Thread: France in ROTR

Icon3 France in ROTR

Hello there,

just wanted to talk about a few points you've most probably taken into consideration but I haven't found the thread/threads where you mention it so I decided to make my own on it.

As the title says, would like to ask a few questions related to France in the ROTR edition;

1) Units - I saw there are some units in custom battles available for Republican France but can't be recruited (such as Chausser a cheval, Grenadiers of the Convention (horse ones), horse artillery (which I saw there was a tech. included in the campaign and I'm guessing is Artillery a Cheval but there is nothing under its description), Noir line infantry, and not being, for some odd reason, able to recruit National guard (as in militia) on the main campaign...)

2) Not being able to recruit in Nort America/the new world (haven't tried India yet) - not sure if you've made it on purpose but not currently able to recruit any unit except with the light infantry but only later in the building tiers which is a bit meh :/

3) French Hussars - I know they're historically accurate but I just can't go with the fact that Rev. France has black hussars; they just remind me too much of the Prussian ones... I would suggest putting another variant just for the sake of it/something similar to the chausser a cheval ones but acting as hussars or something like this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/4f...664d4551a7.jpg

4) Last but currently not least - I know this is asking a bit too much and might not be even possible, but I can always ask... Would it be possible to either have an event or as another condition to be able to get Napoleon as the Consul for like, 50 turns or to get the nobles/middle class angry so they make a revolution again and get Napoleon as the head of State so have a similar government to Monarchy but to be an Empire?... :33

In any case, great mod and can't wait to see more of it

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: France in ROTR

1. I'll look into this. Did you builid up your military buildings?

2. Again I'll check this.

3. Honestly this is a minor issue, we might change it in the future but for now it will stay as it is because I think we should concentrate on adding units to not yet reworked questions.

4. Actually Napoleon could be monarch after a successful counter-revolution. I like this idea! This will might be part of the next release

Thanks for your reports and suggestion

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop