Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update v1.1 January 20th, 2019

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update May 23rd - 1.0.1g

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Eastwood View Post
    If you had bothered reading Sheridan’s response there would be no need for these hostile responses. For your consideration I have posted his response above.

please remember modders use there spare time to deliver these fantastic mods to us for FREE so if it takes 2 days or 2 years to realease updates that is the prerogative of the AE and AE team only. They are not paid employees of CA. ...and if they were paid for making these mods then you have every right to on, and demand “where is my mod etc..”. Be patient and if you are not happy that the AE team are not delivering what you expect I don’t really think they are going to lose any sleep over one member not happy at the delivery of non steam links etc..also if your still not happy then go play another mod. It is that simple really.
    If you had bothered to notice, Sheridan's comment came after my non-hostile comment. Sheridan explained it perfectly. i understand it's totally up to the modder what they want to do,thats not the issue here,I have the steam version & i don't need a non-steam link.It's only comments like yours that prove my point, it has gone right over your head. Mrsmile second sentence sums it all up.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update May 23rd - 1.0.1g

all the people constantly demanding non steam links
    Please do not generalise. First of all, the people do not DEMAND non-steam links, they are asking for non-steam links, and secondly, most are patiently waiting for them, and are not nagging and whining.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

First of all, thank you a lot for this great mod and for all the time you have invested gentlemen!! I have a question, why is the recomended difficulty for campaign normal/normal?
    Last edited by Nacho13; June 07, 2018 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho13 View Post
    First of all, thank you a lot for this great mod and for all the time you have invested gentlemen!! I have a question, why is the recomended difficulty for campaign normal/normal?
    i can’t speak for this mod in particular but usallly and I would assume is the case here it’s because that’s the diffulctly they balanced everything around when they designed and built the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    It means something where I grew up as well. Although it only means something if a promise is freely given between people who value each other equally and mutually. Did any of the people constantly asking for no steam links contribute anything to the development of the mod?

Where I am from if a promise is coerced from someone through constant nagging and whining, as with all the people constantly demanding non steam links, it means no more than if you force someone to sign a contract through duress.

Ultimately a promise is a reflection on both parties - people will only make genuine promises to those whom they trust and respect, and have a mutual relationship with. Most broken promises are made to those people who demand everything in a one sided relationship, much like the people demanding a free mod they have contributed nothing to.

In summary, if people were more respectful towards modders who have given up their time and effort over a period of several years, then those modders would think more carefully about what they promised to those people, and release dates would be less likely to slide as a result.
    I must disagree that asking for steam links are acts of harassment and disrespect which morally permits people (like modders) to break promises with others (like me). Did your mother really teach you that’s how promises work?
    Last edited by mrsmile1015; June 07, 2018 at 02:01 PM.

Every day I log onto these forums hoping that today is the day I will get to say BEHOLD - here is the glorious non-steam link highlighted in blue and underlined ready for my eager consumption. Instead, I have watched this thread devolve from consistent yet polite requests for google drive links, to now philosophical musings on the nature of a promise. Some have even gone so far as to use technical legal jargon that promises are not valid without consideration in the form of value.

The selfish part of me says how hard could it possibly be to zip a file and wait a couple of hours for the upload to finish?

The rational part of me says, joshiiibrahh, despite your immense eagerness to play a Total War game that isn't complete (needing to be fixed by modders), to finally play the closest thing to Rome 3 allowing you to relive the absolute ecstasy you felt playing Rome: Total War, you have no clue the intricacies and problems that such a vast and immense modding project must face. You must realize your impatience only hinders things. Go do something else for a week, two weeks maybe a month. Your existence does not hinge on the release of those links.

While the rational part of me wins, I'm still so dang keen to fire up this epic mod and have epic battles with my bros.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmile1015 View Post
    I must disagree that asking for steam links are acts of harassment and disrespect which morally permits people (like modders) to break promises with others (like me). Did your mother really teach you that’s how promises work?
    Did your mother teach you to be offended and belabor moral points about something that you are getting for free? There's nothing promised here, it's a mod. They could stop working on this mod - remove it entirely from steam- tomorrow and there's not one rational argument to suggest a moral breach. Your entire premise is incoherent. You are digging your hole deeper by expounding.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by LEXI2016 View Post
    Apparently your all still missing the point
    maybe this helps? after that your able to download the mod.
    link: https://www.g2play.net/catalogsearch...tila+total+war
    ;
    Campaign modder - Culture/AI/BAI - DB Editing

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by LEXI2016 View Post
    If you had bothered to notice, Sheridan's comment came after my non-hostile comment. Sheridan explained it perfectly. i understand it's totally up to the modder what they want to do,thats not the issue here,I have the steam version & i don't need a non-steam link.It's only comments like yours that prove my point, it has gone right over your head. Mrsmile second sentence sums it all up.
    Ok so why are you so bothered about a non steam link if you already have the game on steam?? Your mod will automatically update as and when the game and mod is updated/patched?

It seems to me that your defending players who have "pirate" (which basically means non steam versions of the game by the way) version of Attila and the AE team have categorically stated that they will not support these players as all of Total War games do not support pirate copies. I understand that some may have difficulties trying to update due to internet connections etc..but hey it is 2018 now I dont think most countries are still using ADSL connections!?
    Last edited by Clint_Eastwood; June 08, 2018 at 02:26 AM.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Eastwood View Post
    Ok so why are you so bothered about a non steam link if you already have the game on steam?? Your mod will automatically update as and when the game and mod is updated/patched?
    thats the point. they don't have it and make it our problem. we probably get a very nice fake explanation why not and so but i don't buy it. just pirateboys
    ;
    Campaign modder - Culture/AI/BAI - DB Editing

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update June 8 1.0.1f

Thread title now says "Update June 8th - 1.0.1f". Should this be 1.0.1h? If so, is this the major pending update with restart required?

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update June 8 1.0.1f

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Thread title now says "Update June 8th - 1.0.1f". Should this be 1.0.1h? If so, is this the major pending update with restart required?
    This is the big one where a start is recommended strongly. I don't know why that f ended up there
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    This is the big one where a start is recommended strongly. I don't know why that f ended up there
    Whoop!

Thanks very much, I figured as much. Based on the update post on Steam, I think UMC has copied and edited a past post with the changelog for 1.0.1f and not changed the lettering.

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    maybe this helps? after that your able to download the mod.
    link: https://www.g2play.net/catalogsearch...tila+total+war
    FYI i have a legit copy of Attila, also im not defending piracy, nowhere it says that i mentioned anything of the sort, as far as i'm concerned the modders shouldn't have to put a non-steam link ever, to be certain against piracy.
    @Clint you definately have gone off the rails. Furthermore If anyone hasn't understood the point i am trying to make i pity them.End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Did your mother teach you to be offended and belabor moral points about something that you are getting for free? There's nothing promised here, it's a mod. They could stop working on this mod - remove it entirely from steam- tomorrow and there's not one rational argument to suggest a moral breach. Your entire premise is incoherent. You are digging your hole deeper by expounding.
    Oh yes there is. I wouldn’t trade any mod for my self respect. This may seem harsh but in exchange for a hand out, you may give people permission to make empty promises to you but don’t demand that in my name. I’d rather have been trusted to handle the truth from the start.

kind of sucks that you begging for the mod have to ruin it for us waiting patiently. Because of your bickering, I'm sure they've pulled back on releasing the non steam links. And we aren't all pirates some of us can't download through the workshop for various reasons and some us may live in different countries with different rules, Funny how a few bad apples spoil the bunch

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Well I think that AE team should not provide any external links so that the "pirates" can go and hunt by other means to obtain the mod. It does suck that the last two pages of this thread is dedicated on the "Pirates" wanting this mod!

I just loaded the game (Steam version, of course). There was a brief delay for an update. The Main Menu screen says the version is 1.0 Beta. Not 1.0.1.

Is this or is this not the update?

All the people asking for a non steam link they are already out there on the internet so no need begging the creators

Please developers, dont worry about the people crying about links and updates and yadda yadda, dont even stress yourself out to answer them, you have plenty of good natured players who will take them on on your behalf! Concentrate on what you like to do!

Some people cant imagine how dreadful it is to have to account for timetables when you are working for free on your own time...