Thread: Roma Surrectum 2.6 Odessos AOR problem

Default Roma Surrectum 2.6 Odessos AOR problem

Hello to the team , and everybody else , and congratulations for your great work. I am a big fun.

I am running Roma Surrectum 2.6 for now , and i am having a minor problem with one of the cities. Odessos to be exact.
    Although by right clicking the Roman Fortress building , you can see that you should be able to recruit several kind of units, like IIII Flavia Felix Legio , including its First , 3 types of auxiliary infantry Cohors , 2 types of cavalry , 2 types of auxiliary archers Cohors , effectively you can only recruit Legatus Legionis , Roman Evocati and Roman Antesignani. The 3 types of siege units as the 3 types of agents also can be recruited normally. But the ones i mentioned , doesn't even show in the list for recruitement.

I messed arround a little with export_descr_buildings.txt and with descr_regions.txt files , with my limited mod knowledge , but to no effect in this particular city. I managed to change what i recruit where , which means i got the basics right. But my knowledge stops there. Is there any suggestion to this? Of course it's not a game breaking issue. Its really a minor problem, but when you are a perfectionist , these things stacks in the back of your mind , unfortunately.

Any advice , or solution of course , would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 Odessos AOR problem

Quote Originally Posted by Omiros View Post
    Hello to the team , and everybody else , and congratulations for your great work. I am a big fun.

I am running Roma Surrectum 2.6 for now , and i am having a minor problem with one of the cities. Odessos to be exact.
    Although by right clicking the Roman Fortress building , you can see that you should be able to recruit several kind of units, like IIII Flavia Felix Legio , including its First , 3 types of auxiliary infantry Cohors , 2 types of cavalry , 2 types of auxiliary archers Cohors , effectively you can only recruit Legatus Legionis , Roman Evocati and Roman Antesignani. The 3 types of siege units as the 3 types of agents also can be recruited normally. But the ones i mentioned , doesn't even show in the list for recruitement.

I messed arround a little with export_descr_buildings.txt and with descr_regions.txt files , with my limited mod knowledge , but to no effect in this particular city. I managed to change what i recruit where , which means i got the basics right. But my knowledge stops there. Is there any suggestion to this? Of course it's not a game breaking issue. Its really a minor problem, but when you are a perfectionist , these things stacks in the back of your mind , unfortunately.

Any advice , or solution of course , would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
    Its OK. I did find what is the problem - in background script.txt is not present augustan reforms for these regions. Is need to add it at the end of file. For example I add augustan reform for Nemetacum
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "...
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Gotland
    and SettlementIsLocal
    and I_CompareCounter Augustan_Reforms = 1
    and not SettlementBuildingExists = augustan_reforms
    console_command create_building Gotland "augustan_reforms"
    end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Nemetacum
    and SettlementIsLocal
    and I_CompareCounter Augustan_Reforms = 1
    and not SettlementBuildingExists = augustan_reforms
    console_command create_building Nemetacum "augustan_reforms"
    end_monitor

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;;; End of your code
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Spin forever - Do not let the script terminate or any monitors you have set up will immediately get thrown away.
    while I_TurnNumber < 99999
    suspend_unscripted_advice true
    end_while

end_script
    "

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 2.6 Odessos AOR problem

MDA, you seem like an intelligent person, maybe you can help me solve a problem I've had for years?

My original post is here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ons-not-needed

And the only reply in the Q&A thread (from Dvk himself, no less) is here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...answers/page18

The problem is, I'm playing 2.6, and for all factions except Rome, the requirement to have army rations and weapon metals present, or an import building constructed, to develop barracks, isn't working.

I can just build my barracks tree without ever needing to build a weapon metals import, or a supply of army rations.

And it bugs the hell out of me!