Thread: Exempting taxes does nothing to the public order? thanks CA: part II

Default Exempting taxes does nothing to the public order? thanks CA: part II

I fell like a playtester now.

EDIT: Raiding does nothing too.

Raiding

Taxes

Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 05, 2018 at 07:03 PM.

Default Re: Exempting taxes does nothing to the public order? thanks CA: part II

The default tax rate doesn't come with a public order penalty, if you go to your economy panel and move your tax rate to the second highest or highest rate, it gives a public order penalty. Once at one of those two rates, you will see a public order penalty for taxes, which I seem to remember exempt taxes did remove that penalty for a province. As for raiding, I don't remember the AI using it against me to where it was a problem.

Default Re: Exempting taxes does nothing to the public order? thanks CA: part II

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    The default tax rate doesn't come with a public order penalty, if you go to your economy panel and move your tax rate to the second highest or highest rate, it gives a public order penalty. Once at one of those two rates, you will see a public order penalty for taxes, which I seem to remember exempt taxes did remove that penalty for a province. As for raiding, I don't remember the AI using it against me to where it was a problem.
    Just tested this. Its true. Can´t really tell if its good or just plain dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Turista_838 View Post
    Just tested this. Its true. Can´t really tell if its good or just plain dumb.
    Even in the dark ages there were only 2 certainties in life, death and taxes. I guess the citizens don’t get upset because they know they’ll have to pay the default rate no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

The raiding issue is certainly a bug. Can't thing any other logical explanation.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

It's like they took out the tax free buff to happiness but the check box is left there to troll us? Bring it back into the game please.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    It's like they took out the tax free buff to happiness but the check box is left there to troll us? Bring it back into the game please.
    I hope not as a future DLC.

Uhm, guys? The screenshot actually shows a tooltip explaining what freeing the taxes does. Do you read before you complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabenrecht View Post
    Uhm, guys? The screenshot actually shows a tooltip explaining what freeing the taxes does. Do you read before you complain?
    You're missing the point. Every TW game starting with Empire has had the feature to suspend taxes for an individual settlement or starting with Rome II for a province. Empire was the first game that only allowed setting a tax rate for one's entire faction--hence the addition of the ability to suspend taxes for individual settlement to temporarily improve public order--usually resulting from just being conquered. Prior to Empire one could set the tax rate by settlement, so the feature wasn't needed. One just has to remember to check it occasionally and turn taxes back on when public order finally improves.

What is happening currently in Thrones is that unticking the box stops all taxes, but it has no effect on relieving negative public order, which negates the point of having this feature in the first place.

I happened spot the issue on my first play through and only came across this thread today. I guessing the bug got created due to some sort of adjustment to the tax and public order system at the last minute prior to release and they just didn't catch it. Anyway, I posted in the bug thread over on the official forum, rather than waste time complaining about it on this site. I doubt the developers spend much time here any more.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabenrecht View Post
    Do you read before you complain?
    Usually.

Just an update, a CA rep has already responded to my post about the bug and a says they are working on it. Hopefully this will be fixed shortly.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post
    Just an update, a CA rep has already responded to my post about the bug and a says they are working on it. Hopefully this will be fixed shortly.

Cheers
    Good deal, thanks for the update

Unchecking tax province does have an effect, although there is a bug with it:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would say the bug is that if you set your taxes to the lowest or second lowest bracket, you get a positive public order bonus which if you uncheck tax province you lose that public order bonus.

"I enjoy paying less taxes than no taxes at all" said no one ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turista_838 View Post
    "I enjoy paying less taxes than no taxes at all" said no one ever
    I think that sums it up perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Observer View Post

Cheers
    Mission almost completed then.