Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars ruined by SJW crap thread - just for people like me who want to discuss the disaster!

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Star Wars ruined by SJW crap thread - just for people like me who want to discuss the disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerg93
    A movie like this one shall not be only a tribute to the Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan: it must be a tribute to Alec Guinness too.
    It probably should be so, but you know, look what they did with Luke in the new trilogy, not much of a tribute there. So we dont really know what to expect, but i think SOLO will show us if there is hope for good portrayal of old characters or not. As for Han Solo himself, im not really that hyped, but i think Glover will do great as the new Calirissian. The only funny feeling i have is with the Clarke's character cause its just so hard for me to see her as anyone else than Daenerys Targaryen but she is a good actress so provided that the script is not rubbish, she should be good. Surely she is a much much better actress than the greenhorn Rey actress (dont even know her name, sorry).

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Star Wars ruined by SJW crap thread - just for people like me who want to discuss the disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    It probably should be so, but you know, look what they did with Luke in the new trilogy, not much of a tribute there. So we dont really know what to expect, but i think SOLO will show us if there is hope for good portrayal of old characters or not. As for Han Solo himself, im not really that hyped, but i think Glover will do great as the new Calirissian. The only funny feeling i have is with the Clarke's character cause its just so hard for me to see her as anyone else than Daenerys Targaryen but she is a good actress so provided that the script is not rubbish, she should be good. Surely she is a much much better actress than the greenhorn Rey actress (dont even know her name, sorry).
    I don't wanna see an Obi-Wan Kenobi video with Evan as long as the feminist agenda is still a thing in these movies. It would be made less than what could be done. Precisely my thinking, that we should not wish for Vader movies etc - because they are going to ruin the characters.

Han Solo would be a solid action flick according to reviews - but they had no character development and he was the same the entire movie. The only plus that people got to see how he got his ship and stuff. But no personality change from Rookie to the Han of Episode 4.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

In my opinion, Star Wars movies never had that much of an artistic value. Space theme was being newly introduced when the first movies came. All those visually pleasant huge ships and stormtroopers combined with a classic adventure story just blew that generation's mind and its echoes has made it survive to this day. Thats why the newer movies didnt had the same reaction. Because it was no longer "new" sure they are still wanted but mostly because of echoes of that nostalgic mind blowing.

But these aside. I love the universe they created. I like Jedi, Sith, troopers, lightsabers and the unending stories both canon and non-canon.

It probably should be so, but you know, look what they did with Luke in the new trilogy, not much of a tribute there.
    Yeah you are totally right there...i do hate a lot the new trilogy for that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    In my opinion, Star Wars movies never had that much of an artistic value. Space theme was being newly introduced when the first movies came. All those visually pleasant huge ships and stormtroopers combined with a classic adventure story just blew that generation's mind and its echoes has made it survive to this day. Thats why the newer movies didnt had the same reaction. Because it was no longer "new" sure they are still wanted but mostly because of echoes of that nostalgic mind blowing.

But these aside. I love the universe they created. I like Jedi, Sith, troopers, lightsabers and the unending stories both canon and non-canon.
    I don't agree at all.. The reason the new movies suck is due to the SJW's and feminism.

You are right about why the movies were such a success in the 70's and 80's - but the great Prequels were still much better than the sequels due to no feminism.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Teureki
    Thats why the newer movies didnt had the same reaction. Because it was no longer "new" sure they are still wanted but mostly because of echoes of that nostalgic mind blowing.
    I think not exactly. The new trilogy was no longer "new" as you say but in my opinion mostly because they just took The New Hope and remade it into The Force Awakens only that their main character was made to be OP and one dimentional. While Luke was much more relatable, because he was just a simple farmer who had to earn his stripes, learn his skills, in order to achieve something. He failed several times, he was not perfect from the start.

Rey, on the other hand, flew a starship for the first time when she boarded Millenium Falcon and she was a freaking ace! I guess she was not any worse than Poe Dameron the way she piloted the Falcon FOR THE FIRST FREAKING TIME IN HER LIFE! Later when Han and Chewie joined, she could fix the Falcon in a blink of an eye making Han, who knew that ship better than anyone else i suppose, looking like a fool. And then ofcourse she fought Kylo Ren - a guy who was trained for freaking YEARS by both Luke Skywalker and Snoke, and defeated him and that was HER FIRST TIME USING A LIGHTSABER! WTF is that? First time doing something genius? That is BS guys!

Then again look at all the main male characters, they are all failures in one way or another, lets see:

Luke - an old hermit who would rather go fishing and milking his sea monsters than try to help save the galaxy, who had a change of heart only to send his "hologram" instead go himself like a real leader should / SIC!
    Snoke - seemingly wise but still stupid enough to be killed WITHOUT ANY FIGHT, powerful enough to project Kylo to Rey across the galaxy but not to see his true intentions / SIC!
    Poe Dameron - a grown man with a mentality of a 13 year old kid, great flying skills but acting like a fool even when facing possible death (when captured for example), its one thing to be cocky and another to be acting a fool
    Finn - on one hand a traitor for the First Order, on the other hand a coward who would turn tail and run at any sight of the First Order, fought only at the end when there was no alternative
    All First Order commanders - idiots
    Hux - a megalomaniac fool who was only good at giving hateful speeches

Why is all that so? I will tell you right now. That is because modern feminism doesnt exist to help women get on the equal footing with men, because that was already achieved, at least in the western civilization. Modern feminism is aimed at emasculating men, blaming them for the wrongdoings of their forefathers, and elevating women as the better gender. So as a result all men are inferior and all women are superior. This is not a world where equality is the goal, this is a world where the goal is to force the males into submission.

I think not exactly. The new trilogy was no longer "new" as you say but in my opinion mostly because they just took The New Hope and remade it into The Force Awakens only that their main character was made to be OP and one dimentional. While Luke was much more relatable, because he was just a simple farmer who had to earn his stripes, learn his skills, in order to achieve something. He failed several times, he was not perfect from the start.

Rey, on the other hand, flew a starship for the first time when she boarded Millenium Falcon and she was a freaking ace! I guess she was not any worse than Poe Dameron the way she piloted the Falcon FOR THE FIRST FREAKING TIME IN HER LIFE! Later when Han and Chewie joined, she could fix the Falcon in a blink of an eye making Han, who knew that ship better than anyone else i suppose, looking like a fool. And then ofcourse she fought Kylo Ren - a guy who was trained for freaking YEARS by both Luke Skywalker and Snoke, and defeated him and that was HER FIRST TIME USING A LIGHTSABER! WTF is that? First time doing something genius? That is BS guys!

Then again look at all the main male characters, they are all failures in one way or another, lets see:

Luke - an old hermit who would rather go fishing and milking his sea monsters than try to help save the galaxy, who had a change of heart only to send his "hologram" instead go himself like a real leader should / SIC!
    Snoke - seemingly wise but still stupid enough to be killed WITHOUT ANY FIGHT, powerful enough to project Kylo to Rey across the galaxy but not to see his true intentions / SIC!
    Poe Dameron - a grown man with a mentality of a 13 year old kid, great flying skills but acting like a fool even when facing possible death (when captured for example), its one thing to be cocky and another to be acting a fool
    Finn - on one hand a traitor for the First Order, on the other hand a coward who would turn tail and run at any sight of the First Order, fought only at the end when there was no alternative
    All First Order commanders - idiots
    Hux - a megalomaniac fool who was only good at giving hateful speeches

Why is all that so? I will tell you right now. That is because modern feminism doesnt exist to help women get on the equal footing with men, because that was already achieved, at least in the western civilization. Modern feminism is aimed at emasculating men, blaming them for the wrongdoings of their forefathers, and elevating women as the better gender. So as a result all men are inferior and all women are superior. This is not a world where equality is the goal, this is a world where the goal is to force the males into submission.
    Amen.

And this is especially true in Sweden unfortunately.. I am the biggest antifeminist around.

- The Havamal

Just to add to Vladyvid's point, also the treatment they gave to Admiral Ackbar, who was killed without barely a mention, but Admiral Tumblrette was given all the focus in the world, even though she had never appeared in any movie before Last Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Just to add to Vladyvid's point, also the treatment they gave to Admiral Ackbar, who was killed without barely a mention, but Admiral Tumblrette was given all the focus in the world, even though she had never appeared in any movie before Last Jedi.
    True, basically all the alien species got cut more or less - i'd much rather have a Twilek female jedi than a human one - and at least instead of some korean girl.

Edit: Oh, and the name isn't "Admiral Tumblrette" or whatever - it's Admiral Gender Studies..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 17, 2018 at 09:39 PM.

- The Havamal

To lighten up this serious and a bit depressing mood we have here, its how the Last Jedi should have ended:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCB8DUGpYQQ

Best part is Admiral Ackbar going to the bathroom i think.

Lando Calrissian is pansexual. Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by markuis View Post
    Lando Calrissian is pansexual. Google it.
    Oh god a thing like that in the Star Wars world is wrong on so many levels .
    Basically they are telling us that Lando could be sexually attracted even by Robots, Wookiee, Hutts...and why not: Gungans and Ewoks too!

Basically no one cares what sexuality a sci-fi character has, or hasn't - but i don't see anything by Disney as canon, if it is of lesser quality than the EU counterpart.

Remember that George Lucas said to Kathleen that he would "move over this great treasury" (the EU) and then leave it to her and Disney to create great movies based on all that material.

- But instead Kathleen choose to pee all over Star Wars while tossing the EU into a trash can. - To be honest Disney's Star Wars is the trash and the EU is canon for all true fans.

- The Havamal

I have decided to NOT to go see the SOLO movie during its opening weekend.

And Kathleen Kennedy is a joke guys. I dont think she can keep in power for long while antagonizing the SW fanbase. She will have to go.

I watched Solo yesterday and...it was quite underwhelming in my opinion, especially if compared with Rogue one.
    And yes: aside from the Disney s like making the alien species more goofy than they actually need to be, they add femminist crap again.
    I'm not gonna spoil you anything but i will just say this: Lando actually have a robot with a female voice and sassy attitude...that fight for the civil rights of other robots....
    Nevertheless i found the movie still enjoyable in some points but...i can't help feeling like they forced completely unrelated arguments into the Star Wars saga all over again.
    Last edited by Zerg93; May 24, 2018 at 05:31 PM.

Im gonna watch it anyway, but after the opening weekend. Next week. Until then, i imagine i will spoil it for myself by watching some reviews but maybe i wont who knows... Still, yeah, that was to be expected with all that SJW bs, so i dont think that is a spoiler.

I have decided to NOT to go see the SOLO movie during its opening weekend.

And Kathleen Kennedy is a joke guys. I dont think she can keep in power for long while antagonizing the SW fanbase. She will have to go.
    A much thought out choice there man! I haven't seen it, and while i've heard it will give viewers the backstory of how Solo got the Falcon and stuff - it's still far from the backstory fans would've wanted. Han Solo in the original trilogy had lots of mercenaries and Jabba etc wanting to kill him - would have been more interesting to see the story of why they went after him i think.

Instead of a "Romance movie" - actually, i hate romance movies and actually fell asleep to Twilight 2. I've always loved Star Wars and it's not supposed to be a romance movie because if it was in the past i would've never liked them as well lol.

Unfortunately Kathleen is letting girls our age write the manus for the movies.. Now, if they'd led young men do it things would end up much better.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Zerg93 View Post
    I watched Solo yesterday and...it was quite underwhelming in my opinion, especially if compared with Rogue one.
    And yes: aside from the Disney s like making the alien species more goofy than they actually need to be, they add femminist crap again.
    I'm not gonna spoil you anything but i will just say this: Lando actually have a robot with a female voice and sassy attitude...that fight for the civil rights of other robots....
    Nevertheless i found the movie still enjoyable in some points but...i can't help feeling like they forced completely unrelated arguments into the Star Wars saga all over again.
    Yeah, i've heard it's not bad but not good neither.. An "okay" movie which is not what Star Wars movies should aim to be.

Aliens should be cool or sexy, not goofy - but when Disney or women are the ones behind the decisions they'd end up childish and/or goofy. With a man we'd get sexy female aliens (Twi'lek) or cool male aliens (those pigs in RotJ & the Rancor) - i'd guess the wrong people are behind the decisions now. And it's not unexpected the feminism and SJW's continue to plague the franchise - this will probably never end, but if Kathleen and her female writers are replaced at least we might get less of that and more of quality.

Star Wars was never for chics, and never for men - it's for the traditional boys. Even if the West do not want traditional boys anymore, the traditional boys of yesterday (us young men and true Star Wars fans) will not like the new Star Wars aimed at the younger generation - and the younger generation of boys will not like it neither, because they are probably sick and tired of all feminism in school and now Star Wars is infected by it as well.. Seems they can't breath fresh boyish air anywhere.

Lol, robots are supposed to be robots/droids and not have any feelings whatsoever. They are "programed" to behave the way they do.. Guess women don't even get that - it's like giving my computer a gender.

Yes, your final statement is the reason i've not seen it because that unrelated political content has to go..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 27, 2018 at 10:14 AM.

- The Havamal

Im gonna watch it anyway, but after the opening weekend. Next week. Until then, i imagine i will spoil it for myself by watching some reviews but maybe i wont who knows... Still, yeah, that was to be expected with all that SJW bs, so i dont think that is a spoiler.
    I've been following the reviews and news closely. Btw, i were in town yesterday and saw only posters of the female character under the name "SOLO" - typical modern having a movie about a man but still focusing the attention on the woman.

- The Havamal

Ive seen Solo, but from illegal streaming and i know i dont wanna go and pay to see it, i would even say i woudnt go to see it if it was free, maybe only if somebody paid me to see it!

In my opinion the movie is the worst of all disney SW movies. Jokes every few minutes make it feel like some B class action comedy. I was bored after half of the movie. Doesnt feel like a SW story for me at all. It should have been called SOLO: A Children Story. For real. I dont want to say more cause i dont want to spoil anything for people who are gonna watch it regardless, but personally after seeing it id say its nothing worth seeing. In my opinion it has NO SW VIBES AT ALL.

Even all the origin bits of Han Solo and the Millenium Falcon are rushed and you dont really get to have a good throwback moment anywhere in the movie. Also, as much as the main actor tries to be similar to young Ford, i think even with young Ford this movie would be equally .

So, i just didnt like it, it felt like watching some family movie pretending to have something to do with SW. Im glad i didnt pay for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast