Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Information] Mod Links, Team, & Credits

Default Re: Crucible of Kings

And is there any way to make a mod which can banish an unwanted general? I usually send them to suicide in a battle field. But it is time consuming and really bother. I just want to roll a useful trait without dealing a tons of storage of generals.

Going to repost this here since I think it will get more meaningful discussion. My steam alter-ego is revealed! Not that I ever post here anyway.

I feel like you guys are seeing minor settlements the wrong way. In previous TWs, minor settlements still covered large areas of the map. They were pretty large all in all. But in this game, minor settlements are basically villages. This is reflected in the size of the maps, where they appear as small villages compared to the towns in Atilla and R2. It doesn't make sense to guard these settlements with any number of men. Having garrisons protect minor settlements in this game would be like if resource nodes in Shogun II had garrisons.

I feel like "Atillafying" this game while it may make sense at first, upon further inspection I think it simply isn't the answer. Rather than getting rid of the wartime region trading making it so PO maluses aren't so bad would be a better option. We as players have to get less annoyed at the loss of minor settlements in this game too, as it isn't as big a deal as it is in Rome 2/Atilla/Warhammer. This is why I think many people don't like the system in game as they haven't realized this yet.

Super excited for this mod still btw, you have never dissapointed so even with garrisons I am sure I will still love it. And in retrospect I suppose I do sort of understand the idea behind preventing one unit armies from storming you. But still.
    Last edited by captainkrunch; May 12, 2018 at 07:20 AM.

Hello. Thx. for the MOD !

One idea (maybe outdated)
    can Wessex and Mercia set each other's rivals? rather than friendly . I dont play english faction yet, but i dont seen war between Wess. and Merc. Maybe would be a bit more fluid campaign each other .

Quote Originally Posted by Lance49 View Post
    Two feedback:

1. javelin might be too powerful compared to bow in the current version. If it shoots from enemy's back, enemy will be crashed literally in a second. I do not know whether this battle style is designed intentionally, or it is just unbalanced.

2. AI seems does not understand how supply system works. For example, I have seen that AI move their armies to attack an adjacent province. But after few turns, they all get back because they run out of supply. Annoyingly, AI will do this loop and never stop until something distracts them.
    Yeah archers are a bit underpowered right now I think. We may be increasing their ammo. In terms of the AI and supply, thats a vanilla mechanic so you can thank CA for not programming an AI to understand their own mechanic.

Its ironic because we made a supply system in DeI that the AI doesnt fully understand either. But we are modders...and they actually made the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Lance49 View Post
    And is there any way to make a mod which can banish an unwanted general? I usually send them to suicide in a battle field. But it is time consuming and really bother. I just want to roll a useful trait without dealing a tons of storage of generals.
    Not that I know of. You can assassinate them.

Quote Originally Posted by captainkrunch View Post
    Going to repost this here since I think it will get more meaningful discussion. My steam alter-ego is revealed! Not that I ever post here anyway.

I feel like you guys are seeing minor settlements the wrong way. In previous TWs, minor settlements still covered large areas of the map. They were pretty large all in all. But in this game, minor settlements are basically villages. This is reflected in the size of the maps, where they appear as small villages compared to the towns in Atilla and R2. It doesn't make sense to guard these settlements with any number of men. Having garrisons protect minor settlements in this game would be like if resource nodes in Shogun II had garrisons.

I feel like "Atillafying" this game while it may make sense at first, upon further inspection I think it simply isn't the answer. Rather than getting rid of the wartime region trading making it so PO maluses aren't so bad would be a better option. We as players have to get less annoyed at the loss of minor settlements in this game too, as it isn't as big a deal as it is in Rome 2/Atilla/Warhammer. This is why I think many people don't like the system in game as they haven't realized this yet.

Super excited for this mod still btw, you have never dissapointed so even with garrisons I am sure I will still love it. And in retrospect I suppose I do sort of understand the idea behind preventing one unit armies from storming you. But still.
    The minor garrisons seems to be a controversial topic I may release a submod that removes them. A lot of people love them and a lot of people hate them. I think having 1 unit (+1 per level) is a good compromise.

I see the regions as villages and groups of communities who could band together as peasants with some basic spears and try to defend their homes. The units are levy tier only and are small groupings. Its mainly to prevent 1 general from going deep into territory, taking 1 village, and recruiting a full stack. We may have other ideas on how to help with the recruitment situation, but this was the easiest to do for now - this is an early WIP after all. I actually really like the recruitment system as a whole, but I don't like that you can recruit unlimited units anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Hello. Thx. for the MOD !

One idea (maybe outdated)
    can Wessex and Mercia set each other's rivals? rather than friendly . I dont play english faction yet, but i dont seen war between Wess. and Merc. Maybe would be a bit more fluid campaign each other .
    I think they are supposed to be sort of friendly rivals to start historically. But I agree it would be good to see them fighting later.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

New submod

No Minor Town Garrisons - Standalone -- Steam -- removes minor town garrison units.

----

Also the illustrious master of knowledge Magnar will be joining up to help contribute some ideas and other things he is working on!

The Dream Team !

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    New submod

No Minor Town Garrisons - Standalone -- Steam -- removes minor town garrison units.

----

Also the illustrious master of knowledge Magnar will be joining up to help contribute some ideas and other things he is working on!
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Hello,

very happy to see this mod startin to take shape. also very happy to see CA acknowledge the base game is ridiculously easy and that they are taking steps to address this.

ive just played a few turns with this mod and the first thing i noticed was that the village garrisons may be causing the AI some issues. ive seen the AI suicide single unit armies against garrisons with no hope of victory which isnt good.

this is prob an AI issue caused by the game itself but thought id mention it anyway.

I really bounced off this game and haven't really managed to find a satisfying time in it after trying about 4 times now, the closest I've found is Dyflin who at least have a decent starting position for some fun aggressive play.

Hopefully you guys can make it good.

Also kinda agreeing with the garrison comments, at first I wanted them but the game isn't really set up for them and they don't really add much to the experience.
    I get what Dresden is saying about preventing a single general sniping territories though, that is pretty stupid.

Eh, its a weird one, I appreciate they tried a lot of new stuff but I feel like the classic CA calling card is adding a bunch of new mechanics and never actually figuring out what they all add up to when playing the game.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

I think there is no need garrison. The goal is to make cities more important and realistic. Be careful and protect villages. I never had an ennemi general taking all my lands. Submod perfect.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

I am not 100% sold on the garrisons but for now its a way to manage the minor town system and circumvent some of the issues it creates with the new recruitment system. The submod is there for those who prefer to play without the garrisons.

I think the latest changes I made to the AI should improve a lot of the issues that were happening with them and the garrisons. I think the 1 unit per level is working okay, if you invest in a village and grow it then it should have some people there with at least levy tools to show up sometimes in defense. There is no growth system in this game (or population or culture system for that matter) so some of it has to be left up to the imagination.

Updated
    - Decreased reload time of bows and increased ammunition amount.
    - Levy bows and normal bows now have some stat differences, lowered differences between javelin types.
    - Altered some CAI behaviors to lower chance of some suicidal type attacks.
    - Small decrease to follower priest loyalty bonus, some champion bonuses and quartermaster upkeep bonus.
    - Increased pillager follower supply impact on enemies, added small public order bonus to bard follower for governors.
    - Follower bonuses are now more spread out over the different levels.
    - Lowered unit experience stat modifiers to better match our lower stat system.
    - Increased movement for troops at sea (navies).

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Updated
    - Increased movement for troops at sea (navies).
    What do you think about even higher sea movement multiplier for viking sea kings? Seafaring is kinda their gig

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Im not seeing any naval moving further than before. Dont think the changes to the ground_type work in thrones, as in atilla.
    The pictures below is with and without crucible of kings, no difference in naval movement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Without crucible.jpg   With crucible.jpg  
    Last edited by Sixt; May 15, 2018 at 05:22 AM.

Senator

Just saw this modding project. Perhaps it will make me buy the game then. Do you think about changing the unit cards and portraits, too? I sadly don't like the 2d art in the game, just like in Rome 2.

The minor garrisons seems to be a controversial topic I may release a submod that removes them. A lot of people love them and a lot of people hate them. I think having 1 unit (+1 per level) is a good compromise.

I see the regions as villages and groups of communities who could band together as peasants with some basic spears and try to defend their homes. The units are levy tier only and are small groupings. Its mainly to prevent 1 general from going deep into territory, taking 1 village, and recruiting a full stack. We may have other ideas on how to help with the recruitment situation, but this was the easiest to do for now - this is an early WIP after all. I actually really like the recruitment system as a whole, but I don't like that you can recruit unlimited units anywhere.

This is a quite realistical approach. In the early medieval period, before the intensification of the feudal system, militia levies acting by themselves were not an exception. You quite often read about local peasants banding together to fight raiding vikings for example.

But maybe the game is not made for small settlement garrisons. Could it be scripted that lonely units couldn't conquer settlements, like some stances work in DeI only with some units in addition to the general? So that the AI had to recruit before attacking and could not use only generals magically appearing? Then garrisons might no longer be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    Im not seeing any naval moving further than before. Dont think the changes to the ground_type work in thrones, as in atilla.
    The pictures below is with and without crucible of kings, no difference in naval movement.
    Darn, okay - was hoping that would work.

But, one note - the effect wouldn't be seen until the next turn (have to end turn on water)
    Last edited by Dresden; May 16, 2018 at 08:18 PM.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

Darn, okay - was hoping that would work.

But, one note - the effect wouldn't be seen until the next turn (have to end turn on water)
    I know. Both pictures is taken at start of the next turn after i had loaded the save. But i like the idea of ships getting more movement. So hope there are an another solution. I have tried myself to change campaign actionpoinrs for ships in pfm. But it makes the game crash on start.

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

Well there are a few ways to do it and all have downsides. You can directly increase movement points of armies and then decrease them on land (with seasonal effects). But the problem here is that when they land at ports they will retain their movement points from sea and have way too much. Similar problem if you create a unique effect for water to decrease movement of armies using stances or difficulty table.

Is there a way to make the norman invasion trigger, depending on fame level instead of date?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast