Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mod suggestion - Game of Thrones

Default Re: Mod suggestion - Game of Thrones

Alright, it physically hurt watching that map whenever I decide to check this thread so I just made edited my map to fit his version as close as possible.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I feel like I shouldn't say my opinion since obviously I'm biased towards my own map but this just looks weird. Some factions not having full provinces triggered me for some reason.
    Although The North and The Reach are bigger (like they are in the show/books), I feel like the former northern border of The North fit more to where the Wall would be.

I like the south a bit more. The Reach being very large makes sense as they are IIRC the post populous kingdoms of Westeros. I also like the positioning of the Riverlands. I understand the point with the North really lacking a wall but at the same time I like the idea of larger but ultimately less valuable territory. Also not having full provinces is fine IMO, it makes sense and provides some points of contention.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by LSHE97 View Post
    Alright, it physically hurt watching that map whenever I decide to check this thread so I just made edited my map to fit his version as close as possible.

I feel like I shouldn't say my opinion since obviously I'm biased towards my own map but this just looks weird. Some factions not having full provinces triggered me for some reason.
    Although The North and The Reach are bigger (like they are in the show/books), I feel like the former northern border of The North fit more to where the Wall would be.

this looks a lot better. and that makes sense with the gold mine scenario, I didn't think about that.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I'm sure you can change the location of resources, eg gold mines. You can in previous games.

Has there been any word on the assembly kit yet?

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_lester View Post
    Has there been any word on the assembly kit yet?
    Apparently it will be released when the Blood DLC for Thrones is released, same time as the Allegiance update as well. 29th this month.

Started tinkering with the assembly kit to learn how to edit starting positions. Has anyone contanted Blick_Mang to see if the models from Seven Kingdoms are available for use in a mod for this game?

I'd gladly help out with scripting but I warn you that from my experience with the script interface so far it's sadly lacking in the 'support for features like estates' department.

Hi guys, i have after many hours of headscratching figured out how to edit the starting positions, remove factions etc. And I basically have a working esf. That approximates the territories of the various factions. I can show you guys a screenshot later.
    I have contacted Blick_Mang to see if he would let me use his work for a ToB mod. He hasnt replied yet but if the news is bad im extending a hand for help.
    Is anyone willing to lend aid to potential project?

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_lester View Post
    Hi guys, i have after many hours of headscratching figured out how to edit the starting positions, remove factions etc. And I basically have a working esf. That approximates the territories of the various factions. I can show you guys a screenshot later.
    I have contacted Blick_Mang to see if he would let me use his work for a ToB mod. He hasnt replied yet but if the news is bad im extending a hand for help.
    Is anyone willing to lend aid to potential project?
    I'd be willing to help out with any custom models needed, I posted my robb stark sculpt before but I can basically model, uv and texture. You will need someone to do the technical modding part but I can supply models.

Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidious View Post
    I'd be willing to help out with any custom models needed, I posted my robb stark sculpt before but I can basically model, uv and texture. You will need someone to do the technical modding part but I can supply models.

Let me know!
    Thanks for the reply, with models it all depends on wether or not Blick allows for the use of his work.
    As for now i need help with editing the rosters for each faction i have planned.
    I guess well wait and see for now but i really appreciate your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by wahidovic View Post
    I do not think they're exactly the same size
    The resolutions for the factions, provinces, regions and the Attila comparison maps are all 3600x4500. Thing is, for some reason the swords on the Attila comparison one are shorter, the "A Total War Saga" part is larger and the whole logo is made smaller as well. Its the only one where the logo is different.. What's the point?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12