Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield V

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Battlefield V

*facepalm* yeah that’s what I meant
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Preorders are down 85% compared to the Call of Duty.

Get woke, go broke.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

It could be because people would prefer to get Origin Access Premier rather than only BF5.
    But I doubt that would make THAT big an impact on the stats.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Has anyone here preordered/is going to?
    I do not. I am unhappy with the game marketing. I can not get past the COD vibe of the trailers. It is so over the top. I find it boring.

I do not really care about the girly polemic. I am surprised how big the issue became to the BF community. I mean the beta featured Sturmgewehr 44, Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger and Sturmpanzer VI in the battle of Narvik but the community main complain about realism is about a few feminine models. Similarly the Karabiner 98k is introduced as a semi-automatic rifle even as it is a bolt action rifle. This barely raise any issue among the community despite its clear impact on gameplay.

EA deserves its troubles with Battlefield V. Like many company EA wanted to market its game as historical accurate/authentic or however you name it while simultaneously making what it want in the name of their freedom creativity. The way EA handled the polemic was stupid.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The community does not hate the girls per se, but rather the lack of authenticity. EA claimed it will be their most authentic and accurate BF yet and then they add black jewish nazies and women ripped straight from deus ex. If they had just come out and said "we're making a WWII themed game but it won't be authentic" nobody would have cared. Look at Wolfenstein.

Soderlund leaving also has something to do with it. Rumor has it that the guy is probably aiming at opening his own studio again so he is trying to poach DICE talent, best way to do that is to make sure BF 5 crashes and burns.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Well it’s been delayed until Nov 20th, by just over a month https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/30/ea-s...ase-delay.html

Also does anyone know what the ray tracing stuff will mean? Will it be on PS4?
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I'm actually happy with the delay tbh, it means it'll release after my exams end and I won't be a month behind everyone else.
    Ray tracing, AFAIK is basically light reflecting off surfaces, with really good graphics cards you'll be able to see the world reflecting in puddles/metal/glass. Eg explosions and players.

Check out this article, and this video (you can skip the first 10 seconds if you want to)

The Battlefield V beta opens tomorrow if you have Origin Access, or on the 6th if you don't. Are any of you guys going to be playing it?

Blog Entries

You bet

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'll have to see if I can make room on my SSD, My Medieval 2 folder is almost 200GB (mods)
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I'll have to see if I can make room on my SSD, My Medieval 2 folder is almost 200GB (mods)
    Jesus how large is your SSD? why not get an external hard drive for games the don't require as much priority

Blog Entries

500GB (Well, 465), I have an 800GB HDD for non-priority games too
    and Peaman

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I played the Beta, on Ultra.

The game is spectacular visually on the big open areas but in the hand-to-hand combat areas in narrow pathways it looks very much like BF1.

I'm also very unhappy about the lack of weapon customisation - weapon customisation is now just cosmetic. That's it.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Blog Entries

You can add scopes and things with the ugrade system.

but yeah, customisation is really bad this year. I might pass tbh. Anyone think the indoor lighting is a little funny too?

Also I hate the lack of spotting now, it’s pretty much been completely removed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    I'm also very unhappy about the lack of weapon customisation - weapon customisation is now just cosmetic. That's it.
    You can upgrade your weapons, and go down a specific branch of upgrades, which gives you better recoil, accuracy, speed etc, though that's purely stat-based and gives no cosmetic upgrades
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

If you go down one ‘branch’ does that lock you out of the other?

Blog Entries

Yes, it does.
    and Peaman

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

OK first minutes with the game : I chose my character and end up with a black British soldiers armed with a StG 44. A couple of minutes later I even add a scope to my weapon. Gameplay wise it the setup I prefer but I feel like playing a contemporary Russian soldiers ... I decide to change a little a little bit, select sniper and I find myself playing as a British women

Settra was right about the immersion.

I kind of like the game although it feels very similar to Battlefield 1. Maybe too much. I wonder what will be the others game mode or if Grand Operations will make a return. I like how they spiced the Multiplayer mode on Narvik with different modes linked together.

For now I am struggleling to understand the customization options. Will it be possible to customize the character ? Change his cloths, his/her sex, etc ?

Blog Entries

I believe most of the customization is restricted until the full release, and that they're very limited in the beta
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

To be fair since the customization is not abailable in beta it makes sense the defaults for the beta would be a range of characters

Edit: hahahahaha wtf

Last edited by Aexodus; September 08, 2018 at 07:49 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast