Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Results 261 to 278 of 278

Thread: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

  1. #261
    DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder (retired)
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The d(r)ying surface of planet Earth
    Posts
    14,513

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Btw., i'm just such a "white man" and cannot share in the slightest what's been said here in this relation ^

    Well, just have to ask, is this here "an extract", in a way transportation to TWC forums, of therapy-sittings of so-called "white men" and their victim complexes or identy issues with that skin property and with being male?

    No, i don't think so, but really

    P.S. Good god, all that apparently inherent racism and chauvinism.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 26, 2018 at 07:55 PM.
    # Climate Change is not just a Global Warming but a Global Desaster NASA: Climate Change
    # Human impact has a name: Anthropocene
    # Support ICAN International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
    # MIT study: Fake News/Twitter, "Falsehoods Win"
    # Speaking of the west: Nowadays, fascists and latent fascists believe of themselves they are not fascist, because nationalism-chauvinism-racism-xenophoby becomes once again socially acceptable: The destruction of civil society. Religious fundamentalism, fanatism, hypocrisy, prejudice, discrimination, segregation and incitement to hatred goes hand in hand with this societal sickness, which only started with a public moral decay and web hatestorms a la nazi-zombies unleashed, preparing mob-law, culture war and possibly even civil war. We see the barbaric mind re-erect pseudo-democracies, which are on the way to fascist totalitarian states. And if TWC had a Neo-Fascisto-Meter it would ring loud.
    # Total War Modding Contribution Overview
    # Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT) - my The Witcher 3 mod
    # Note, as for YouTube videos in some of my posts (usually in section The Arts): I own nothing. It is solely sharing URL's from existing YouTube contents.

  2. #262

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Just like when when you have any group of males and you throw a female in the mix, instead of the males vying for a position in the pecking order and status a leader or alpha, they will now organize according to the approval of the female.
    And do you talk with experience? because from my own experience didn't stoped boys from being competitive with other teams. From what i recall no one was pandering to the Girl next team. I would know i was one of those Boys. You are just assuming things without really knowing the work environment of a group like this.

    This is the lobby behind the change.
    So gay people who were already part of the scouts since forever, want to be leaders without having to hide the fact that they are gay.... And that is a bad thing because? You dont want to know they are gay is that? But you will be ok if they hide the fact and lie anyway?

    The wording is pretty clear: inclusiveness, equality, safe culture. That's SJW language.
    I think there is a lot of nonsense in SJW culture. But nonsense in the internet isn't a novelty. What is novelty is people giving major credit to it.

    And there is a lot of thing that makes sense, and some people just dont like it. To want people to be treated the same way in the scouts regardless of sexual orientation makes sense to me.( its their goal as stated in the link you posted.

    And i know they dont have the same opportunities. They cant be leaders if they are openly gay or married with a gay person. Its a situation it isn't only in the US, in Europe too as far as i know, and it always have been like this.
    Personally, if this were to change i dont see why would be a terrible thing. But that is just me. But i know it will be extremely difficult to change in a lot of Scouting groups, due to the religious influence in plenty of this groups.



    Those are not conspiracy theories. There's a specific pressure from ''progressive'' organizations to meddle in Scouts.
    It always have been, outside pressure from outside organizations of all kind to meddle in the scouts, almost since its conception.

    Why do you think you have Religious Groups affiliated to a lot of its World organizations? When originally the scouts weren't to be under the guidance of any government or Religion.. but there is plenty of cases were that isnt true, and i dont see any of you complain about it. Like you complain about this.
    But if it is a movement for inclusion, everyone loses their . What a ing double standard.



    There have been State meddling too. ( you should see the Indonesian scouts). And you would be Naive to think the Girl scouts of America, and BSA weren't influenced, and meddled by a lot of conservative religious groups and such. Although from what i hear right now its that the Girls scouts of America is full on of feminist lectures and stuff that is outside of the domain of traditional scouting. And that is putting pressure on Girls to find alternatives.
    dont know if its true but its from what i read.

    The scouts never existed in the vacuum that is for certain.

    For once you have a group for Inclusiveness.... about equal treatment. Which is what the scouts is all about, you dont wear uniforms because its stylish, there is a purpose. ( and no there is nothing to do with communist conspiracies)

    From the link you posted about Scouting for equality i really dont have an issue with their goals at all.

    If there is people who do, i would say these people seem to continue to live in an hypocritical world.

    Fun fact, again, on paper, I don't mind the above ''gay instructors'' nor even the ''transgender boys''. I wouldn't care. I do care when I see the language being used that is the application of SJW gender theories from universities. That's why I'm against it.
    So you aren't against the concept but you are against where it comes from? is that it?

    I would say the language used is just a reflection of our age most likely. At any case, i dont see how having a co-ed scouting organization is the end of the world.

    Hitler regarded the Slavs as inferior, yet we have Ukrainian Neo-Nazis. So why is an adapted form of neo-marxism so incomprehensible to you. Just saying, it’s Basil’s argument not mine.
    Because a lot of what we are talking about it predates the so called neo-marxism.
    Co-ed scouting groups exist for decades. I wouldn't call it a SJW invention. ( which is a rather recent phenomena linked with the mass use of the internet).

    I see this more of a reflection of society true the ages, as i said before Scouting groups dont exist in the vacuum, if societal norms at the begging of the XX century in most cases preclude a form of segregation between boys and girls, as the scouting movement grew that changed incrementally over the decades, where most of the scouting organizations of the world are in fact co-ed, and even the ones that weren't, had parallel co-ed programs all the same, case in point the BSA with the venture scouts ( since the ing 50s)

    Which leads to what i been saying, this seemly benign change have turn into fuel for social politics, a target of opportunity by the conservative right and liberal ( according to you all neo marxist influenced)

    Even if to me some of the stuff makes sense to me, others not so much, i grant you that. But in this particular case? All i see is political opportunism, in this debate mind you.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; May 26, 2018 at 10:11 PM.

  3. #263

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post

    So gay people who were already part of the scouts since forever, want to be leaders without having to hide the fact that they are gay.... And that is a bad thing because? You dont want to know they are gay is that? But you will be ok if they hide the fact and lie anyway?
    Does it even matter if they are gay?' It should have nothing to do with the fact they are scout leaders. It's nobody's business that they are gay. There shouldn't be any rule against it.



    Why do you think you have Religious Groups affiliated to a lot of its World organizations? When originally the scouts weren't to be under the guidance of any government or Religion.. but there is plenty of cases were that isnt true, and i dont see any of you complain about it. Like you complain about this.
    But if it is a movement for inclusion, everyone loses their . What a ing double standard.



    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    For once you have a group for Inclusiveness.... about equal treatment. Which is what the scouts is all about, you dont wear uniforms because its stylish, there is a purpose. ( and no there is nothing to do with communist conspiracies)

    From the link you posted about Scouting for equality i really dont have an issue with their goals at all.


    So you aren't against the concept but you are against where it comes from? is that it?

    I would say the language used is just a reflection of our age most likely. At any case, i dont see how having a co-ed scouting organization is the end of the world.
    There are actually a lot of problems with what they say: 1) safe spaces- horrendous idea; then you get teens depressed and suicidal because they don't have enough likes on social media. Scouts make you live in contact with nature, so you should learn the world can be harsh. It legitimately kills the goal. Scouts also used to to competitions, meaning you learn to put effort to achieve. I wouldn't be surprised if they are gone because those who lose then feel ''bad''. The concept of ''safe culture'' underlines policing language, which is straight out of deconstructionism.... and Orwell. Repressing individual free speech and socially engineer a language is what Mao and the Soviets did. 2) Inclusion is one of those words SJWs use in tandem with ''diversity'' which have the regular meaning of either less white, or less heterosexual, or less male. Indeed in this case it's the last one.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Btw., i'm just such a "white man" and cannot share in the slightest what's been said here in this relation ^

    Well, just have to ask, is this here "an extract", in a way transportation to TWC forums, of therapy-sittings of so-called "white men" and their victim complexes or identy issues with that skin property and with being male?

    No, i don't think so, but really

    P.S. Good god, all that apparently inherent racism and chauvinism.
    You already advocated the need for Antifa who want to kill white people to fight white nationalism because ''whites are inherently racist''. It's exactly the type of leftwing belief that has a death toll of over a hundred millions people. We don't need anything else, since it's pretty clear what the agenda is.

    That's why your side wants to take guns anyway. Same usual pattern: first take the guns, second take the right to speak (indeed the first amendment is right next on the menu for SJW to take down), third put people into camps or starve them to death. Always the same thing.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 27, 2018 at 02:23 AM.

  4. #264

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Does it even matter if they are gay?' It should have nothing to do with the fact they are scout leaders. It's nobody's business that they are gay. There shouldn't be any rule against it.
    But there is. Like i told you i was part of catholic scouts, There are even some positions in the leadership that are denied to you, if you dont fit a certain archetype of a catholic adult. Married, and with children. Seen it happen in a few years back.

    There are actually a lot of problems with what they say: 1) safe spaces- horrendous idea; then you get teens depressed and suicidal because they don't have enough likes on social media. Scouts make you live in contact with nature, so you should learn the world can be harsh. It legitimately kills the goal. Scouts also used to to competitions, meaning you learn to put effort to achieve. I wouldn't be surprised if they are gone because those who lose then feel ''bad''. The concept of ''safe culture'' underlines policing language, which is straight out of deconstructionism.... and Orwell. Repressing individual free speech and socially engineer a language is what Mao and the Soviets did. 2) Inclusion is one of those words SJWs use in tandem with ''diversity'' which have the regular meaning of either less white, or less heterosexual, or less male. Indeed in this case it's the last one.
    Im not an advocate of Political correctness. I wasn't when was predicated in conservative environment, and im not now when is predicated under the guise of Social justice.
    However like then, right now still believe in human decency. And i dont like how some of those things so easily are taged under the domain of identity politics.


    Still think this is an unwarranted discussion given what is at stake.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; May 27, 2018 at 04:27 AM.

  5. #265

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    But there is. Like i told you i was part of catholic scouts, There are even some positions in the leadership that are denied to you, if you dont fit a certain archetype of a catholic adult. Married, and with children. Seen it happen in a few years back.
    Though aren't Catholics allowed to create their own organizations according to their scale of values?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Im not an advocate of Political correctness. I wasn't when was predicated in conservative environment, and im not now when is predicated under the guise of Social justice.
    However like then, right now still believe in human decency. And i dont like how some of those things so easily are taged under the domain of identity politics.


    Still think this is an unwarranted discussion given what is at stake.
    I know you are a moderate leftist that doesn't agree with the far left, I'm not taking it on you, I am suspicious of organizations that use the extreme left language though.

  6. #266

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    I never branded such a thing as Bigoted.
    Everybody this days due to political and social climate (only see in absolutes yeah i know like the sith) I mean everyone takes such a extreme positions, on everything.
    You did brand my preference for a same sex space as a negative thing, even if word wasn't exactly "bigoted", it was still a word of negative connotation.

    Again why is a group of 4 males friends traveling less "inclusive" or whatever word is picked that means less desirable, than 2 couples traveling together, 1 male 1 female balanced sex gender ratio?

    This question is a micro version of the Scouts issue. You have people banning the 4 guy friends dynamic to replace it with a 1 guy 1 woman ratio dynamic, for purelly ideological delusion that they are "bringing progress" to mankind,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    as if the pro-"progress" were as the Prometheus themselves, giving the "Fire" to the less evolved beings


    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    You talked about dynamics being different. Even if they are, i fail to understand how is that a terrible thing? in Life, you will have to work, study, interact with the opposite sex how isn't a co-ed scouting group a good non formal education or preparation for adult life in this areas?
    That's the whole point. Real life is full of mixed gender dynamics by force, whether you like it or not, so why is hobby time forced to copy real life? Isn't hobby something you do to abstract yourself from the daily grind?

    Nothing "evil" about wanting leisure time to not reflect the mandatory daily grind. Daily grind is already gender mixed (unless you are a monk or an engineering student), so why should the rest be forced to copy the mandatory daily grind?

    Why?
    Last edited by fkizz; May 27, 2018 at 06:29 AM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

    -George Orwell

  7. #267
    HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,923

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    wow, how did you end up hating mixed gender activities so much

    when people start bringing up their personal issues, a thread has run its course.

  8. #268

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Though aren't Catholics allowed to create their own organizations according to their scale of values?
    I suppose they do, even if the scouting movemnt originally weren't founded by any organized church to begin with. There is no rules that need not be a conservative or progressive domain. As long the core values of scouting are there..

    The oldest Scouting group in my country isn't affiliated with any religion for example ( older then the one that was founded by the catholic church actually ), the AEP its a secular scouting group, and always have been. Also there is a difference between a founder, and simply a promoter. ( like the Mormons where in the case of the BSA, and before that the christian youth ( YMCA).

    The truth is not all groups are the same in all countries, they all have their influences and formats etc.

    From what i have been reading, the progressive American movement was also responsible by founding the BSA, in the early XX century. ( the irony) reading about William D. Boyce.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_D._Boyce

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America



    You did brand my preference for a same sex space as a negative thing, even if word wasn't exactly "bigoted", it was still a word of negative connotation.
    No, i branded your opinion on co-ed as a negative one. There is a difference.

    I stated plenty of times im fine with either same gender, or co-ed, and that this discussion is unwarranted in the realm of identity politics as plenty of you are making it out to be.

    Again why is a group of 4 males friends traveling less "inclusive" or whatever word is picked that means less desirable, than 2 couples traveling together, 1 male 1 female balanced sex gender ratio?
    what ratio are you talking about? how do you even know in a certain group, there aren't only males?
    Or there aren't only females?

    Its inclusive because its open to everyone. It is so by definition. Not because it exist a quota for females and males equally.
    This is a simplistic analogy, that doesn't really applies to the case at hand on principle.

    This question is a micro version of the Scouts issue. You have people banning the 4 guy friends dynamic to replace it with a 1 guy 1 woman ratio dynamic, for purelly ideological delusion that they are "bringing progress" to mankind
    See, this is exactly your opinion that i disagree wholehearted. Mostly because it is predicated in a backward mindset, that boys and girls cant work together, or just because it confuses you personally. Even if the dynamic is different. And most of all, you are applying identity politics here. shameless.

    It is Progress in the sense where before due to societal norms, boys and Girls where segregated, and now they aren't. Also due to societal norms changing over the decades, But You folks call it a neo marxism doing, ignoring decades of history on social rights in the west, etc.. That for me is Social political opportunism, and falling in the trap of identity politics.
    Meaning if you agree with co-ed scouting programs, and same treatment of people regardless of sexual orientation, makes you a neo marxist, and believing in a more conservative approach of one gender space programs makes you a bigoted alt right, and white supremacist... it all makes it for a extreme, and feeble intellectual minded debate.

    That's the whole point. Real life is full of mixed gender dynamics by force, whether you like it or not, so why is hobby time forced to copy real life? Isn't hobby something you do to abstract yourself from the daily grind?
    I would say it is a bit more then a simple hobby. Also as non formal education program co-ed makes some sense, this days, pedagogy speaking, at least to me. Scouting movement was never really about exclusiveness, or a male safe space. Girls guides or Girl scouting groups, where formed pretty fast, after the founding of the scouting movement, as well.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; May 27, 2018 at 11:40 PM.

  9. #269

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Its inclusive because its open to everyone. It is so by definition. Not because it exist a quota for females and males equally.
    This is a simplistic analogy, that doesn't really applies to the case at hand on principle.
    Banning/shaming same gender groups is not Inclusive at all. You're banning/shaming people who have a different organization belief from you.

    Just because some people prefer male only dynamics in some (not all) situations, that is not reason to slowly outcast them as undesirables..

    An inclusive solution would be to show mixed groups being as the better solution which would make the same gender groups find the alternative better.
    Outright slowly banning the opposition thought is not very inclusive, and slowly aproaches the Rule by Censorship principle, and shows that your idea only holds when it is backed by potential lawsuit force of Legislative branch, rather than principle of being the better option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    See, this is exactly your opinion that i disagree wholehearted. Mostly because it is predicated in a backward mindset, that boys and girls cant work together, or just because it confuses you personally. Even if the dynamic is different. And most of all, you are applying identity politics here. shameless.
    No that's not what I said. I said that you can have both mixed groups and male only groups, as long as you don't extinguish the male-only ones. It's a very open mindset, where different ideas can coexist under the same roof.

    I'm for allowing for different ideas to co-exist and happen, and compete between themselves, basically pushing for a free market of ideas.
    While you are for only legally and morally allowing one to exist, while the other is subverted via legislative force. Basically you pull for a State Monopoly of ideas instead of a Free Market of ideas.
    Last edited by fkizz; May 28, 2018 at 02:19 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

    -George Orwell

  10. #270

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Banning/shaming same gender groups is not Inclusive at all. You're banning/shaming people who have a different organization belief from you.

    Just because some people prefer male only dynamics in some (not all) situations, that is not reason to slowly outcast them as undesirables..
    Tray again. I stated many times im fine with same gender scouting groups. You are putting statements in my mouth.

    An inclusive solution would be to show mixed groups being as the better solution which would make the same gender groups find the alternative better.
    Outright slowly banning the opposition thought is not very inclusive, and slowly approaches the Rule by Censorship principle, and shows that your idea only holds when it is backed by potential lawsuit force of Legislative branch, rather than principle of being the better option.
    Why is in your mind Same gender groups a better solution? Then Co-ed? have you any experience with Boy scouts or Guides and how they work? Are you a pedagogy scholar? Why it is better and not worse?

    My opinion is that you can make scouting work either way. The girl thing is almost a red herring, Scouting is just providing something that young people want, some of those young people are girls.

    Me personalty i find Co-ed makes sense, because probably ends up preparing you better for adult life and what not.( from my own experience it is the idea i have, what im saying me and the kids that went trough it, no doubt got a lot out of those programs.
    But that is just me. And honestly from what i seen from Guides group, traditionally what they do is pretty limited. ( it doesn't mean is always like this mind you).



    No that's not what I said. I said that you can have both mixed groups and male only groups, as long as you don't extinguish the male-only ones. It's a very open mindset, where different ideas can coexist under the same roof.
    You do know Scouting groups can organize themselves the way they please? No one is stopping them from having a male only organizations. In fact inst a Fringe group already leaving the BSA to found their own, because they want to have a male only group?! So what is the fuss about? All i hear is cries over the Boy scouts changing their name to more accurately reflect their changing membership policies. Who the hell is a snowflake after all.

    If they are disappearing, mostly likely reason is people dont dig them as they did in the past, and prefer to have their kids in a different environment. In your words Free market working. Society today isn't the same society at the beginning of the XX century after all.

    Although i have to say i dont think its because of this changes in BSA , they will rise their membership. There are a lot more factors at play with the declining number of scouts imo, be either co-ed or otherwise.
    Its not because they change their name and suddenly allow girls, the 50 year long decline in scouts membership will change.

    I'm for allowing for different ideas to co-exist and happen, and compete between themselves, basically pushing for a free market of ideas.
    While you are for only legally and morally allowing one to exist, while the other is subverted via legislative force. Basically you pull for a State Monopoly of ideas instead of a Free Market of ideas.
    I think i showed over my posts in this thread about this topic, im pretty far from what you are claiming me to be right here.
    And there is no legislative force forcing the Scouts to be Co-ed.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; May 29, 2018 at 01:49 AM.

  11. #271

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Doesn't take a very long gander in the news to see what the Marxist Egalitarian feminists are up to lately.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

  12. #272

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    delete
    Last edited by fkizz; June 01, 2018 at 12:20 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

    -George Orwell

  13. #273

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    wow, how did you end up hating mixed gender activities so much
    No, that's not what I said. It's like your post was written by Cathy Newman.

    What I said was, one thing is having X while people like X. The alternative Y also exists, and both compete for their market share.

    Another thing is having X because the alternative Y got Banned or prefering Y gets you in legal trouble or some sort of threat or labelling of some type of "social outcast" for daring to have alternative tastes.

    Most of the people giving you trouble are egalitarian minded people, which leaves a hint..
    See the difference?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Now replace X with "mixed groups" and Y with "same gender groups" and there you go.


    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    My opinion is that you can make scouting work either way.
    Are you really sure? So far you've been complaing about same gender activities for plenty of posts, and joining the SJW-minded crowd who use you as a "gamergater" as a pejorative or use whatever else analogue word to "heretic" they find, as Himster pointed out.
    Last edited by fkizz; June 01, 2018 at 12:26 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

    -George Orwell

  14. #274

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    No, that's not what I said. It's like your post was written by Cathy Newman.

    What I said was, one thing is having X while people like X. The alternative Y also exists, and both compete for their market share.

    Another thing is having X because the alternative Y got Banned or prefering Y gets you in legal trouble or some sort of threat or labelling of some type of "social outcast" for daring to have alternative tastes.

    Most of the people giving you trouble are egalitarian minded people, which leaves a hint..
    See the difference?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    Now replace X with "mixed groups" and Y with "same gender groups" and there you go.




    Are you really sure? So far you've been complaing about same gender activities for plenty of posts, and joining the SJW-minded crowd who use you as a "gamergater" as a pejorative or use whatever else analogue word to "heretic" they find, as Himster pointed out.
    Have i really? it is that what you take from my posts?
    And yes im sure, you can go back and read my posts. And im also sure scouting can work either way, since you know i lived it, seen it, and the mere fact that such groups exists,and they are functioning at the moment we speak.

    So far i only see you crying about co-ed, and blaming Neo marxists and SJW, and what not. Without even consider that perhaps this in itself, isn't the boogeyman you think it is.

    An while all i have being saying is that its fine and it is nothing out of extraordinary, that such thing exists for decades in plenty or most countries around the world, in fact i been against any politicization on the issue from the get go, and stated on multiple occasions.

    As i see it it is about common sense. But if you are going to take advantage on the issue, without not really caring about it, and playing the identity politics on it, then there isn't really much point continuing with this debate,a t least from my part.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 01, 2018 at 02:01 PM.

  15. #275

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Are you that sure you're not on the side who saw my opinion as negative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    No, i branded your opinion on co-ed as a negative one. There is a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    See, this is exactly your opinion that i disagree wholehearted. Mostly because it is predicated in a backward mindset [...]shameless.
    It's not a crime to disagree with me, but let's have some honesty to assume what has been stated not very long ago. Don't pretend to be my ally if you're not.
    Last edited by fkizz; June 01, 2018 at 06:46 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

    -George Orwell

  16. #276

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Are you that sure you're not on the side who saw my opinion as negative?





    It's not a crime to disagree with me, but let's have some honesty to assume what has been stated not very long ago. Don't pretend to be my ally if you're not.
    Im not your ally. I stated several times i disagreed your opinion or you several commentary on co-ed scouting.

    That doesn't make me a SJW or a Marxist. that is my whole point.

    Im fine with co-ed and and im fine with same gender scouting. From your several comments you dont seem fine with one of them.

  17. #277

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    I said you joined with the anti same gender group which you did. Then you say you didn't and then you say you did again.

    This is a debate, be clear in what side you're defending. And you ignored my question of "Why is a dynamic of 2 couples better than that of 4 guy friends?" like 3 times now.

    At least follow proper debate formalities instead of being so nebulous. Don't be afraid to pick a side. It's still inconsistent what you actually defend. You should be clear about that.

    Then you say you find same gender groups as reactionary/backwards, then you say it's actually ok, then it's bad again, then it's good again.

    I defend the Free Market of ideas, that you shouldn't supress alternative thought just for vague reasons such as finding it "backwards".

    I have nothing further to say to you because your posts sound extremely confused.
    Last edited by fkizz; June 02, 2018 at 07:25 AM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

    -George Orwell

  18. #278

    Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

    I said you joined with the anti same gender group which you did. Then you say you didn't and then you say you did again.
    No that is how you chose to see it.

    This is a debate, be clear in what side you're defending
    Neither. My opinion is that this is fine, and everyone is politicizing the issue, and making a big fuss over it. Because it is convenient, and it is what people do nowadays, everything has to be PC, or Alt right and populist and what not. And accept no middle term.

    At least follow proper debate formalities instead of being so nebulous. Don't be afraid to pick a side. It's still inconsistent what you actually defend. You should be clear about that.
    I was pretty clear, from the start, just because i dont want to play your game of us against them, it doesn't mean i deviated from any debate formalities.

    Then you say you find same gender groups as reactionary/backwards, then you say it's actually ok, then it's bad again, then it's good again.
    I never said they were reactionary. Do they stem from a dated preset historically? sure, i did mentioned that. Very differently then saying its not ok or that is backwards or it is bigoted. You are the one saying that co-ed is terrible. Im simply responding to that.

    I defend the Free Market of ideas, that you shouldn't supress alternative thought just for vague reasons such as finding it "backwards".
    No wonder you find them confusing. I think you just dont read them in its entirety.

    All your talk about free market and freedom of ideas, but when ideas that you dont like are put into place, you make a fuss about it.
    Lucky for us, it is not for you and i to decide, nor the state. It is for the scouts themselves.

    I have nothing further to say to you because your posts sound extremely confused.
    Sure.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 02, 2018 at 04:33 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •