Thread: Norman Campaign Mod

Default Norman Campaign Mod

Replaces mid-late game unit roster and color scheme of Wessex and Mercia to that of the Normans for those who prefer their style. Also adds longbows and crossbows to late era English factions as well for a decidedly more medieval flavoring. My eventual goal is to swap over one of the southern coastal factions over entirely to a Norman/Anglo mixed roster but for now this is what I've got

normans_v6.zip

Last edited by Ryan Industries; May 07, 2018 at 08:29 AM.
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Default Re: Norman Campaign Mod

Excellent mod! can't wait to have a full Norman faction.

Thanks for the mod.
    2 questions of what this mod is compatible with my backup is have you change my factions for the normans.
    Thank you.

.Merci pour le mod.
    2 questions de es ce que ce mod est compatible avec ma sauvegarde est avez vous changer un mon de factions pour celui des normands.
    Merci

Hey there! If I understand your question correctly it should be save game compatible, it'll just swap out the english units with their norman coutnerparts.
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    -Andrew Ryan

Ha slim too bad hoping that a moddeur do it on the workshop.
    Anyway thank you for your units continue as his.

This is an awesome mod! Any chance of adding the Norse units to the Viking Sea Kings or the Great Heathen Army?

Possibly! The way I'm modding it just basically takes the unit that the campaign looks up and swaps it for another. So theoretically you could just swap the higher tier infantry for whatever the top tier infatry on the great heathen army uses. It's only one table (main_unit_table)
    -Andrew Ryan

Is it possible if you reskin Wessex and Mercia to look just like the Normans and not actually adding the units from the Norman Roster?

Not yet, I'm a pretty amateur modder and this seems the best I can do without proper mod tools.
    -Andrew Ryan