Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder (retired)
    Citizen

Earth...eventually in before World War III, good luck all

Default Re: Boy Scouts of America agree to 'inclusive' name change

Btw., i'm just such a "white man" and cannot share in the slightest what's been said here in this relation ^

Well, just have to ask, is this here "an extract", in a way transportation to TWC forums, of therapy-sittings of so-called "white men" and their victim complexes or identy issues with that skin property and with being male?

No, i don't think so, but really

P.S. Good god, all that apparently inherent racism and chauvinism.
    Last edited by DaVinci; Yesterday at 07:55 PM.
    # Climate Change is not just a Global Warming but a Global Desaster NASA: Climate Change
    # Human impact has a name: Anthropocene
    # Support ICAN International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
    # MIT study: Fake News/Twitter, "Falsehoods Win"
    # Nowadays, fascists and latent fascists believe of themselves they are not fascist, because nationalism-chauvinism-racism-xenophoby becomes once again socially acceptable: The destruction of civil society. Religious fundamentalism, fanatism, hypocrisy, prejudice, discrimination, segregation and incitement to hatred goes hand in hand with this societal sickness. Future? With all those haters and the destruction of the environment? Hardly. Adore life. Encourage piece, diversity, respect and care for the planet.
    # Total War Modding Contribution Overview

Just like when when you have any group of males and you throw a female in the mix, instead of the males vying for a position in the pecking order and status a leader or alpha, they will now organize according to the approval of the female.
    And do you talk with experience? because from my own experience didn't stoped boys from being competitive with other teams. From what i recall no one was pandering to the Girl next team. I would know i was one of those Boys. You are just assuming things without really knowing the work environment of a group like this.

This is the lobby behind the change.
    So gay people who were already part of the scouts since forever, want to be leaders without having to hide the fact that they are gay.... And that is a bad thing because? You dont want to know they are gay is that? But you will be ok if they hide the fact and lie anyway?

The wording is pretty clear: inclusiveness, equality, safe culture. That's SJW language.
    I think there is a lot of nonsense in SJW culture. But nonsense in the internet isn't a novelty. What is novelty is people giving major credit to it.

And there is a lot of thing that makes sense, and some people just dont like it. To want people to be treated the same way in the scouts regardless of sexual orientation makes sense to me.( its their goal as stated in the link you posted.

And i know they dont have the same opportunities. They cant be leaders if they are openly gay or married with a gay person. Its a situation it isn't only in the US, in Europe too as far as i know, and it always have been like this.
    Personally, if this were to change i dont see why would be a terrible thing. But that is just me. But i know it will be extremely difficult to change in a lot of Scouting groups, due to the religious influence in plenty of this groups.

Those are not conspiracy theories. There's a specific pressure from ''progressive'' organizations to meddle in Scouts.
    It always have been, outside pressure from outside organizations of all kind to meddle in the scouts, almost since its conception.

Why do you think you have Religious Groups affiliated to a lot of its World organizations? When originally the scouts weren't to be under the guidance of any government or Religion.. but there is plenty of cases were that isnt true, and i dont see any of you complain about it. Like you complain about this.
    But if it is a movement for inclusion, everyone loses their . What a ing double standard.

There have been State meddling too. ( you should see the Indonesian scouts). And you would be Naive to think the Girl scouts of America, and BSA weren't influenced, and meddled by a lot of conservative religious groups and such. Although from what i hear right now its that the Girls scouts of America is full on of feminist lectures and stuff that is outside of the domain of traditional scouting. And that is putting pressure on Girls to find alternatives.
    dont know if its true but its from what i read.

The scouts never existed in the vacuum that is for certain.

For once you have a group for Inclusiveness.... about equal treatment. Which is what the scouts is all about, you dont wear uniforms because its stylish, there is a purpose. ( and no there is nothing to do with communist conspiracies)

From the link you posted about Scouting for equality i really dont have an issue with their goals at all.

If there is people who do, i would say these people seem to continue to live in an hypocritical world.

Fun fact, again, on paper, I don't mind the above ''gay instructors'' nor even the ''transgender boys''. I wouldn't care. I do care when I see the language being used that is the application of SJW gender theories from universities. That's why I'm against it.
    So you aren't against the concept but you are against where it comes from? is that it?

I would say the language used is just a reflection of our age most likely. At any case, i dont see how having a co-ed scouting organization is the end of the world.

Hitler regarded the Slavs as inferior, yet we have Ukrainian Neo-Nazis. So why is an adapted form of neo-marxism so incomprehensible to you. Just saying, it’s Basil’s argument not mine.
    Because a lot of what we are talking about it predates the so called neo-marxism.
    Co-ed scouting groups exist for decades. I wouldn't call it a SJW invention. ( which is a rather recent phenomena linked with the mass use of the internet).

I see this more of a reflection of society true the ages, as i said before Scouting groups dont exist in the vacuum, if societal norms at the begging of the XX century in most cases preclude a form of segregation between boys and girls, as the scouting movement grew that changed incrementally over the decades, where most of the scouting organizations of the world are in fact co-ed, and even the ones that weren't, had parallel co-ed programs all the same, case in point the BSA with the venture scouts ( since the ing 50s)

Which leads to what i been saying, this seemly benign change have turn into fuel for social politics, a target of opportunity by the conservative right and liberal ( according to you all neo marxist influenced)

Even if to me some of the stuff makes sense to me, others not so much, i grant you that. But in this particular case? All i see is political opportunism, in this debate mind you.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; Yesterday at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post

So gay people who were already part of the scouts since forever, want to be leaders without having to hide the fact that they are gay.... And that is a bad thing because? You dont want to know they are gay is that? But you will be ok if they hide the fact and lie anyway?
    Does it even matter if they are gay?' It should have nothing to do with the fact they are scout leaders. It's nobody's business that they are gay. There shouldn't be any rule against it.

Why do you think you have Religious Groups affiliated to a lot of its World organizations? When originally the scouts weren't to be under the guidance of any government or Religion.. but there is plenty of cases were that isnt true, and i dont see any of you complain about it. Like you complain about this.
    But if it is a movement for inclusion, everyone loses their . What a ing double standard.

For once you have a group for Inclusiveness.... about equal treatment. Which is what the scouts is all about, you dont wear uniforms because its stylish, there is a purpose. ( and no there is nothing to do with communist conspiracies)

From the link you posted about Scouting for equality i really dont have an issue with their goals at all.

So you aren't against the concept but you are against where it comes from? is that it?

I would say the language used is just a reflection of our age most likely. At any case, i dont see how having a co-ed scouting organization is the end of the world.
    There are actually a lot of problems with what they say: 1) safe spaces- horrendous idea; then you get teens depressed and suicidal because they don't have enough likes on social media. Scouts make you live in contact with nature, so you should learn the world can be harsh. It legitimately kills the goal. Scouts also used to to competitions, meaning you learn to put effort to achieve. I wouldn't be surprised if they are gone because those who lose then feel ''bad''. The concept of ''safe culture'' underlines policing language, which is straight out of deconstructionism.... and Orwell. Repressing individual free speech and socially engineer a language is what Mao and the Soviets did. 2) Inclusion is one of those words SJWs use in tandem with ''diversity'' which have the regular meaning of either less white, or less heterosexual, or less male. Indeed in this case it's the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Btw., i'm just such a "white man" and cannot share in the slightest what's been said here in this relation ^

Well, just have to ask, is this here "an extract", in a way transportation to TWC forums, of therapy-sittings of so-called "white men" and their victim complexes or identy issues with that skin property and with being male?

No, i don't think so, but really

P.S. Good god, all that apparently inherent racism and chauvinism.
    You already advocated the need for Antifa who want to kill white people to fight white nationalism because ''whites are inherently racist''. It's exactly the type of leftwing belief that has a death toll of over a hundred millions people. We don't need anything else, since it's pretty clear what the agenda is.

That's why your side wants to take guns anyway. Same usual pattern: first take the guns, second take the right to speak (indeed the first amendment is right next on the menu for SJW to take down), third put people into camps or starve them to death. Always the same thing.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; Today at 02:23 AM.

Does it even matter if they are gay?' It should have nothing to do with the fact they are scout leaders. It's nobody's business that they are gay. There shouldn't be any rule against it.
    But there is. Like i told you i was part of catholic scouts, There are even some positions in the leadership that are denied to you, if you dont fit a certain archetype of a catholic adult. Married, and with children. Seen it happen in a few years back.

There are actually a lot of problems with what they say: 1) safe spaces- horrendous idea; then you get teens depressed and suicidal because they don't have enough likes on social media. Scouts make you live in contact with nature, so you should learn the world can be harsh. It legitimately kills the goal. Scouts also used to to competitions, meaning you learn to put effort to achieve. I wouldn't be surprised if they are gone because those who lose then feel ''bad''. The concept of ''safe culture'' underlines policing language, which is straight out of deconstructionism.... and Orwell. Repressing individual free speech and socially engineer a language is what Mao and the Soviets did. 2) Inclusion is one of those words SJWs use in tandem with ''diversity'' which have the regular meaning of either less white, or less heterosexual, or less male. Indeed in this case it's the last one.
    Im not an advocate of Political correctness. I wasn't when was predicated in conservative environment, and im not now when is predicated under the guise of Social justice.
    However like then, right now still believe in human decency. And i dont like how some of those things so easily are taged under the domain of identity politics.

Still think this is an unwarranted discussion given what is at stake.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; Today at 04:27 AM.

But there is. Like i told you i was part of catholic scouts, There are even some positions in the leadership that are denied to you, if you dont fit a certain archetype of a catholic adult. Married, and with children. Seen it happen in a few years back.
    Though aren't Catholics allowed to create their own organizations according to their scale of values?

Im not an advocate of Political correctness. I wasn't when was predicated in conservative environment, and im not now when is predicated under the guise of Social justice.
    However like then, right now still believe in human decency. And i dont like how some of those things so easily are taged under the domain of identity politics.

Still think this is an unwarranted discussion given what is at stake.
    I know you are a moderate leftist that doesn't agree with the far left, I'm not taking it on you, I am suspicious of organizations that use the extreme left language though.

I never branded such a thing as Bigoted.
    Everybody this days due to political and social climate (only see in absolutes yeah i know like the sith) I mean everyone takes such a extreme positions, on everything.
    You did brand my preference for a same sex space as a negative thing, even if word wasn't exactly "bigoted", it was still a word of negative connotation.

Again why is a group of 4 males friends traveling less "inclusive" or whatever word is picked that means less desirable, than 2 couples traveling together, 1 male 1 female balanced sex gender ratio?

This question is a micro version of the Scouts issue. You have people banning the 4 guy friends dynamic to replace it with a 1 guy 1 woman ratio dynamic, for purelly ideological delusion that they are "bringing progress" to mankind,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    as if the pro-"progress" were as the Prometheus themselves, giving the "Fire" to the less evolved beings

You talked about dynamics being different. Even if they are, i fail to understand how is that a terrible thing? in Life, you will have to work, study, interact with the opposite sex how isn't a co-ed scouting group a good non formal education or preparation for adult life in this areas?
    That's the whole point. Real life is full of mixed gender dynamics by force, whether you like it or not, so why is hobby time forced to copy real life? Isn't hobby something you do to abstract yourself from the daily grind?

Nothing "evil" about wanting leisure time to not reflect the mandatory daily grind. Daily grind is already gender mixed (unless you are a monk or an engineering student), so why should the rest be forced to copy the mandatory daily grind?

Why?
    Last edited by fkizz; Today at 06:29 AM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14