Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Tactician: The Civil War 1861-65

Default Grand Tactician: The Civil War 1861-65

Hey,

today I would like to introduce our small indie strategy game series "Grand Tactician" and our first title "Grand Tactician: The Civil War 1861-65".

We´re a small team with almost no budget and work mostly after (and before) our regular work. After almost 2 years of game development we´re proud to present our first trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjOn1R1Vk8

GT will have a full playable campaign and detailed battes, both in real time! Hundreds historical commanders, re-enactment and combat footage from LionHeart FilmWorks, and an original soundtrack of old time music and drum and fife band....

For more information please visit our website: http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/index.html or leave a comment here.
    Last edited by Haithabas; May 05, 2018 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Youtube link fixed

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Grand Tactician: The Civil War 1861-65

Looks neat.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

It looks neat but just FYI a longstanding forum member and moderator here Darth left to make his own Civil War game (which I think turned into Ultimate General Civil War) so not sure how much support you will receive, or maybe you could try and collaborate

Hey, yes I know Darth and I played Ultimate General on my iPad. Like it alot, but this is not the game we're develop.

GT is set somewhere between TW and Scourge of War and because I'm not a native english speaker and already very tierd here a abstract from our FAQ.

8) What are the main differences to other similar titles, like Total War, Scourge of War, HistWar, or Ultimate General?We decided to start this project, because we thought the computer wargame scene did not have this kind of game yet. That said, all the above are very good games and also enjoyed by the development team. But there are a few important differences:
    - The general approach: we are not aiming at breathtaking visuals, stunning action or beer and pretzels game play. Instead, we try to make everything with realism in mind – not forgetting the player’s ability to handle the information. This means for example, that the battles will not be over in few minutes. And that the campaign will not be a simple rush to build more and better troops and then steamrolling the U.S. We imagine the player, the Grand Tactician, not in a hurry, whacking his mouse like a maniac. Instead, we see him/her sitting back, maybe a coffee mug in hand, scratching his/her forehead about the next move he/she should do.
    - There will be not only battles or only campaign, but both. And these will be intertwined more closely than in other similar titles. We are aiming for a comprehensive game about the Civil War, telling the story of the war in a different way it has been done in computer games before.

http://www.grandtactician.com/theciv...sked-questions

I was a TW modder for many years and playing games of that kind since Fields of Glory (Microprose), Sid Meier's Gettysburg ect... and all I can say is that GT is really unique. A full campaign in real time, large scale battles, multiple days battle, supply system... just to name some of the main features. No of these games has it all.

captcruch's Avatar Miles

It seems very interesting I can't wait to see more information on the campaign and the battle , Hardcore fan of Ultimate General

If the Yankees dare set foot in Virginia,we must show them bayonet .

Hey,

here is our latest "Engineer Corps Log Book" about resupply and multi–day battle mechanics:

In Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865) battles can take multiple days. When the sun goes down and the fighting ceases, both sides will continue furiously to prepare for the coming day... http://www.grandtactician.com/theciv...loody-day-ends

Hey,

yesterday we released 35 minutes of pure gameplay. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeT-...ature=youtu.be

And don´t forget everything shown in this video is subject to change!

Quote Originally Posted by Haithabas View Post
    Hey, yes I know Darth and I played Ultimate General on my iPad. Like it alot, but this is not the game we're develop.

GT is set somewhere between TW and Scourge of War and because I'm not a native english speaker and already very tierd here a abstract from our FAQ.

http://www.grandtactician.com/theciv...sked-questions

I was a TW modder for many years and playing games of that kind since Fields of Glory (Microprose), Sid Meier's Gettysburg ect... and all I can say is that GT is really unique. A full campaign in real time, large scale battles, multiple days battle, supply system... just to name some of the main features. No of these games has it all.
    I have been waiting for a long time for a actual real time campaign that is not a click fest like total war games. Love it. Since I left TW ageod and norb soft have filled the whole, know it looks like you will do one better.
    “Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.”
    Malcolm maggeridge

Hey,

here is our latest "Engineer Corps Log Book" about resupply and multi–day battle mechanics:

In Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865) battles can take multiple days. When the sun goes down and the fighting ceases, both sides will continue furiously to prepare for the coming day... http://www.grandtactician.com/theciv...loody-day-ends

once more great stuff. The attention to detail and historical accurate, i am hooked.
    “Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.”
    Malcolm maggeridge

Hey,

yesterday we released 35 minutes of pure gameplay. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeT-...ature=youtu.be

And don´t forget everything shown in this video is subject to change!

Positives

I love the pace of the game. Seems perfect.
    The line of sight is perfect. Keep it as it makes your game the only real accurate game and unique. I love the fact that smoke blocks vision.

Negatives

Just my opinion but the blue lines seem way to think and distracting. It takes from the immersion imo.
    Graphics. I know you are a small company but the units movements [not fluid it seems] and the corn really seem like they could use some work. Is their any chance of outside help with this area?

Conclusions

I hope to see some units engage each other to determine the staying power of units. One thing I cannot stand is like total war, units fight a few seconds and than run. I hope this is more like norb soft where units have staying power. I am already sold on this game and am very, very excited. That is why i offered my thoughts hopefully to help or maybe give you something to consider. Good luck.
    Malcolm maggeridge

Quote Originally Posted by twc01 View Post
    Positives

I love the pace of the game. Seems perfect.
    The line of sight is perfect. Keep it as it makes your game the only real accurate game and unique. I love the fact that smoke blocks vision.

Negatives

Just my opinion but the blue lines seem way to think and distracting. It takes from the immersion imo.
    Graphics. I know you are a small company but the units movements [not fluid it seems] and the corn really seem like they could use some work. Is their any chance of outside help with this area?

Conclusions

I hope to see some units engage each other to determine the staying power of units. One thing I cannot stand is like total war, units fight a few seconds and than run. I hope this is more like norb soft where units have staying power. I am already sold on this game and am very, very excited. That is why i offered my thoughts hopefully to help or maybe give you something to consider. Good luck.
    Thanks,

lines and circles can be separately disabled. Or turn off all of them and hide most of the UI panels too(many of them can be hide) for better immersion.

What you see is an early pre-alpha build, our biggest goal here is the performance, if we do a good job here, the more possible graphical updates we could add at some point. However, don´t expect any high-end graphics.

Stay tuned a new gameplay video will be out soon.
    Last edited by Haithabas; September 15, 2018 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks,

lines and circles can be separately disabled. Or turn off all of them and hide most of the UI panels too(many of them can be hide) for better immersion.

What you see is an early pre-alpha build, our biggest goal here is the performance, if we do a good job here, the more possible graphical updates we could add at some point. However, don´t expect any high-end graphics.

Stay tuned a new gameplay video will be out soon.
    we

ll than that sounds perfect, thanks very much. Look forward to the new video.
    Malcolm maggeridge

Game looks good, i just wont get it cause of the setting you picked, got zero interest in the civil war. I really loved the Seven years war game and was expecting another european war, maybe war of austrian or spanish succession, or the napoleonic wars even.

Anyways i wish you guys good luck on this project!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Game looks good, i just wont get it cause of the setting you picked, got zero interest in the civil war. I really loved the Seven years war game and was expecting another european war, maybe war of austrian or spanish succession, or the napoleonic wars even.

Anyways i wish you guys good luck on this project!
    Thank you! Maybe the next game of the series will be more interesting for you.

And as promised the Battle of Chickamauga.

Please keep in mind it´s Pre-Alpha content.

Keep up the incredible effort this definitely has potential. If its released on Steam you'll for sure get my purchase.
    Former Unteroffizier of the 1st East Prussian Infantry (M&B Napoleonic Wars). Currently the 1stEPI is active and recruiting on ARMA 3, as an Iron Front based WW2 German focused unit. Visit our website for more information on our great history, the modpack in use, and our current operations in progress at http://www.1stepi.com/.

If you'd like to know more about me then don't be shy it's the internet.

Pre-Alpha Battle Game Play: Perryville, Part I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZIt...ature=youtu.be

Pre-Alpha Battle Game Play: Perryville, Part II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kfe...ature=youtu.be

It still an alpha build and need more polishing, but all features are in. And at the same time, we continue our work on the campaign layer. Here is a teaser for those who have missed it:

On top of it Wargamer listed GT:CW as one of the most anticipated games of 2019:

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/wa...s-for-pc-2019/

Last edited by Leonardo; January 15, 2020 at 04:35 AM. Reason: YouTube tag fixed.

I just came across this the other day. I am already subscribed. This is the sort of combat realism I had hoped TW would morph into. The campaign looks incredibly promising. The path finding seems much better than other games of this type (e.g. Scourge of War and Seven Years War). Barring a turn for the worse, you have my money a soon as it is available.

Thank you!

The economy is just the beginning:

We release a dev blog every month for those who are interested.

In our latest Dev Blog, we talk about all the progress we made in the last weeks:

The Grand Summer Advance

Grand Strategy in Grand Tactician:

Dev Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast