Thread: Exporting anims from Attila to ToB and more

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Default Exporting anims from Attila to ToB and more

Hey! This question is aimed at you Commisar Caligula_, for I know you are an expert at this.
    If i want to get the rome_man_spear_2h_javelin_foot animation from Attila to ToB, which tables do I use and how do I proceed IF possible?

I also have a trickier question of larger porportions; I’ve always felt since Rome 2 that an animation is needed for when an infantry attacks another infantry in the rear. I close my eyes every time the attackers patiently wait for the attacked to lazily turn around to begin the fencing.

what I would like to see is a simple animation where the ambushers strike a blow in the back of the unassuming unit. By looking at the animtables, it looks like there have to be a way to reuse present animations to make this happen. Unfortunately its way beyond my skills..

Cheers
    Last edited by Aguirre; May 08, 2018 at 10:00 AM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Exporting anims from Attila to ToB and more

May as well post the answer I pmed you in case anyone else wants to know. I've had a look at the game files though and it looks like CA just overrode Attila's animations, so idk whether you'd be able to port in the old version of shield screen for example (since shield castle overrode it). Anyways...

1: Basically you'd open up rome_man_spear_2h_javelin_foot and look at what it contains.
    Code:
    animation_table rome_man_spear_2h_javelin_foot
    {
    		skeleton_type		rome_man_game
    		skeleton_type_cinematic		rome_man

fragment		rome_man_unarmed_fragment				
    		fragment		rome_man_cinematic_fragment				
    		fragment		rome_man_spear_fragment				
    		fragment		rome_man_spear_matched_combat_fragment				
    		fragment		rome_man_javelin_fragment				
    }
    Then you would either put together those fragments, using Thrones of Britannia's fragments or you may have to port the fragments from Attila's data.pack - animations - animation_fragments and maybe even port each individual animation. Probably be easier just making a pack containing all of Attila's animations.
    Code:
    ATTACK_1				filename = "animations/rome2/human/battle/spear/combat/sp_sync_atk_001.anim"		metadata = "animations/rome2/human/battle/spear/combat/sp_sync_atk_001.meta"		metadata_sound = "animations/rome2/human/battle/spear/combat/sp_sync_atk_001.snd.meta"		blend_in_time = 0.10, weapon_bone_1 = on, weapon_bone_2 = on, weapon_bone_4 = on,
    2: I don't know how you'd make it so units can strike blows at running away units.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguirre
    Thanks for this!
    I still struggle to get it to work. I should'nt rename anything related to animations right?
    You don't rename the title of the animations, for example ATTACK_1, but you can rename everything after it.
    Code:
    ATTACK_1				filename = "animations/rome2/human/battle/spear/combat/sp_sync_atk_001.anim"		metadata = "animations/rome2/human/battle/spear/combat/sp_sync_atk_001.meta"		metadata_sound = "animations/rome2/human/battle/spear/combat/sp_sync_atk_001.snd.meta"		blend_in_time = 0.10, weapon_bone_1 = on, weapon_bone_2 = on, weapon_bone_4 = on,
    See how there's filename and metadata? If you have a different filename from metadata you can make it so that the engine plays 1 animation, whilst the game plays another (or the other way round).

For example with Rise of Mordor I made suicide bomber animations. I replaced naffatun aim animations with transition from standing to kneeling, and then replaced the fire animation with kneeling. But I kept the metadata (or filename, can't remember) the same. So in-game it looks like they kneel down, but in actual fact they're throwing their grenades so they kneel down and then explode.

ok, i dont wanna open a new topic, then ask here.
    We have a blood.pack in Attila. Why dont touch any modder this pack, and make blood MOD from Attila pack ? Its a same engine ,system . I think is possible anyhow , but maybe CA make one hidden aggreement with top modders ,so they dont make a mod with blood before blood DLC coming out ?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Its probably that no-one's bothered to try or knows how to port the blood DLC, not some nefarious backroom deal.

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Sadly have to report that I have'nt found a way to make it work yet. Must be something fishy going on with my pack and or files. Moonhoplite clearly made it with 2-handed spear animation https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1383073081

thanks for all the help Commissar