Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Machiavello TW (mid XV Century Italy) - original thread

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

Default Re: Machiavello TW (mid XV Century Italy) - campaign map & units update 19/05/2018

Just to let you know that the work silently continues day by day, here are some pictures of a new unique city stratmap (Bologna), of a unit (a german archer with a burgundian skin) and few odds and ends.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Atest for the creation of new lesser settlement of different types in the same province/culture

Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Domesticus

Default Re: Machiavello TW (mid XV Century Italy) - update 06/06/2018

Great job Mylae!

other lesser settlement models:

Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Very nice! Your work is appreciated. Please keep it up

Some new resources:

Previews from 3d

Ingame

Default Re: Machiavello TW (mid XV Century Italy) - update 11/06/2018

Absolutely breathtaking modification! A question however, did the team do something about the AI and PSFs? If so, has anyone done any testing yet, and how is it working out?

Thank you in advance!

Dominik

Yes, I've modified both the settlement_descr_mechanics.xml than various files on the AI, to allow for a different experience.

As the main campaign should be on a max of 120 turns, each with several scripted events, my main effort is to prevent the AI from taking stupid/unhistorical moves. So, for instance, smaller states should be content with their land and try not to expand, but will entrench and make themselves difficult to take over. As many "lesser settlements" (that is, forts) are on strategic chokepoints like river crossings and mountain passes strategic planning on attack and defence should be more interesting.
    Wars, takeover of cities and revolution will be heavily scripted too, and you can even have the "lesser states", that is, the rebels' faction, as neutral to commerce with or allied with you in battles with your enemies.

Battle AI has been modified too, taking as base the ReallyBadAi Battle System 5.7 and integrating it with excerpts and inspiration from mods such as 1642 and English Civil War, to set new default army formations that will reflect better the composition of XV century armies.

Further testing will be done later on, as for now i'm directing the focus on redoing old units with new and more detailed ones, while at the same time implementing new features for the stratmap.

Oh, and i forgot: a small preview.

The ships.
    No naval and commercial power could exist without ships. And what could sustain the economy afloat if not some competent navy?

Previews from 3d

Ingame

Last edited by Mylae; June 13, 2018 at 11:51 AM.

Not sure what you did with the CAI/forts problem but let me quote my favorite tutorial:
    defend_fortified
    Very useful unless the AI builds a fort. Like "frontline" in many respects, including using "invade_priority" to decide whose border to line up on except more flexible, compatible with nearly any invasion type and more likely to "recall" when the factions settlements are at risk. Additionally this setting often will see armies garrisoning settlements if a threatening army is nearby. However there is one MAJOR downfall. IF the AI builds a fort that army is very likely to "freeze" additionally the AI, for some incredibly stupid reason, will prefer to garrison forts over settlements, if a threatening army is nearby, even to the extent of allowing their last settlement to fall.
    This is the CAI/fort problem. It applies to pre placed permanent fort as well. If you want forts, then you have to give up on the otherwise best defence parameter, or using it so minimaly that it's not even worth the trouble. I once vaguely thought of replacing defend_fortified decisions by some combinations of other decisions using the defend_frontline and defend_normal parameters, but both of the latter have their own flaws. defend_normal not responding well with invade_opportunistic for example, or defend_frontline being unreliable to properly defend sieged settlements, and generally being less flexible than defend_fortified.
    These being from my own tests, confirming what is written in my favorite tutorial:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=156465

So I am keeping forts for a very special area of my map so far, one the ai can't normally access. Otherwise I gave up on forts, but if you found some unknown ways to deal with the above problem, I woudn't say no to a hint.

I love the period of your mod badaway, I read the comte of Monte Cristo when I was a kid, and the references to the Borgias in it gave birth to my interest on Italy history in general. Best wishes of success in your modding.

Quote Originally Posted by selv View Post
    So I am keeping forts for a very special area of my map so far, one the ai can't normally access. Otherwise I gave up on forts, but if you found some unknown ways to deal with the above problem, I woudn't say no to a hint.
    I to no think i've solved some problem; i guess the M2TW engine has its limitations. However, what i do see in several games is that many AI charachters, placed in the start on the map close to a city prefer to station in a fort, and sometimes in different forts, and only in part of them in the cities. Maybe it has something to do with the free-upkeep, as the AI wants to save some money.
    What i basically do is to try to make some changes and note how it affects the gameon the map i've made, as i think the engine will somehow give different outputs in different maps.
    Keep in mind that, as you can see in some previews, in central/northern italy there is a massive number of forts and cities, such as there are easily 3-4 cities in range of an army and 6-10 forts, so maybe they have to sort options too.

Default Re: Machiavello TW (mid XV Century Italy) - update 13/06/2018

some little update (works continue anyway)

MANTUA

SOUTH ITALIAN SMALL SETTLEMENT

NORTH EUROPEAN CITY

ITALIAN NEW AMBASSADORS

NORTH EUROPEAN AMBASSADORS

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing work, Mylae! Happy to see an update!

Amazing work! What is the ETA for the release?

Mod looking superb. Not much to saw, I am very shocked how good this mod looks. Are all of the units high quality like those that are previewed?

I have another question. I saw Hafsid general MOUNT done in great quality. Are there more mounts (European 15th century armored horse for example)?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Mod looking superb. Not much to saw, I am very shocked how good this mod looks. Are all of the units high quality like those that are previewed?

I have another question. I saw Hafsid general MOUNT done in great quality. Are there more mounts (European 15th century armored horse for example)?
    Hi achilles-91, thanks!

Yes, we would like to have only high-quality units in our mod. The idea is to have high-end models for units, as they could have been used in RomeII. Someone did already, as part of the models you can see in Rome II mods come from the same Warband OSP mods. Unfortunately, Rome II engine does not allow us the creation of custom maps, which is the main focus of this mod.

beside that, here is just a mounted unit; maybe later on I will make a preview of another knight with a horse armour.
    >> https://skfb.ly/6yWLF

Thanks for deep answer Mylae.

I saw all units on that site, however, my question is, will we see high quality mount like this (close to this)

There will be.
    Actually, this is an early xvi century tournement armour; you can notice it from the extra protection on the neck of the rider.
    later on I will post a preview of a horse armour and a rider
    For now, a preview of a "provvisionati" professional pikeman will suffice
    https://sketchfab.com/models/efd11c5...fc7a316e8f9325

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

For the horses IF you use MARKA ones check out my tutorial.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Those are great news. Yea, marka horses would be best for this task. I wonder if Ottoman elite cavalry (like kapikulu or something else) will also get unique armored mounts. This mod has so much potentional.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    For the horses IF you use MARKA ones check out my tutorial.
    I've already read it and found it very useful! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Those are great news. Yea, marka horses would be best for this task. I wonder if Ottoman elite cavalry (like kapikulu or something else) will also get unique armored mounts. This mod has so much potentional.
    Yes, we will only have Marka Horses on our mod, and some custom-built horse model.
    Ottoman Kapikulu will have their unique armoured horses too.

Here is a preview of a French Gendarme: https://skfb.ly/6ABzT
    Last edited by Mylae; July 26, 2018 at 02:30 PM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

One advice...Make body armor pieces (front-rear) a bit shorter because horse legs will go within them.
    See the reference model two posts above.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.