Thread: Resource production

Icon5 Resource production

I would like to know what are pros and cons for building building with high commerce income (for instance industrialized farms --> pastures) or high production (industrialized farms --> granaries)? What does 40 grain do to the economy or how do i profit from 40 grain instead of 800 wealth from livestock or vice versa? Hope these questions are not dumb. Thx for answers.

Default Re: Resource production

The building that produces more recources gives u money via trade with other factions. You have more goods to trade with and your income via trade will be higher that way. The building that gives u less recources but more commerce income will boost the income of your province more than the building that produces more resources.

Unfortunately i have no clue which one will give you more money. It probably depens on the resource. But i would say that the building that gives you more commerce income will probably in the long run give you more money. But maybe someone who actually knows can answer this.

Does anyone know how much 10 grain or other resource give gold per trade agreement? Is there a website to look it up? Any help would be most appreciated.

commerce, agriculture, industry, etc. are affected by empire maintenance while, as far as i can tell, trade is not. it seems then that trade resource is the better option for larger empires or those that do a lot of trade to begin with

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by pjustind View Post
    commerce, agriculture, industry, etc. are affected by empire maintenance while, as far as i can tell, trade is not. it seems then that trade resource is the better option for larger empires or those that do a lot of trade to begin with
    Well Carthaginians weren't fools...

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Well Carthaginians weren't fools...
    https://giphy.com/gifs/1SfxXOJ0Q2Xni

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    Walter was surely aware of trading benefits.

So I'll resurrect this thread instead of starting a new one because I've some kinda related questions

1) So have we definitely established the difference between resource production and resource trader buildings? i.e Ones with less resources gives you more commerce income directly? I ask because the trader buildings with this effect actually have an increase foreign population % so maybe we've got it the wrong way around?
    2) How much is "wealth" actually worth in terms of coin?
    3) Is there a way to find out how much a resource is actually worth or to see how much surplus of the resource you have? For example, the higher tier roman barracks buildings require copper but even though I own a copper producing region it tells me I don't have access to copper. Do I not have enough surplus copper or must you construct the barracks in the same province as the copper mine?
    4) Do buildings such as temples for grant bonuses such as an increased % from maritime commerce, industry etc to those buildings in the same city as the temple? Or does it grant these bonuses to all applicable buildings in the whole province?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ltsweeting; July 27, 2018 at 04:26 PM.

1) yes. more resources = more income from trade agreements. It's actually extremely profitable for much of the early and mid game in provinces not really min/maxed for anything in particular.
    2) I have no idea how much exactly it's worth, but you can see the current profit per resource from the trade and tax tab (bottom right corner).
    but the gist of it is that the more resources you produce, the more you can sell via trade agreements, hence more profit per trade agreement. that's why it's very profitable when you can have a lot of trade (early/mid game) but not as much when you're imperium 5 and above and everyone hates you.
    3) there's no such thing as surplus resources. you either have a resource or you don't.
    depending on the barracks, you probably didn't hit the reforms that unlocks that barracks yet, or you don't have the tech for it.
    4) the temple bonus applies to the whole province.

Quote Originally Posted by hoho96 View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by hoho96 View Post
    4) the temple bonus applies to the whole province.
    Been looking for that answer for ages, thank you!! ��