Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars ruined by SJW crap thread - just for people like me who want to discuss the disaster!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Star Wars ruined by SJW crap thread - just for people like me who want to discuss the disaster!

Yeah, if you agree with me that Kathleen Kennedy is ruining Star Wars with her SJW and feminist crap write your opinions here.

- I am a true fan who could watch episode 6 many times the same day during my childhood (90's) - George Lucas sold it to Disney, and Kathleen Kennedy got the President-title of Lucasfilm. She is now doing her best to ruin everything good about Star Wars....
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 07, 2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Star Wars ruined by SJW crap thread - just for people like me who want to discuss the disaster!

I agree, and many others (across the world) do too, there is this SJW-PC agenda making the new Star Wars basicly a propaganda vehicle for deranged feminism, but i think there is not much that the fans can really do about it. This is a big social thing nowadays, and the SW was forced to be part of it.

I can see some people posting vids on youtube calling others to boycott the SW movies, like now to boycott SOLO movie.

My take on all that is, that this is just the times we have now, and things will change with time. Im thinking maybe in 5, 10 or 20, 40 years or i dunno when, but this current SJW agenda will sooner or later become a thing of the past cause everything ends one day or another, and i dont just mean as far as SW are concerned but in general, globally. I think until then, we probably cant really expect none of those oldschool SW vibes that so many (older) fans love and want, or just not much.

Personally, im gonna watch the SOLO movie during its opening weekend, cause im just a SW fan and i try to look past the SJW to simply get some entertainment for myself. Maybe at some point in the future, with new SW movies becoming more and more unbearable i will quit watching them, but i dont really see that happening too soon but maybe im wrong, only time will tell.

At the same time, the new generations, people who are teens now, early 20s, they mostly only know life as it is right now, and for many of them what we call SJW agenda may be just what they call reality or a normal/correct mode of thinking, though i dont really have friends that young so i cant really tell. I guess what im trying to say is that it is mostly up to the youth and the path they want to follow, that will pave the way for the future of SW. Older people will always only get older and times will always change and things will never be the same as they were, so i guess we can only hope that things will change to something like it used to be, but im sure its never gonna be like in the olden days. Never.

You can always watch the original trilogy tho, and personally im also a fan of the prequel trilogy so i do watch that too, from time to time, and i enjoy it each time.

May the force be with you, always.

Default Re: Star Wars ruined by SJW crap thread - just for people like me who want to discuss the disaster!

I feel like the new trilogy is terrible. At least we have the Clone Wars series which is superb. I think this SJW thing is still going to go on for a long time, and I don't think it will stop.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

I just like Star Wars mostly for the starships and space battles Which unfortunately the new movies have not much of. For example I really like the First Order ship designs, especially the Star Destroyers, and would love if the movies or series would focus more on the "Wars" aspect of "Star Wars" than "The adventures and misadventures of mystical space people with laser swords".

That said, the forced feminism in most modern movies and forms of entertainment is indeed sad to see when not done correctly, like some poorly voice acted role, it's just cringe inducing. When done properly it can actually be a breath of fresh air, taking the story to another level or adding layers of complexity, but most movies/games/etc can't do that without first rubbing in our faces the whole "see? see? strong women guys!", which just takes you out of the immersion immediately. Same applies with racial diversity, sometimes it just makes no sense whatsoever, like for example in that Hobbit movie where there were a bunch of black people amongst a crowd in Laketown, when going by the universe where it's set, it should be nearly impossible and a story almost as strange and interesting as that of the dragon itself . So it breaks your immersion and you immediately realize again that you are merely watching a movie, where they just threw those poor actors in there to fill up some nonsense quota or something, and it's just sad.

I think this happens a lot because most of these films/books/games are from American authors and companies, and since America has such a hugely diverse population, so globalized and a more cosmopolitan view of the world, they end up forcing their current socio-dynamics and political issues into every society across space and time (and imagination!).

What you are saying about forced diversity is true Sulfurion, but in Star Wars its ok to have it.

What irritates me the most in the new movies, besides the childish jokes like Poe Dameron acting like a 10 year old in that scene where he asks to talk to Hux, is all of the Mary Sue bs that they made Rey into. She doesnt have to learn anything, she just knows everything and is a beast from the get go. That is a farse to anyone with a bit of a brain.

It was established in the original trilogy that to learn how to use the force takes years and it just doesnt work like that in the Force Awakens. I have nothing against strong female protagonists but not a childish caricature of a protagonist. If it takes no effort to master the force powers, what does it say about all the ancient Jedi and Sith who studied the force for millenia? Its simply taking a massive dump on all that.

I think it gives a very wrong message too, that you dont have to learn anything and still be a master "because you are special", which is just a big fat LIE.

Its no acomplishment to know things innately, it just feels shalow and infantile. So the fact that Rey could defeat Kylo Ren in the Force Awakens, despite that being the first time she fought with a lightsaber is just... well, its just retarded. They wanted a strong female character - fine, they should have looked at characters like the bride in Kill Bill - thats the female character im rooting for, one who goes thru crazy hard times to finally come out on top, not a Mary Sue.

As for the starships and space battles, i sure like them too, but i always used to like the force users better, the Sith in particular, cause i dunno i jut like villains!

On that note, let me say what for me is the best thing to have come out of Star Wars since Disney takeover, and that is the ending scene of Rogue One with Darth Vader! Hmm, now im also wondering, why among all the guys he killed there, were no women? Not feministic enough for women to get slaughtered alongside men? Anyone can answer that?
    Last edited by Vladyvid; May 15, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markuis View Post
    I feel like the new trilogy is terrible.
    Yeah new trilogy is just meh, i would just watch the old movies over and over again instead.

At least we have the Clone Wars series which is superb
    Yeah...about that...i kinda like the prequel saga too...but there is just one little problem...this powerful Sith master right here !

In the end Disney is going to milk the Star wars universe to the bone, with or without feminist crap inside: you can rest assured about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    I agree, and many others (across the world) do too, there is this SJW-PC agenda making the new Star Wars basicly a propaganda vehicle for deranged feminism, but i think there is not much that the fans can really do about it. This is a big social thing nowadays, and the SW was forced to be part of it.

I can see some people posting vids on youtube calling others to boycott the SW movies, like now to boycott SOLO movie.

My take on all that is, that this is just the times we have now, and things will change with time. Im thinking maybe in 5, 10 or 20, 40 years or i dunno when, but this current SJW agenda will sooner or later become a thing of the past cause everything ends one day or another, and i dont just mean as far as SW are concerned but in general, globally. I think until then, we probably cant really expect none of those oldschool SW vibes that so many (older) fans love and want, or just not much.

Personally, im gonna watch the SOLO movie during its opening weekend, cause im just a SW fan and i try to look past the SJW to simply get some entertainment for myself. Maybe at some point in the future, with new SW movies becoming more and more unbearable i will quit watching them, but i dont really see that happening too soon but maybe im wrong, only time will tell.

At the same time, the new generations, people who are teens now, early 20s, they mostly only know life as it is right now, and for many of them what we call SJW agenda may be just what they call reality or a normal/correct mode of thinking, though i dont really have friends that young so i cant really tell. I guess what im trying to say is that it is mostly up to the youth and the path they want to follow, that will pave the way for the future of SW. Older people will always only get older and times will always change and things will never be the same as they were, so i guess we can only hope that things will change to something like it used to be, but im sure its never gonna be like in the olden days. Never.

You can always watch the original trilogy tho, and personally im also a fan of the prequel trilogy so i do watch that too, from time to time, and i enjoy it each time.

May the force be with you, always.
    Yes, exactly - while i do understand the need for Disney/Hollywood/Modern Companies to add some diversity and strong women, i still do not think there is any need to add political propaganda into movies and games. People watch these movies, or play games, - to escape the reality of our world and forget about real life issues for a while. This is especially true with games, but i believe as for children they like to forget about school or whatever and imagine a fantasy world that is different and exciting - hence why children read fantasy/Sci-Fi books - and Star wars is just a "Fantasy in Space". It's basically Lord of the Rings in Space.

Sith/Dark Wizard, Jedi Knight/Young Hero Knight, Jedi master/Good Wizard, Empire/Mordor (faction that wants to conquer the world for their dark leader), rebels/band of heroes (group/faction that wants to save the world from the dark faction).

Basically it's a fantasy set in space, and with modern weapons and gear - but with the lightsabers being the SW equivalent of the Fantasy-genre Swords. And Jedi Powers being the equivalent of Magic. - I don't think it is right to turn something like this into a "propaganda vehicle" for any political agendas, and the right thing would be to keep the political propaganda out of the movies and games. You are right about the fans not being able to do much about it.. And it's sad that the companies do listen to the loud-mouth feminists who doesn't even enjoy said games or movies. - They may enjoy the movies, but i am sure they don't even play all those games they force their feminism upon.

All in all i believe the real players should try to get their voices heard. Because i much enjoy oldschool stuff like hot women in the games, and do not enjoy fat women or ugly women taking the place of a sexy one. That said - the problem with Star Wars is that Kathleen Kennedy is feminist herself, and that this makes Star Wars an easy target for her fan-base of SJW's and feminists. As long as the SJW's and feminists are just loud-mouth fans they couldn't cause nearly as much trouble. But the Star Wars-issue is we have such a person being the new President.. That's why the genre seems doomed.

I have to say i would love strong women in the Star Wars movies, as long as they do not feel forced - they just need to make sure they feel genuine, believable, not invincible, not a Mary Sue, down to earth, weak and strong and not just strong - and especially the focus needs to be on their story and not on their gender. I used to play female characters in WoW and in Star Wars: KOTOR. The difference there is the focus is not on my characters gender - but on the story of the game, so while the character do evolve and go up in level, get new gear, earn new party-members, take many decisions changing the personality and looks etc - they never feel forced, invincible or like their only attribute is they are female.

That is the main problem with the SW new trilogy, and many other movies/TV-series as well - that the focus is solely on their gender, and that because of their gender they are invincible. That is not how to portray a strong woman.. If they want to portray a strong woman they need to start with her as a common or even weak character and build her up - so the viewers can follow her on her journey where she gets strong in the end or mid-term - but starting strong and being strong the entire flick is just meh. Even Luke were weak in the beginning, without any skills what so ever.
    - You don't become a master from the start because you are a woman, at least in my opinion that sucks..

About those Youtubers, yes - i did actually watch a lot of those videos before posting this thread. I were surprised that so many shared my views - and i felt the need to start the topic here after watching the videos. I do agree about boycotting the "Opening Weekend" because if Disney thinks the new trilogy is doing well, they won't revert it back to what was truly great. By ignoring the new movies they may go back to something better.

Unfortunately, i think things may get even WORSE in 5, 10 or 15 years - at least in my country Sweden they are indoctrinating children in genderless SJW feminazi ways. I sure do wish the younglings of todays Sweden will revolt when they become older - but if the Dark Side is triumphant we may have a society where the majority are SJW's.. Man, i do fear the future - the values taught to young people today are the opposite of the values my parents taught me. And i want those "conservative values" to be dominant. I guess i was born in the wrong era - with good values still being the thing during my childhood - but getting replaced by feminsim when i became a teen. And today 14 years later it's even worse - with Star Wars going down that ladder too.. In the past people could escape such things by watching a Star wars movie, or playing a SW game - now they are just as bad as society in general.
    You are probably right, until this era ends - we cannot expect the old ways of Star wars or anything else the feminists touch.. But - if we are unlucky the future will be worse than it already is.

After "The Last Jedi" i think the line was breached - i won't be watching Solo. Especially when i remember Han Solo is very masculine with rougish ways - i don't think the feminists will do such a masculine guy justice in 2018.. The actor may be good, or he may not be - but that doesn't matter when the directors are under Kathleen's orders to make it feminist..
    Most of the actors of TFA were good in the first movie, but i really disliked that JJ Abrams copied Episode 4 - he should have made it based on George Lucas original scripts - then it would have been a true Episode 7 with a unique new continuation of the Episode 6 story. Lucas mentioned "Darth Vader's Grandchildren" - now, just imagine if Rey were Luke's girl and named Kira Skywalker instead - and then had a brother named Skylar Skywalker - and we'd gotten to follow their story! With Luke being the Jedi Master training them, Han and Leia being a happy married couple with their own kids - and then the First Order could have been the Imperial Remnants instead..

I would have loved that - and i do think the actors could of been the same, but they would need a much better script from George Lucas himself for the movies to be any good. I mean, he created the original story and characters - the new generation need to have the same guy doing their story. I feel the new actors were robbed of the epicness that would have been George Lucas Episode 7 to 9. Without any connection to the old generation of heroes and villains, there won't be a good continuation of the story.

A continuation should have a connection between old and new - especially since Star wars was (Lucas's own words) "a family soup opera" - if you don't continue the story of the Skywalkers, it's not a good continuation - because nobody cares about anyone else as much. As for Han Solo he is going to be outshined by Emilia Clark i am sure.

Man, you sound like we are old men - we are just in our late 20's .. But i get your point, the future of Star Wars will hopefully be in the young generations hands - but removed from Kathleen Kennedy's hands.. The thing is, that young people do not necessarily want something different compared to what we wanted as kids and teenagers - i read about six year old boys who loved Star wars (they can also watch the old movies) being very disappointed with The Last Jedi - because "this wasn't Star wars", the boy was especially disappointed with the portrayal of Luke Skywalker - because he, like us, wanted to see Jedi Master Luke and not what we got..

Kathleen Kennedy and others are wrong about young people.. They think because we have new generations we'd need a new Star Wars - but the fact is the new boys love the old Star Wars just as much as the old generations did. And they won't like the new Star Wars if they ever watch the old.

Like you - i loved both the original trilogy and the prequels. Episode 6 were my favourite as a kid, while as a grown-up and young adult i prefered Episode 5. The third best film as a kid, and the second best film as a young adult - were Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. While i did enjoy Episode 1 as a ten year old in 1999 - i do not enjoy it since growing up. The only exception being the battle at the end with Darth Maul.

Yeah, if the SJW Star Wars continues, people will not count the Disney SW as canon - and will only care about the old movies and the Legends stuff.

May the Force (and it isn't female lol) be with you too, always.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 15, 2018 at 05:22 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

You give me a lot to read man, but ok i can take it Anyway on the note of boycotting Disney, i think its worth remembering that most of the money that Disney makes on SW is in the toys industry, minifigs and all that. So, in order to really boycott their new characters, fans should stop buying the new toys. However, i think that would be even more difficult than boycotting the films. I dont have any revolutionary flame in me to try to press Disney, so im not even gonna try to do any boycotting, i just think my voice doesnt really matter and theres so much other stuff i can do other than trying to save SW. Still, i understand those that do intend to boycott the Solo movie or anything SW related, and i do hope that they can make some change. Money talks, so if there would a significant impact on the Disney's profits, things could take a different direction.

Hah, a ridiculous idea just popped into my head but whatever I'll say it, what if one day we wake up and there is no more K.Kennedy ruining the SW just like one day i learned that C3-PO leg always used to be silver in the New Hope and Darth Vader never said "Luke, I am your father" eventhough i know for a fact that both are wrong, what if the Mandela effect saves the franchise, LOL! Who knows, woudnt that be something!

Ma, you sound like we are old men - we are just in our late 20's
    Haha, yeah good for you but im 36 and being young feels like a thing of the past right now. LOL! I only like to think i look younger than most of my peers!

You give me a lot to read man, but ok i can take it Anyway on the note of boycotting Disney, i think its worth remembering that most of the money that Disney makes on SW is in the toys industry, minifigs and all that. So, in order to really boycott their new characters, fans should stop buying the new toys. However, i think that would be even more difficult than boycotting the films. I dont have any revolutionary flame in me to try to press Disney, so im not even gonna try to do any boycotting, i just think my voice doesnt really matter and theres so much other stuff i can do other than trying to save SW. Still, i understand those that do intend to boycott the Solo movie or anything SW related, and i do hope that they can make some change. Money talks, so if there would a significant impact on the Disney's profits, things could take a different direction.

Hah, a ridiculous idea just popped into my head but whatever I'll say it, what if one day we wake up and there is no more K.Kennedy ruining the SW just like one day i learned that C3-PO leg always used to be silver in the New Hope and Darth Vader never said "Luke, I am your father" eventhough i know for a fact that both are wrong, what if the Mandela effect saves the franchise, LOL! Who knows, woudnt that be something!

Haha, yeah good for you but im 36 and being young feels like a thing of the past right now. LOL! I only like to think i look younger than most of my peers!
    I see your point totally, and you are right that we do not have a voice - only if enough people would boycott SW it may hurt Disney enough for them to go back and hopefully replace Kathleen with George Lucas himself - the only man for the job.

About toys you'd not need to worry. Nobody wants to buy toys of the feminist-inspired new characters. That is why that korean character had almost all her toys untouched in many stores. However - people will certainly buy toys of Vader.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by markuis View Post
    I feel like the new trilogy is terrible. At least we have the Clone Wars series which is superb. I think this SJW thing is still going to go on for a long time, and I don't think it will stop.
    Agreed. Is the Clone Wars worth the watch, seeing as how Disney cancelled the series the first thing they did after buying LucasFilm?

I do think the style is superior in the Clone Wars compared to the more childish looks of the SW Rebels - but i've also heard the SW Rebels is good quality?

I am sad the Live Action Game of Thrones-styled Star Wars series never aired. Lucas should have released it before selling.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    I just like Star Wars mostly for the starships and space battles Which unfortunately the new movies have not much of. For example I really like the First Order ship designs, especially the Star Destroyers, and would love if the movies or series would focus more on the "Wars" aspect of "Star Wars" than "The adventures and misadventures of mystical space people with laser swords".

That said, the forced feminism in most modern movies and forms of entertainment is indeed sad to see when not done correctly, like some poorly voice acted role, it's just cringe inducing. When done properly it can actually be a breath of fresh air, taking the story to another level or adding layers of complexity, but most movies/games/etc can't do that without first rubbing in our faces the whole "see? see? strong women guys!", which just takes you out of the immersion immediately. Same applies with racial diversity, sometimes it just makes no sense whatsoever, like for example in that Hobbit movie where there were a bunch of black people amongst a crowd in Laketown, when going by the universe where it's set, it should be nearly impossible and a story almost as strange and interesting as that of the dragon itself . So it breaks your immersion and you immediately realize again that you are merely watching a movie, where they just threw those poor actors in there to fill up some nonsense quota or something, and it's just sad.

I think this happens a lot because most of these films/books/games are from American authors and companies, and since America has such a hugely diverse population, so globalized and a more cosmopolitan view of the world, they end up forcing their current socio-dynamics and political issues into every society across space and time (and imagination!).
    Ah man, then we are the opposite type of SW fan - i did always love the Jedi/Sith/Force stuff about Star wars, and my favourite part were always Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Yoda and the lightsaber battles. The lightsaber duels were the best parts in my opinion when watching the movies. I thought therefore that Episode 4 was the worst out of the three original SW films - because Obi-Wan didn't really give Vader much of a fight. The best fight would be the Vader VS Luke on Lando's planet.

That said, i have to agree with you that the Star Destroyers are pretty darn cool.

About feminism i agree completely. It feels like it's forced down our throats and that isn't good for the overall experience. As for the Hobbit-movies they did some bad choices - besides the overuse of CGI, they did also have dwarves without beards and i don't agree with that (all of them should look like Gimli) seeing as the beard is what makes the Dwarf, they had a love-relationship between an unbearded dwarf and an elf (and i think Legolas and the Elf were better suited) and i am not positive of this neither because it felt like forced race-mixing just for the sake of race-mixing - Elves and Dwarves are not fond of each others in the books. Many stupid decisions like that in those movies - where the LotR trilogy were more spot-on with the books and used great quality over CGI. It's really sad, you never got the feeling that it was amazing when they used lots of CGI effects - and those PC moments destroy the immersion as you say.

I don't think the problem is they are American, i think the problem is that they do things differently in todays America - they should look at the LotR trilogy and try to do things like they did back then. And especially, keep the politics out of the movies - that is what George Lucas did in the original trilogy - and in the prequel trilogy it was politics as a part of the story which is fine by me - but not politics as in "trying to make the viewer into a feminist" because that just makes me react in the opposite way.

Hollywood used to be the best at movies.. But now their political agenda is in the way of that high rating. And the overuse of CGI makes all the new movies look worse than what came out in 1999-2001 (LotR).
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 15, 2018 at 06:02 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Agreed. Is the Clone Wars worth the watch, seeing as how Disney cancelled the series the first thing they did after buying LucasFilm?

I do think the style is superior in the Clone Wars compared to the more childish looks of the SW Rebels - but i've also heard the SW Rebels is good quality?

I am sad the Live Action Game of Thrones-styled Star Wars series never aired. Lucas should have released it before selling.
    Clone Wars is an excellent series that greatly expands upon the Prequels. You'll never look at them the same way, especially Revenge of the Sith.

Rebels starts out weak, and quite childish, but grows to be very decent towards the end, has some really cool scenes and characters, but overall it's inferior to Clone Wars. Mind you that Clone Wars also starts out a bit weird and childish at some points, but it grows a lot very quickly.

Btw, they are going to make a live-action Star Wars series, set 7 years after the Return of the Jedi, looking to be one of the most expensive series ever made apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Clone Wars is an excellent series that greatly expands upon the Prequels. You'll never look at them the same way, especially Revenge of the Sith.

Rebels starts out weak, and quite childish, but grows to be very decent towards the end, has some really cool scenes and characters, but overall it's inferior to Clone Wars. Mind you that Clone Wars also starts out a bit weird and childish at some points, but it grows a lot very quickly.

Btw, they are going to make a live-action Star Wars series, set 7 years after the Return of the Jedi, looking to be one of the most expensive series ever made apparently.
    Thanks for the info, i actually have some Clone Wars episodes i got in 2010 but only watched like two episodes - i have maybe two seasons.

About the live-action - i feel Disney and Kathleen will make it in the same spirit as the new movies.. It won't be any good.. Sorry for my negative opinions.. But - i wanted those fifty hours of show-material placed in-between episode 3 and 4 as a TV-series aimed at young adults.

The new TV-series is most likely aimed at kids, or women - and not the right fan-base.

- The Havamal

What you are saying about forced diversity is true Sulfurion, but in Star Wars its ok to have it.

What irritates me the most in the new movies, besides the childish jokes like Poe Dameron acting like a 10 year old in that scene where he asks to talk to Hux, is all of the Mary Sue bs that they made Rey into. She doesnt have to learn anything, she just knows everything and is a beast from the get go. That is a farse to anyone with a bit of a brain.

It was established in the original trilogy that to learn how to use the force takes years and it just doesnt work like that in the Force Awakens. I have nothing against strong female protagonists but not a childish caricature of a protagonist. If it takes no effort to master the force powers, what does it say about all the ancient Jedi and Sith who studied the force for millenia? Its simply taking a massive dump on all that.

I think it gives a very wrong message too, that you dont have to learn anything and still be a master "because you are special", which is just a big fat LIE.

Its no acomplishment to know things innately, it just feels shalow and infantile. So the fact that Rey could defeat Kylo Ren in the Force Awakens, despite that being the first time she fought with a lightsaber is just... well, its just retarded. They wanted a strong female character - fine, they should have looked at characters like the bride in Kill Bill - thats the female character im rooting for, one who goes thru crazy hard times to finally come out on top, not a Mary Sue.

As for the starships and space battles, i sure like them too, but i always used to like the force users better, the Sith in particular, cause i dunno i jut like villains!

On that note, let me say what for me is the best thing to have come out of Star Wars since Disney takeover, and that is the ending scene of Rogue One with Darth Vader! Hmm, now im also wondering, why among all the guys he killed there, were no women? Not feministic enough for women to get slaughtered alongside men? Anyone can answer that?
    I agree with all your "Mary Sue" points.

And yes, i did love the Darth Vader scene in Rouge One - that was something i'd wanted to see ever since i was a kid. Vader going bananas against rebels (or Jedi) - actually in the old comics he did hunt Jedi Knights including female jedi's - i had some of those comics. I wanted to see him hunt Jedi's on the big screen. But unfortunately Episode 3 ended without any action for Darth Vader.

- The new Live Action would have been in the right timeline, but wouldn't have had Vader as the focus - so the director of Rouge One did us all a big service. Also, i loved the music of that scene and all about it - starting with Jynn and that male good-guy having finished their mission to retrieve the notes about the Deathstar or whatever.

The main difference in Rouge One is that it for one had an actual good story, second it was set in a better timeline where the Empire and Vader were still around - and third it had Vader/Tarkin cameos. But most importantly the director got a few minutes at his disposal with a Vader-cameo - and he used it in the best way possible. And managed to save Darth Vader from feminazation.

- To be honest i believe Vader, Stormtroopers, Palpatine and the Empire were in fact the best parts of Star Wars. Most guys love the Dark Side and the Empire i think.

Edit: The feminism/SJW stuff in Rouge One weren't as bad as in TLJ due to the good story and epic Vader scene at the end - which were aimed at the real fans of SW.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 15, 2018 at 06:42 PM.

- The Havamal

I really liked Rogue One too!
    "You understand that something is really wrong with a movie series when you like way more a direct spin-off rather than a main episode".

Centenarius

I have to say i liked Rogue One, mainly because of the story and the connections with the original trilogy.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Maybe Im going a bit off-topic here, but anyway...

What im really waiting for as far as Star Wars franchise goes is the Obi Wan Kenobi movie with Ewan McGregor. He stated on many occassions that he would like to be part of it, if he was offered the role, and i really cant imagine anyone else, especially considering that the actor's age would fit very well with the timeline.

Otherwise, there are all those Old Republic stories that i would also prefer to see more than the current trilogy. I dont really like the idea of the First Order, Snoke, the Knights of Ren. Anyone else who would like to see the story of Revan, or Bane, or maybe even the ancient times like Marka Ragnos and the subsequent rivalry between Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh?

I guess thats probably not going to happen anyway, but thats what i would really like to see. I would even prefer stories of the prequel timeline more than this new timeline, like maybe how Yoda became the Grandmaster or something like that. Only that would lack strong conflict of Jedi vs Sith, so in that respect i believe the story of Revan would be the best, because the ancient sith are probably too obscure lore for mainstream audience.

Maybe Im going a bit off-topic here, but anyway...

What im really waiting for as far as Star Wars franchise goes is the Obi Wan Kenobi movie with Ewan McGregor. He stated on many occassions that he would like to be part of it, if he was offered the role, and i really cant imagine anyone else, especially considering that the actor's age would fit very well with the timeline.
    I would surely watch it, i really liked Ewan McGregor in Obi Wan Kenobi's role, even the younger version in the Phantom menace (i also really liked Qui-Gon-Jinn, i would be so hyped for a movie about him!).
    But if they are going to do this movie they have to be really careful and respectful in my opinion.
    A movie like this one shall not be only a tribute to the Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan: it must be a tribute to Alec Guinness too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9j7kLG7VK8
    Last edited by Zerg93; May 17, 2018 at 06:02 AM.

In case someone wants to watch the Clone Wars series keep in mind that the episodes aren't in order. You can still watch it the way they are numbered but it's possible to find the real order.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast