Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update v1.1 January 20th, 2019

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update May 23rd - 1.0.1g

Quote Originally Posted by arrahik View Post
    Maybe because the new version is almost finished so they want to release 1.0.1h both on moddb and on steam?
    Pretty sure this is the case. The main issue with non steam links is the time and bandwidth required to upload the 12Gb mod file, and then either reupload it or make a hotfix / update file every time a new update is made to the mod.

With 1.0.1h being such a major update, it would be a huge amount of extra time and work to upload 1.0.1g to moddb, then upload it again or made a smaller but more fiddly update once 1.0.1h is ready. So whatever is delaying 1.0.1h (I believe RL issues for the mod team) is also delaying the non steam links.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update May 23rd - 1.0.1g

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Pretty sure this is the case. The main issue with non steam links is the time and bandwidth required to upload the 12Gb mod file, and then either reupload it or make a hotfix / update file every time a new update is made to the mod.

With 1.0.1h being such a major update, it would be a huge amount of extra time and work to upload 1.0.1g to moddb, then upload it again or made a smaller but more fiddly update once 1.0.1h is ready. So whatever is delaying 1.0.1h (I believe RL issues for the mod team) is also delaying the non steam links.
    Shouldn't make promises to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post

If the size of the file is so large, why not just release it in a torrent? It's been done before with a mod for Medieval 2, and it was a decade ago, when connections were even slower.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

WINRAR? Compression should not do much harm to files....
    Last edited by babay11; June 05, 2018 at 10:04 AM.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LEXI2016 View Post
    He obviously made the promise because he wanted to carry it out but was not able to. We are entitled to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    He obviously made the promise because he wanted to carry it out but was not able to. We are entitled to nothing.
    Making promises and declaring good intentions are two different things. One of them is a commitment at the expense of a person's own reputation.

Linda
    : I know he made you a promise, but circumstances have changed.

Frank Underwood: The nature of promises, Linda, is that they remain immune to changing circumstances.

Come on guys, this is just a game. We don't know what might have happened to prevent them from delivering. I mean, I understand how people feel, I am not happy about it too, but hey.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Us postponing the non-steam links is a practical consideration. The first few weeks were such of intense patching and bug-fixing. 1.0.1h is gearing up to become a major cog in a polished new mod. Once it is out, which we intend to deliver on shortly (ETA tomorrow if no unforeseen circumstances occur), there will be room for releasing those non-steam links. I'm leaving the precise date and time up to UMC to comment further on.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    That is beside the point..making a promise & not carrying it out makes one untrustworthy in general.

That is beside the point..making a promise & not carrying it out makes one untrustworthy in general.
    And that sort of ungrateful and demanding attitude is exactly why so many modders refuse to ever promise any updates or releases, and why so many mods get abandoned by modders frustrated with this kind of abuse and criticism. In other words:

It's not remotely practical for them to release a non steam version unless they have a mostly bug free stable build. Do you understand?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    It's not remotely practical for them to release a non steam version unless they have a mostly bug free stable build. Do you understand?
    Of course not, they don't understand anything, just want, want, want.

I was actually in the process of zipping and uploading 1.0.1g onto WeTransfer. Can't be bothered now due to the attitude of people like them.

This is just a mod, why are you overexaggerating and making it so dramatic? What's the point of that? You're just gonna ruin it for other people. We're not entitled to anything, it's not like you paid for the mod.

A promise that is not supported by consideration is unenforceable. Did you pay for this update?

Apparently your all still missing the point

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Apparently your all still missing the point
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Us postponing the non-steam links is a practical consideration. The first few weeks were such of intense patching and bug-fixing. 1.0.1h is gearing up to become a major cog in a polished new mod. Once it is out, which we intend to deliver on shortly (ETA tomorrow if no unforeseen circumstances occur), there will be room for releasing those non-steam links. I'm leaving the precise date and time up to UMC to comment further on.
    If you had bothered reading Sheridan’s response there would be no need for these hostile responses. For your consideration I have posted his response above.

please remember modders use there spare time to deliver these fantastic mods to us for FREE so if it takes 2 days or 2 years to realease updates that is the prerogative of the AE and AE team only. They are not paid employees of CA. ...and if they were paid for making these mods then you have every right to on, and demand “where is my mod etc..”. Be patient and if you are not happy that the AE team are not delivering what you expect I don’t really think they are going to lose any sleep over one member not happy at the delivery of non steam links etc..also if your still not happy then go play another mod. It is that simple really.
    Last edited by Clint_Eastwood; June 06, 2018 at 04:30 PM.

Why the dont you Do the Mod for free and dedicate all your time on it??? Modders do a lot and because of ungrateful brats like you they get pissed off and leave them,at least you could thank their wonderful work instead lfcriticism and command them to work for you!
    Mod Team please dont make sense of these People.

If I were you id make it close in order to.not allowing these People yo play the modd,that way they would be more grateful

Quote Originally Posted by sinuhe2 View Post
    Why the dont you Do the Mod for free and dedicate all your time on it??? Modders do a lot and because of ungrateful brats like you they get pissed off and leave them,at least you could thank their wonderful work instead lfcriticism and command them to work for you!
    Mod Team please dont make sense of these People.
    Lexi2016 should've been more tactful since he's getting free stuff. But giving somebody your word is suppose to mean something where I grew up. Attacking people who value a promise because it would speed up mod development isn't a sound moral high ground either.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmile1015 View Post
    Lexi2016 should've been more tactful since he's getting free stuff. But giving somebody your word is suppose to mean something where I grew up. Attacking people who value a promise because it would speed up mod development isn't a sound moral high ground either.
    It means something where I grew up as well. Although it only means something if a promise is freely given between people who value each other equally and mutually. Did any of the people constantly asking for no steam links contribute anything to the development of the mod?

Where I am from if a promise is coerced from someone through constant nagging and whining, as with all the people constantly demanding non steam links, it means no more than if you force someone to sign a contract through duress.

Ultimately a promise is a reflection on both parties - people will only make genuine promises to those whom they trust and respect, and have a mutual relationship with. Most broken promises are made to those people who demand everything in a one sided relationship, much like the people demanding a free mod they have contributed nothing to.

In summary, if people were more respectful towards modders who have given up their time and effort over a period of several years, then those modders would think more carefully about what they promised to those people, and release dates would be less likely to slide as a result.