Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Transfer thread boys - time to pack up the new transfers!

Tuchel to PSG - http://www.france24.com/en/20180514-...coach-football
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2018/19 Transfer Thread

For Arsenal there’s only one signing on our minds atm. Who will replace Wenger.

Looks like anyone with real pedigree will want in the region of £200m to rebuild the squad. Both Enrique and Allegri are rumoured to have put that figure on the table. So Arteta is the favorite. Not the most inspiring appointment...

Is those numbers now well in the Arsenal budget? I thought they could afford it. That and much more.

Griezman should go to Barca

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Is those numbers now well in the Arsenal budget? I thought they could afford it. That and much more.
    Apparently not. The figure given for transfers (without money gained from sales) is £50m. And I don't see us raising much from sales unless we let a couple of big names go.

Deals we're strongly rumoured to be working on/close to completing.

CB - Sokratis Papastathopoulos (Dortmund)
    CB - Çağlar Söyüncü - ( SC Freiburg)
    GK - Bernd Leno -(Bayer Leverkusen)

Possible signings.
    Jean Michaël Seri - Likely.
    Max Meyer - Unlikely.

Players I can see going.

Ospina. £8m
    Chambers. £7m
    Iwobi (please God) Loan.

Players on loan.

Perez. £7m
    Campbell. (contract expires)
    Jenkinson. £2m

Players who might go.

Bellerin. £35m
    Ramsey. £40m
    Wilshere. Contract expires.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; May 16, 2018 at 06:56 PM.

Blog Entries

The big story coming out tonight. Unai Emery will be appointed Arsenal manager this week. I know little about him, he won 3 Europa leagues with Sevilla and the French league with PSG. Seems like a good fit for us. Pragmatist in me says all he has to do is finish above 6th to make progress..

Zidane left Real Madrid after winning the 3rd CL in a row... that will cause some serious transfer waves, but only after the World Cup.

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Blog Entries

Smart move by Zidane. The Real first team is ageing and the rebuild is going to cost bucket loads. Which apparently the Real board were reluctant to give to Zidane...

Btw just want to note that as of now William Carvalho is a free player. If anyone needs a good potentially world class Defensive midfielder, he is up for grabs.
    So is several other Sporting Lisbon players.

Like the rising Portuguese stars Gelson martins, and Bruno Fernandes ( they are both on national team right now of the world cup). The team captain Rui Patricio ( and Goalkeeper of the Portuguese national team), The dutch Goal scorer ( center foward) Bas dost.
    Also a U21 winger and second striker Daniel Podence, a youth prospect and potencial.

It is a long story... but long story short there have been a situation with the ultras, where 50 of them invaded Sporting academy and training grounds, and made a beating, and life threats on the players and technical staff last month. There is a lot of theories with Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho being behind it of some sort, it is a peculiar shameful case for Portuguese football.

At any case, this lead to several players to terminate their contracts with just cause, so in another words they are free players as of now. Probably more will follow.

I hear there is rumors of Rui Patricio in wolverhampton also an earlier one that put him in Napoles.
    The former is more likely due to connections of Jorge mendes. I read Daniel podence was also going for the wolves... but im not sure.

The other players i dont know yet. but i know they are very sought after by some European colossus. Mainly Bruno Fernandes and Gelson Martins. ( keep your eyes open for Bruno in this world cup he will attract attention for sure, made a great season).
    And of course William Carvalho.

Basicaly Sporting lisbon has been destroying their team right now, over this unbelievable situation. Apparently this Animosity between the President , and Staff and Players has been brewing for quite a while

Coach Jorge Jesus also left the club and signed for Al Hilal.

As for Zidane leaving, and probably Ronaldo too, i find it odd, something must have happened. Is Ronaldo going back to Man United? that will be very interesting, but i dont see it somehow. To PSG? maybe, but i will find it odd seen Cristiano playing in the French League... In fact i will find it very strange seen Ronaldo playing in other club that isnt Real madrid right now.
    Maybe its setting up for Neymar moving out to Real?

Also rumors of Griezman going to barça... not sure that is going to happen. Understandably so, Atletico officials are angry over public pursuit of Barcelona over Griezman. That will not make conversations going smooth now.

Some clips of Bruno fernandes and Gelson Martins
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Gelson basically is a new Nani.. hopefully better.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 11, 2018 at 11:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Arsenal had already bid for Martins. I’m a fan of Carvalho too, why we’ve never made a solid effort to get him is a mystery. Maybe we will now..

Juventos to Sign CR7 i hear? For 100 Million euros.
    Way better then going to PSG imo.

And im confident Real will sign Neymar right after.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 03, 2018 at 10:07 AM.

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

Apparently Buffon will go to PSG. Weird transfers, if you ask me. Players who are identified with their clubs moving to other European powers. Not Neymar, of course. He just identifies with himself.

Lol it is trendy to hate on Neymar this days Honestly i think there is a lot of expectations on him, maybe too much for him to bear. I also think his move to PSG was a big Mistake.

Buffon is some what understandable, ending his career, although i would have thought he would chose to go to China or USA instead. But Paris is Paris i suppose.

Btw Gelson Martins signed for Atletico Madrid.

William Carvalho is undecided... but i hear he is to sign for Betis. ( what a waste if true).

Also i hear FIAT workers are on strike today on account of Cristiano transfer...
    I sympathize on principle i really do... but i do find it odd they didnt went on strike when Juve gave 90 million euros for Higuain in 2016. Just saying.

Cristiano to Juventus

That being said, let's see what Real is up to now after this WC.

I forseen a decline of real madrid in the next seasons.
    Not just Cristiano leaving ( that too and in a big way IMO) but the team is aging overall.

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

I never saw Cristiano as that important to Madrid. But now they're gonna need a decent striker, otherwise they'll have to rely on Benzema.

Pavard to Bayern by the end of this season.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Posting this here as this is the most up to date football thread.

If something needs bottling, no one does it better than Leeds United.

Always glad to see Leeds failing . Revie , Wilkinson and Graham . The most dour and uninspiring managers of all time .
    Mind you , We poached our worst manager of all time from Norwich . Evertonians still get Aggy when you mention Mike Walker .
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Hmm Tony Pulis woul have a case to answer for that list!

I think next season we need a season thread rather than transfer thread, a bit misleading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast