Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warcraft Discussion Thread

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Warcraft Discussion Thread

About the Warcraft movie, i guess i have to say i really loved it! I want more warcraft movies!

For the Horde!

About the Warcraft movie, i guess i have to say i really loved it! I want more warcraft movies!

For the Horde!
    Totally with you about that .
    But whenever i thought about possible sequels situation looks kinda grim to me...
    I mean: how do you make a Warcraft 2 with Stormwind unscratched and Blackhand killed by Lothar?
    The fall of Stormwind and the sudden change of the Old Horde's leadership from Blackhand to Doomhammer are two Core moments of the Warcraft Lore that will lead the world of Azeroth from the first war to the second one.
    And even if they change a little bit all of that with movie shenanigans they still have to sum up the story between Alliance and Horde in about two hours...and they have to decide if they are going to throw in the Beyond the dark portal story or ignore it with other shenanigans too.
    Now, assuming that after all of that Warcraft 2 was able to make a solid box office they have to deal with Warcraft 3 which in terms of Lore is big, too much big for just a two hours run.
    Especially if they split the story between the main 4 factions.
    At this point, even with movie shenanigans, they have to split the movie in two parts and then decide if they want to rush the Frozen Throne in the second part or make another movie just for Frozen Throne.
    Not impossible by any means but very very very messy in my opinion .
    Last edited by Zerg93; May 15, 2018 at 02:48 PM.

I don't think there will ever be a Warcraft 2 Movie, because just days ago there was announced a big auction to sell away a lot of the costumes, armors, etc of the first movie. This coupled with the lack of any news or interest from the part of anyone doesn't bode well at all. Anyway, like some people have said, even if they made a sequel, it would just be a mess in terms of lore, and as the story advanced, it would just get worse. Eventually you'd end up like the latest seasons of Game of Thrones, were half the characters don't exist, the other half were killed for budget/shock value reasons, and you get a mess of a narrative filled with plot holes and incoherent characters that barely resembles it's original source.
    Last edited by Sulfurion Blackfyre; May 16, 2018 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    I don't think there will ever be a Warcraft 2 Movie, because just days ago there was announced a big auction to sell away a lot of the costumes, armors, etc of the first movie. This coupled with the lack of any news or interest from the part of anyone doesn't bode well at all. Anyway, like some people have said, even if they made a sequel, it would just be a mess in terms of lore, and as the story advanced, it would just get worse. Eventually you'd end up like the latest seasons of Game of Thrones, were half the characters don't exist, the other half were killed for budget/shock value reasons, and you get a mess of a narrative filled with plot holes and incoherent characters that barely resembers it's original source.
    I think the same, a film wouldn't do. I'd prefer a series where we can enjoy the characters for a bit longer, and where the producers have plenty of time to explain the lore and how things work. But this seems highly unlikely.

I think the same, a film wouldn't do. I'd prefer a series where we can enjoy the characters for a bit longer, and where the producers have plenty of time to explain the lore and how things work. But this seems highly unlikely.
    Yeah, a tv show is really a good idea but for now, like you said above, is highly unlikely.
    But who knows?Maybe if the Lord of the ring tv adaptation is going to be a success they could try the same for other fantasy worlds...like Warcraft !

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

There it is.
    https://us.propstoreauction.com/view...id/129/?page=3

They really gave up for another warcraft movie.

"Amazon Studios will produce the series in co-operation with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, book publishers HarperCollins, and New Line Cinema (a division of Warner Bros., which made the original Oscar-winning movies with Peter Jackson). The studios will allocate a reported $1bn budget for the show – the biggest in television history."

Do you think we are in good hands?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by markuis View Post
    "Amazon Studios will produce the series in co-operation with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, book publishers HarperCollins, and New Line Cinema (a division of Warner Bros., which made the original Oscar-winning movies with Peter Jackson). The studios will allocate a reported $1bn budget for the show – the biggest in television history."

Tolkien?

Sounds like non-warcraft.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    There it is.
    https://us.propstoreauction.com/view...id/129/?page=3

They really gave up for another warcraft movie.
    There are still some optimists in a bunch of forums...

Rankkor2 giorni fa (Patch 7.3.5)SegnalaCitazioneRispondi
    Kaiteir ha detto: Guess this means they are officially not making more warcraft movies. =/
    "Not necessarily. It could simply mean that the future movies wont take place in stormwind anymore, so these props are not needed anymore. If they do a timeskip for the sequel, then stormwind is rubble, and the action takes place far off to the north in Lordaeron. Meaning all this stuff from stormwind wouldn't be used again.

Notice how there's hardly any horde props for sale, likely because since the horde is still heavily involved in the second war (Unlike stormwind), then those props would still be needed."

...but i think that they definitely gave up too .

Dunno about that.
    Honestly it could be the best series ever done or just a big hollywoodian mess, i guess we'll know that for sure only when it will be released.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

The first movie was dissapointing, timeskipping to lose the shame in the warcraft past might do for an Arthas movie. Stormwind props can be re-worked into Lordaeron one for less money.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Anyone here who plays or used to play WoW? I played it from 2007 to 2012, then quit and its over for me. 4 years of leading a Horde rp guild was a great time but all things must end. I lost my interest and didnt have time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Anyone here who plays or used to play WoW? I played it from 2007 to 2012, then quit and its over for me. 4 years of leading a Horde rp guild was a great time but all things must end. I lost my interest and didnt have time for it.
    I think everybody here has played WoW.

I played it 2004-2008.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Played back in 2014-2015, it was really fun but i ended up leaving it for the same reasons.
    Last edited by Zerg93; May 17, 2018 at 06:15 AM.

Still play it, but very casually. Don't really bother to raid or PVP or anything like that though. Legion was probably the best expansion since Wrath of the Lich King, especially after the absolute wreck that was Warlords of Draenor. Honestly, after Cataclysm (which changed the game too much in my opinion), Mists of Pandaria (which I personally enjoyed a lot but was very divisive otherwise) and Warlords (no comment), it's no wonder that so many people stopped playing.

Looking forward to Battle of Azeroth.

Everytime I open the mod I want to play WoW again. But it wouldn't be that fun without my friends playing it too. So bad that many of them didn't have the patience required to level their PJs and would rather play more intense games, like LoL or CS go.

Everytime I open the mod I want to play WoW again. But it wouldn't be that fun without my friends playing it too. So bad that many of them didn't have the patience required to level their PJs and would rather play more intense games, like LoL or CS go.
    True. I stoped playing mid WotLK due to loss of interest - kinda regret not finishing it as i have the Collector's Edition of Wrath of the Lich King - got a Frosty-pet as well, which is a small Frost Wyrm. I tried to restart in 2016 in Warlords of Draenor and managed to restore my account which had been stolen - by giving Blizzard info.

In any case, game never was as fun as in 2004 when all my 7th class friends also played it. Later they would level up far past my level and play PVP stuff which i disliked - and so, i would find international friends to play with. Those friendships never lasted post-WoW though.

Also, used to have my father pay for it with his card every month. Now times have changed.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 17, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

- The Havamal

I have some other questions about the Troll Lore.
    Which is the most ferocious Tribe?
    Is there a Tribe particularly renowned for using poisoned weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerg93 View Post
    I have some other questions about the Troll Lore.
    Which is the most ferocious Tribe?
    Is there a Tribe particularly renowned for using poisoned weapons?
    You could read the wowikimedia or whatever and not be lazy.

I would guess the Djungle Trolls/Aztecs would be into poison.

The Drakkari is the strongest tribe because they are Only big trolls.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    You could read the wowikimedia or whatever and not be lazy.

I would guess the Djungle Trolls/Aztecs would be into poison.

The Drakkari is the strongest tribe because they are Only big trolls.
    Or you could just answer him properly instead. Or if you don't want to, leave it to someone else to answer.

Anyway, Drakkari are indeed considered the most ferocious and physically stronger, but weren't the strongest tribe in terms of numbers or actual military might, that goes to the Gurubashi/Amani (not sure which to be honest)

About poison, I don't think any trolls are famous for using poison, they use voodoo and other stuff instead, but like Mr_Nygren said it's easy to imagine the jungle trolls in particular having access to it, being surrounded by all sorts of vegetation and so on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast