Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update v1.1 January 20th, 2019

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update June 10 1.0.1J

How did you get the size of your units???

Into the mod, this unit has only 180 soldiers...

If is a mod, could you send me the link, please?

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update June 10 1.0.1J

Any progression on the CTD issue when all factions have made their move? Love the mod!

yes any update?? lol I am literally restarting, hoping things are better. An urgent patch is really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    yes any update?? lol I am literally restarting, hoping things are better. An urgent patch is really needed.
    Sorry, this depends on UMC's presence. Many of the crashes are likely startpos related and he is the one with most knowledge there. Is on a business trip I believe and will be back soon. In the meantime, the rest of us are preparing another big update with tons of fixes and improvements.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Sorry, this depends on UMC's presence. Many of the crashes are likely startpos related and he is the one with most knowledge there. Is on a business trip I believe and will be back soon. In the meantime, the rest of us are preparing another big update with tons of fixes and improvements.
    regardless, still excited for the update!!

Guys, did you change the strength of the tribes in the north of Rome? Their armies seem weak... to fight against to start..

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Guys, did you change the strength of the tribes in the north of Rome? Their armies seem weak... to fight against to start..
    No recent changes. Which tribes feel weaker?

AbeS17's Avatar Foederatus

I have a feeling that Elephants are way too strong. I think they should be less resistant and be more of a morale breaking unit than actual dmg unit.
    How do you guys feel?

Quote Originally Posted by AbeS17 View Post
    I have a feeling that Elephants are way too strong. I think they should be less resistant and be more of a morale breaking unit than actual dmg unit.
    How do you guys feel?
    As long as you make sure that you keep some missile troops in reserve to deal with the elephants when they are commited, then you should have no problem. If you have no missile troops to deal with the tusky ones, then you are screwed. As it should be IMHO, they were (elephants) the panzers of their day after all.

AbeS17's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Toodlepipski View Post
    As long as you make sure that you keep some missile troops in reserve to deal with the elephants when they are commited, then you should have no problem. If you have no missile troops to deal with the tusky ones, then you are screwed. As it should be IMHO, they were (elephants) the panzers of their day after all.
    I'm aware how to fight against elephants. I'm mostly playing as Carthage and I think they are too strong. Only javelin is effective against them and if your infantry doesn't have pilum (or other range weapon) you might run short on javelins.
    I agree that their charge should be devastating but in I don't think that spear unit should be without a chance against them.

Quote Originally Posted by AbeS17 View Post
    How do you guys feel?
    I will look into them. Charge impacts were just altered and a small but significant update is ready that will balance them further from 1.01h. This affects elephants, but not by much. I have some strategies in mind to gear them more towards the morale-shattering role and reduce their actual physical damage. Should expect an improvement very soon.

May be interesting to learn that Carthage's army traditions have just been revised and many new were added (and some previously uninteresting ones removed). Carthage now has 15 new, rebalanced traditions instead of 13, complete with icons. These will also be in the next update

Okay so i will start with this i would like to give some feedback on my end. When i started playing campaign for ancient empires i instantly liked it i felt the power of complexity that has been added into the game and bring back that crazy nostalgia when i first started rome total war when i was a kid. This mod is probably better then DEI because of its new features that i absolutely love. Also there are some bad sides that make me really unhappy and depressed. First of all the complexity of finances are incredible i literally started campaign and thought i was on math exam who lasted for 4 hours and ended up in bancrupcy. Too complexed and unfun at least for me the feedback on it maybe if u could make it early to be easier and progressivly to get harder since its pretty hard to get use to all the buildings, religion maintence etc really hard. Even tho i like the historic side don't fool ourselves no1 can make a historicly accurate total war game its impossible, and that is why i like alot rome total war 1 so my feedback on it was maybe to start a campaign on in italy then expand, feels like when u defeat the carthage theres no bigger force to fight point of ancient empire is the focus only on finance from what i see and math. Some people may like it but i don't like it as much. Why not add semi-fantasy unit to the roman roster or smth like that i know this might get alot of hate but i would really love to see something like that even tho i know the focus is on history. I have one bug in the game that kicks me off every couple turns and it says microsoft visual c++ runtime ended and idk how to fix like my game randomly crashes (idk if its on my end, since no other game crashes like that). I hope i gave some constructive feedback and i really love and appreciate your mod guys! gj and best of luck forward i feel keep following u !

Also what i would really like is to see instead of challenge in like financial situations and stuff i would like to see in other areas for example enemy groups vs u better balanced unites, i mean it it doesn't have to be historical add a atilla invasion when u reach imperial time like that would make the game so fun and u could see the transition and the setback and u can expect something when moving forward i feel like the hardest part is the early and later it snowballs i would like to see more challenges when u progress not that it gets easier
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 16, 2018 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.

Quote Originally Posted by danielahmed View Post
    Why not add semi-fantasy unit to the roman roster or smth like that i know this might get alot of hate but i would really love to see something like that even tho i know the focus is on history.
    Go play Warhammer, dude. Seriously, can there be 1 mod without this crap? Will you allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by metafa View Post
    Go play Warhammer, dude. Seriously, can there be 1 mod without this crap? Will you allow it?
    Hear, hear!

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update June 18 1.0.1k

Hi guys, any notion on when the next update will be released?

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update June 18 1.0.1k

Very soon. We're sorting out some final stuff before updating. This one has about the same amount of changes and fixes as the last one, including much needed revision of the starting positions for all playables. And let's not forget three new playable factions.

Very much looking forward to it! Thanks for the Update, Sheridan.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update June 24 1.0.2

Where can I find the change log? I can't view it on steam.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Ancient Empires: Total War Attila - Update June 24 1.0.2

help my mod manager not download, help me

I'm KampfKeks on Steam. Here's the recruitement fix:
    Attached Files Attached Files