Thread: Arena Chain Bug

Default Arena Chain Bug

Is it just me or does the +XP effect of the Arena (chain unlocked by the first Military Support civic technology) not work? I've had armies garrisoned in the province and even the town and it doesn't seem to be taking. I know there's been some misses on CA's tables before on release so I'm guessing it doesn't have the right province_to_armies_in_region or whatever the line is. I recall Attila had the pastures giving the bonus to agents or something goofy when it came out, but I don't have a current PFM to dig into it yet.

Default Re: Arena Chain Bug

Now you've reminded me of something I noticed 2 days ago. Just once I think; most of the time (perhaps half a dozen occasions) the Arena works fine for increasing unit XP. I had 2 stacks in a province, in different settlements, and one was gaining XP but the other one didn't seem to be gaining anything. For some reason I decided to move the stack a short distance outside and then back in to the settlement. About 6 or 7 turns later I checked back on them and chevrons had begun appearing. May just have been a coincidence of course.

I've noticed that while the Arena chain seems to apply to all stacks in a province (I've always had them in settlements but not sure if that is necessary) the building that gives up to +8 XP points per turn to Generals only seems to work for a single stack inside the settlement where it is build.