Centaurs?

Tureuki had some good ideas for the Goblin roster, but that's not a thing for the next version possibly..

The rebel units could become the Ulduar faction yes, but i rather focus on filling out the old factions and the rebels first.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 15, 2018 at 07:31 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Won't the Blademasters be an elite unit?

They are but the units marked in green are the elite of the elite. They will break the current balance when added in the campaign.

Cool, like that battle where my arcanist killed 1700 enemies and the other casters another 1000. Is there any chance that Burning Blade clan or Cenarion Circle will become their own faction?

Quote Originally Posted by markuis View Post
    Cool, like that battle where my arcanist killed 1700 enemies and the other casters another 1000. Is there any chance that Burning Blade clan or Cenarion Circle will become their own faction?
    No. Individual clans feel WoW connected.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Logically some of these "units" are supposed to be 1 man armies. I dont think an army of militia and footmen can take down a titanic watcher. Hero class units such as blademasters, far seers etc. is another story. They are not in the same level.

Centenarius

Cool, thank your sharing the list, Bantu I have noticed that you listed "Kul Tiras Marines" for Lordaeron, this means that you are planning to replace their current model with something unique?.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Cool, thank your sharing the list, Bantu I have noticed that you listed "Kul Tiras Marines" for Lordaeron, this means that you are planning to replace their current model with something unique?.
    Is the unit in game already? No problem, i can make another unit entirely.

The current marine unit is basically a human riflemen with Kul Tiras colors. A more marinesque unit would be better. I already mentioned this in main thread.

Just an update, as Bantu has been working on models as of late - we've gotten three Satyrs for the Burning legion, the Naga and the Rebels, and then we also have the Slimes replacement unit for the rebels, we have two new Nerubian Spider units, we have the new Highwaymen, Bandits, Goblin Crews and a Blademaster since before, we will add the new Orc Grunt with reskins for all factions using Grunts (reskins by Sulf) and we might get some more stuff before the update late this month.

I think i've also gotten an Ogre Magi unit.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 02, 2018 at 09:09 AM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    The current marine unit is basically a human riflemen with Kul Tiras colors. A more marinesque unit would be better. I already mentioned this in main thread.
    I agree, wearing full or even half plate to sea would be risky business. I was thinking a chest plate and a special colored beret maybe to denote their mariner status. Easy for me to say because i don't texture or model however!

Quote Originally Posted by Haveatya View Post
    I agree, wearing full or even half plate to sea would be risky business. I was thinking a chest plate and a special colored beret maybe to denote their mariner status. Easy for me to say because i don't texture or model however!
    Yeah, bantu wrote about not wanting to remake any more units and instead focusing on new stuff.

- But he may have written a Mariner before as a new unit and was going to add new Human Elite units.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Just an update, as Bantu has been working on models as of late - we've gotten three Satyrs for the Burning legion, the Naga and the Rebels, and then we also have the Slimes replacement unit for the rebels, we have two new Nerubian Spider units, we have the new Highwaymen, Bandits, Goblin Crews and a Blademaster since before, we will add the new Orc Grunt with reskins for all factions using Grunts (reskins by Sulf) and we might get some more stuff before the update late this month.

I think i've also gotten an Ogre Magi unit.
    I've implemented everything by WarcraftHero with the exception of the mercenary-file - as it requires the units to still be added, which will be some work to do.

I've also gotten new units from Bantu - "Dredge Crushers" for the Qiraji which are serpents i think (or big Slimes), "Gnome Mechwarriors" that are big mechanized warriors controlled by gnomes (and it will be a unit for the rebels in Gnomeregan, as well as for Khaz'Modan when they take that region), Amani Lynx Warriors, two mercenary units called "Sword and Board Archers/Infantry" and finally a Hippogryph mount to be used by the Night Elven Archers - creating the Hippogryph Archers from WC3.

We are not done yet, as the list above is far from finished - and as for the next update we want at least a few more units - hopefully the Naga Medusa/Lady Vashj, NE Dryads, NE Chimaeras, NE Ancients of War/Groove, Raptor mounts for the Trolls from Warcraft rather than the reskinned Cold Ones from Warhammer.

That will probably be it - however the units mentioned as possible are the ones i would prefer, but in the end it's up to Bantu what units he will rig. I will start my studies in less than two weeks as well - meaning i need to finish this the coming two weeks. After that i will update in a much slower pace.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 15, 2018 at 03:50 PM.

- The Havamal

New units finished by Bantu Chieftain and unpublished on MODDB as of yet are:

Beholder - demon in use by the Burning Legion that can change colors in battle when going from ranged to melee like the Druids, new Lordaeron Royal Guards phalanx unit replacing the old one, new Stormwind Royal Guards-unit using swords, new Scarlet Crusade Inquisitor caster unit, new Stromgarde/merc Trollslayers barbarian unit, new Demonhunters in use by Illidan's Naga that can change from Demonform to Humanoid form when going from ranged to melee like the Druids, new Medusa Matriarchs unit which are heavily armoured superior Medusas, new Medusa unit without armour that is slightly weaker than the armoured ones - and finally a Lady Vashj hero model which will use the Medusa Matriarches as her bodyguard.

I don't know, but there may be more units finished before the update is ready.

Beware that the pics posted below were WIP and that some of the models were not finished and as such may look slightly different in their finished form.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_28082018_002503_0.png   IMG_27082018_173217_0.png   IMG_27082018_182655_0.png   IMG_29082018_000902_0.jpg.png   IMG_31082018_212633_0.jpg.png  

IMG_03092018_015251_0.jpg.png   IMG_09092018_124219_0.jpg.png   IMG_09092018_101505_0.png  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 09, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

- The Havamal

Liked the Trollslayers concept. Stands unique among other human units. A ceremonial unit resembling the early Arathor days. like the British royal guard who still wear the Napoleonic era style uniforms. Demon Hunters were much needed.

All of these are nice additions. I wish the royal guard looked like the ones from wc3 cinematics though. Corinthian kind of helmets with metal crests, long blue cloaks and tridents.
    Last edited by Tureuki; September 09, 2018 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Liked the Trollslayers concept. Stands unique among other human units. A ceremonial unit resembling the early Arathor days. like the British royal guard who still wear the Napoleonic era style uniforms. Demon Hunters were much needed.

All of these are nice additions. I wish the royal guard looked like the ones from wc3 cinematics though. Corinthian kind of helmets with metal crests, long blue cloaks and tridents.
    Yeah, the Trollslayers were also present in one of the loading pictures together with other humans around a table. He probably got the idea to include them from there - and they had the Stromgarde eagle.

I originally had wanted the Demonhunters for the Night Elves like in WC3 but Bantu convinced me to let them be a Naga unit instead. Makes kinda sense as Illidan is their boss.

About the Lordaeron Royal Guards i thought the old one looked very much like in the WC3 cinematic, but you can post a pic of the WC3 ones if you want as i don't remember exactly how they looked - Bantu didn't like the ones made by Eoghan and made this new one that he said looked like in the FMV - but not sure if he watched a WC3 clip or something more recent..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 09, 2018 at 08:38 PM.

- The Havamal

There are currently 28 unit slots left as far as i know as i've removed three unused units (Band Wagon and two vanilla mercenary ships) and the two glitched Dark Iron siege engines.

When we reach the 28 units we will need to first remove the outdated heroes from custom battles as they do use up nine slots. Then we will remove the better looking heroes from custom battles freeing up an additional four slots.

When that is indeed reached we will need to remove unique hero bodyguards from the campaign, and spawn heroes through scripts for them to be single-man units - or let them have oridnary bodyguards in the campaign. Heroes do not take up space by themselves, but their bodyguards or custom battle versions do!

We'll be able to free up 14 slots for the heroes in custom battles and another 14 slots for the heroe bodyguards in the campaign.

- With this most of the units mentioned above will be included minus the final rebels.

28 slots:

Naga: Echidnean Hydra, Naga Behemoth, Octopus, Naga Scaleslicer, Medusa, Satyr(Satyr Shadowstalker, Satyr Hellcaller, Satyr Betrayer)
    Qiraji:Anubisath Guardian, Anubisath Colossus, Obsidian Destroyer, Dredge Crusher, Qiraji Slime
    Amani: Lynx Warrior, Loa Binders, Dragonhawk Gods
    Lordaeron: Silverpine Rangers, Paladins of the Silverhand, new footmen etc (several units possibly)
    Stormwind: Westfall Brigadier , Stormwind Marines, Stormwind Elite Footmen (Unique WC3)
    Khaz Modan: Gnome Mechwarrior, Gnome Spiderbot , Gnomeregan Guards, Mountain Kings
    Dark Horde: Ogre Magi, Blademaster, new orcs (peons, archers, spearmen, spearthrowers, warriors)
    Nerubians: Spider(Cave Spider, Darkfang Skitterer), Dark Vizier, Carrion Beetles
    Night Elves: Chimaera, Hippogryph Rider,Ancient of War, Keeper of the Grove, Dryad, Demon Hunter

- That would all be included with the remaining slots.

If all the ones not included here are added (minus remakes or including remakes) we would have filled out the remaining 28 unit slots.

The nine free slots would enable these:

Scourge: Flesh Titan, Scourge Colossus, new basic skeletons?
    Forsaken: New roster minus the good quality units (Abominations, Apothecaries, Sylvannas & Banshee's).
    Farraki: Sandfury Darkcaster, Scorpion, Farraki Shadowblade, Echidnean Hydra

They would also include:

Horde: Blademaster, Far Seer
    Troll Darkspear Berserker, Darkspear/Gurubashi Witch Doctor, Dire Wolves?, new orcs (peons, archers, spearmen, spearthrowers, warriors)

With the four good quality heroes removed from custom battles we would get these as well:

Burning Legion: Demon Lord, Fel Reaver, Satyr(Satyr Shadowstalker, Satyr Hellcaller, Satyr Betrayer)
    Scarlet Crusade: Inquisitor, Dark Priest, Hounds animal handler unit?

- Only the Gurubashi 3 to 4 units and the remaining rebels would be cut.

With the final 14 slots from the campaign bodyguards we could get the following:

Gurubashi: Gurubashi Gladiator, Jaguar Warrior, Avatar of Hakkar, Hakkar?

Mercenary units: Sword and Board Infantry(Human Factions), Sword and Board Archer(Human Factions)

(Hero)
    Tinker, Goblin Firethrower, Goblin Zapper, Goblin Zeppelin, Goblin Alchemists, Goblin Shredder

Centaurs (two units)

Furlbolgs.

If we remove the Goblin Zeppelin and maybe one of the Gurubashi units we would get at least three Furlbolgs and one Harpy.

Remove two other random units on the list and the other two Harpies could be added in their place.

To get the Zandalari as unique rebels or unique Ulduar rebels we would need to remove something else.

There is no point in removing heroes before reching the limit though. We still need heroes as unique generals in the campaign as those take up no space.

Edit:

Heroes could still use unique bodyguards as they don't take up slots - the unique entries for hero unique bodyguards take up slots.

The difference being that currently Thralls unit of Korkrons has a unique entry with better stats than the ordinary Korkron bodyguard - making him stronger than the ordinary unit. If we were to remove this unique bodyguard entry, he could still use the ordinary Korkron bodyguard or any other unit as bodyguard, the difference being they would not be stronger - he would not be stronger compared to other bodyguards of the same type.

But he would still be Thrall as the officer with Thralls traits etc.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 14, 2018 at 08:08 PM.

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast