Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield V

Default Re: Battlefield V

I'm imagining an average modern FPS player magically transported into WW2 time in one of the major armies asking where does he get to wear facepaint and put a quickscope silencer on his rifle, and commanding officer just gives him a kick to the trenches.
    But seriously, I have little faith in this, especially since this game would have to compete with titles such as Post Scriptum and Hell Let Lose which actually do a good job combining historical realities with balanced tactical gameplay, while the run and gun niche has already been taken by CoD.
    There were, in fact, women in WW2 who filled combat roles, but they were all in Red Army, mostly as snipers and night bomber pilots, while Allied armies didn't really have "diversity", for example African-Americans were not "trusted" for combat roles and overwhelming majority of soldiers were white men. The ironic part is that Waffen SS was the most ethnically diverse fighting force in the conflict, but I doubt politically correct Swedes would want to depict that.
    Also, as usual, not a sign of Canadians. You know, one of the major armies in Commonwealth. Absolutely disgusting.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

New progression system

Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Supposedly the most immersive battlefield, but my immersion is ruined by the ridiculous characters. Katana, hook-hand no scope sniping frontliner woman.. I'd probably still get it if it is fun to play. Suspension of disbelief. Some cool indie WW2 shooters out now, things like post scriptum coming out.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I do not mind women, katana, cyborg arm, etc.

My main complain with the trailer is its atmosphere. It is so over the top it feels like copy pasta of Call of Duty. At one point there is even a dude who manage to down a warplane plane with his MG 34/ MG 42 ...

As a fan of battlefield I expect a little more realism in the game. I am sure there is a middle ground between a reskin of CoD and a reskin of Red Orchestra 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    The ironic part is that Waffen SS was the most ethnically diverse fighting force in the conflict
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    My main complain with the trailer is its atmosphere. It is so over the top it feels like copy pasta of Call of Duty. At one point there is even a dude who manage to down a warplane plane with his MG 34/ MG 42 ...
    He shot down the low flying plane by hipfiring the MG and hitting a grenade in mid-air.

Blog Entries

But hey guys its ok, cuz only in Battlefield....
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

As a fan of battlefield I expect a little more realism in the game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[/YOUTUBE]

Realism FTW
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Blog Entries

I think some people have trouble separating ‘realism’ from historical accuracy.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I think some people have trouble reading posts.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I think I'll preorder this game, but no thanks to the trailer
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

EA Play is coming up so we should see some good gameplay footage coming up quite soon. Based on that, we will see if the pre-orders are good or not - I'll see as well whether I will pre-order or not.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Are they actually marketing it as plain old WW2? When I saw the trailer I thought it was meant to be some sort of alternate reality theme. If it's meant to be historical then I guess I understand why all the ruffled feathers.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Are they actually marketing it as plain old WW2?
    The ‘most immersive battlefield yet’. Or at least, that’s just what they said in the reveal stream. But what do I know...

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

It's not marketed as authentic WW2. It's inclusive WW2, which means skins / katanas...
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Nope.
    He's right though. Waffen SS included recruits from over 20 countries, including, for example, Bosnian muslims and Indians, as well as Czech, Swedish, British and French recruits. I'm not sure, but I think there were some black recruits too...

Apparently they have announced Battle Royale!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Its obviously the same game as the previous reveal which was horrendous, but seeing actual gameplay makes it look like an actual Battlefield title.

Here's the multiplayer trailer

Here's some gameplay by JackFrags, focusing on the Grand Operations gamemode and general gameplay

Here's some gameplay by Westie, focusing on fortifications and destruction

This video focused on vehicles
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; June 09, 2018 at 07:10 PM.

Blog Entries

As a Norwegian, this is really fun to see. Our version of BBC had an article on the game. Title reads "The Battle of Narvik will be central in one of the worlds largest wargames" It includes some explanation about the game, a game reviewer saying many people will probably buy the game just because of that, and a local historian expressing his delight that this is featured. Myself included. Link to the article: https://www.nrk.no/nordland/_slaget-...ill-1.14077333
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

^that’s really cool to hear Athelstan, the fact that Dice is based in Sweden probably helped with that. Maybe I’ll hear a lot more Norwegian in game chat this year lol

But anyway, I heard that suppression is gone as a game mechanic but still present, but only as a purely visual effect. Is this true?

Blog Entries

I've heard bullet drop has gone, unsure about supression. Also, when releases I'd happily set up a squad/clan/similar thingy.
    and Peaman

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast