Thread: Fame Victory Anyone?

Default Fame Victory Anyone?

I'm looking at this Victory Condition as a way to win by going tall rather than wide. Is that even possible? How would one accumulate that much fame without simply conquering everything ala the other victory conditions?

Default Re: Fame Victory Anyone?

I've had my only long Victory so far a Fame one, playing Gwined. After 187 turns I had 541/532 fame. Only a vague idea of what helped that since AFAIK you can't see your current fame score while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by TriathNanEilean View Post
    I've had my only long Victory so far a Fame one, playing Gwined. After 187 turns I had 541/532 fame. Only a vague idea of what helped that since AFAIK you can't see your current fame score while playing.
    You actually can look up your fame. Just go the the family tree/management screen and click on the records tab. In the upper right corner is your fame bar. If you hover your mouse over it then it will show your faction leader's exact numerical score. I just got the short victory for fame playing as Mercia and I'm only at turn 63 with not enough settlements or all of the specific named provinces for the other two short victories.

There are a bunch of specialized structures that add to your fame. You just have to read all the stuff that each structure gives you.

Some of the special capital buildings, specialized religious buildings, special coinage mints plus other one of a kind structures spread out all over the map of the entire British Isles. Most of the structures will give one 30 total points if they build all the levels.

Also some of the individual levels on the civil tech tree will award one 25 points at a whack. There are too many to list and as I mentioned, they are so spread out that playing as a particular faction means you will never see but a portion of them---- unless you take the time to conquer every single province. Generally one is going to meet all the victory requirements before that happens.

I'm sure at some point, some industrious player will probably put out a resource map listing all the provinces that have special fame generating structure chains, but until then you just find them yourself by looking for them as you conquer each province.

Cheers
    Last edited by Forward Observer; May 13, 2018 at 02:52 AM.
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

You can probably check what gains you fame during the gameplay and Forward Observer has covered most of them. You gain 5 for every battle you win, you also gain Fame from some missions, etc. I earned a Short Fame Victory in my Gwined campaign the turn after I had accidentally won the Short Kingdom Victory.

Got a Long Fame Victory today on Mide / Legendary. It kinda happens by itself if you focus on the other victory conditions.

I've got the Short Fame Victory several times, and the Long once or twice. Most of of the work getting there was through the Research Tree.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers