Thread: The Arts Chat Thread

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar Unbarred & Unguarded
    Content Director Artifex

Default The Arts Chat Thread

There isn't a thread just to discuss stuff generally eg movies/TV shows/books/art/music so I figured I'd make a thread. This isn't intended to override the current threads dedicated to these topics, but to provide a chat for all of them in general.

Default Re: The Arts Chat Thread

I did not know Neil Gaiman until American Gods (the series). In my defense (now I know he is mega famous), there is not much of his material available in Spanish, he is not very popular around here. Interesting stories, and it seems that they will adapt another of their books, How to talk to girls at parties. The trailer does not seem very attractive to me (on the other hand the soundtrack seems promising).

Signature by Lifthrasir

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar Unbarred & Unguarded
    Content Director Artifex

Besides from American Gods (the book) which I didn't like very much, the only thing of his I've read is Good Omens which is a great book he co-wrote with Terry Pratchett (the Discworld author).
    Basically its about the apocalypse which an angel and a devil are working together to stop because they don't want their existance to end, meanwhile the four motorcyclists of the Apocalypse are stirring stuff up, and the "incredibly accurate (yet so highly specific as to be useless) prophecies of Agnes Nutter, 17th-century prophetess, are rapidly coming to pass." It has some similarities to Pratchett's Small Gods which is also a great book that turns all of the ritual and stuff about religions on its head.

I would recommend a short story called Snow, glass, apples. Really original and weird.
    Signature by Lifthrasir

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I did not know Neil Gaiman until American Gods (the series). In my defense (now I know he is mega famous), there is not much of his material available in Spanish, he is not very popular around here. Interesting stories, and it seems that they will adapt another of their books, How to talk to girls at parties. The trailer does not seem very attractive to me (on the other hand the soundtrack seems promising).

oi mate, this looks like a banger!

Inkie's Avatar Mayonnaise

How can a commissar create something as wantonly heretical as this Chat thread? It stands as a blatant challenge to the orthodoxy of the One True Chat

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Char Aznable, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Doctor Shuu.

Gen. Chris's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Civitate Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'll bite.

Holy the past couple of days has been crazy in regards to cancellations. I can't remember a similar year outside of maybe the Writer's Strike season.
    Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q, Patron of IlluminatiRex and Meelis13

Niles Crane's Avatar Comes Limitis

I will never forgive Starz for cancelling Ash vs Evil Dead but on the other hand it couldn't possibly have had a better ending. I expect they'll do the same to Counterpart at some point as that can't possibly be very cheap to make.