Thread: Crash (freeze) on taking final settlement of faction

Default Crash (freeze) on taking final settlement of faction

Attached is the error log for a repeated crash I get when taking the final settlement of the Getai (playing as Romani). The screen freezes completely upon selecting what to do with the taken settlement (i.e. when the "faction destroyed" notification would normally appear), only a computer restart resolves the situation.

Probably not relevant, but just in case:
    -- doesn't matter if fighting on battle map or autoresolving
    -- neither Getai leader nor heir in settlement (or anywhere to be found -- only one other Getai family member in wider area)
    -- I "did my own research" regarding the memory thing.

Any help is appreciated. If not, maybe it'll at least help you with the bug-fixing ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Crash (freeze) on taking final settlement of faction

[QUOTE=Neyak;15582070
    -- neither Getai leader nor heir in settlement (or anywhere to be found -- only one other Getai family member in wider area)
    [/QUOTE]

Scrap that. That was just me being as blind as a Sarmatian sheep.

The game almost never freezes, how long did you leave it? There's no terminating error in your log, which suggests the game was doing something that you interrupted.

Admittedly I didn't wait too long. However, I then decided to just keep playing and leave the settlement as is. So one turn later, if I take it then, I instead get a runtime error (Visual C++ message window pops up, telling me so, the executable affected, gives the number 6025 and that it tried to call a pure virtual function). The new error log for this is attached.

Last couple of lines from the log in the [trace] category are
    13:39:32.497 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <TrulyAlive> fired
    13:39:32.497 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <GetaeBecomesLeader> fired
    13:39:32.497 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <FinallyBecomesFactionLeader> fired
    13:39:32.498 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <DisinheritedFactionHeir1> fired
    followed by some [system.io] [info] stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There's no terminating error in that log, is it the one from immediately after the crash?

Yes, I specifically reproduced it just then and the time stamps match.

Have you tried leaving the settlement alone for a turn or two, then returning to it?

Sorry for the slow reply, haven't had time to play in a while due to real-life stuff -- the issue got resolved. I just waited two turns and the last Getai army including king and heir attacked my besieging army. It was an epic bloodbath, everybody died (well, all the Getai plus the better part of my forces including the general), but then I was able to take the settlement without any errors. The original problem does remain unexplained though, although nothing similar has showed up since.