Thread: No -war fervour from border wars (bonus also removed for balance)

Default No -war fervour from border wars (bonus also removed for balance)

Mod which encourages making war on everyone and winning battles, instead of sitting around in peace.
    What kind of viking gets massively demotivated by raiding several different nearby irish tribes at once?

-2 border war per bordering faction you are at war with per turn has been removed entirely.
    +1 or +2 bonus per turn from keeping half/all armies at home has also been removed.

If you are fighting one enemy at the time with all your forces at home, you will experience no difference.
    If you are fighting several bordering factions at once (especially if your armies were abroad raiding them), this mod gets rid of a huge detrimental effect.
    If you are often at peace, with your troops sitting around at home doing nothing, this mod removes a small bonus.

(At higher difficulty levels, the difference is even more pronounced due to multiplier)
    I tried out for a few rounds as Dyflin on VH, and it seemed to work as expected, basically encouraging starting wars and winning battles, discouraging peace and waiting around at home.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14LJ...ew?usp=sharing
    Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing, not a modder, but it seems to be very simple and working well.
    Last edited by PaleBlueDot; May 14, 2018 at 06:13 AM.

Default Re: No -war fervour from border wars (bonus also removed for balance)

This mod worked great on my Sudreyar campaigns. Was getting hammered with war fervor for the last couple weeks. Sudreyar start kinda poor and far away from everything so it takes time to ramp up. I enjoy sacking towns & hit & run tactics, avoiding the enemy armies. Border wars penalties were racking up and the only way to consistantly mitigate it is head to head battles, which I prefer to avoid until I have an advantage =). This helps that hit & run raider play style. Thanks for creating it!

Default Re: No -war fervour from border wars (bonus also removed for balance)

Thank you! I'm deep into a welsh campaign on VH and I have wars on all fronts, it is hard enough without getting -10K border wars. I don't find it the mod unbalanced at all, losing a single battle on VH drops far fervor a ton while winning battles only increases it slightly.