Thread: Skins and Textures in Mods -- not working

Default Skins and Textures in Mods -- not working

Appearance of some individual soldiers models have blank / untextured red heads or white / blank and untextured parts such as the shoulder guards, sleeves, greaves, etc.

I have ran different mods separately and each of them (Vastator, unique, Moss, Radious, Darthmod) all have similar issues with textures and 3D models.

My computer stats are above the recommended specs and it still happens regardless of my graphic settings.

I am running the Mods through Steam workshop only. I am using an iMac with High Sierra. The game is from Feral Interactive because I am using it through Mac Steam store and there are two folders in the same directory: Feral Interactive [Shogun 2 > AppData] and Steam [with the normal common>Shogun 2>data] etc.

I have tried subscribing again and have tried uninstalling Shogun 2 altogether. Ca anyone help me if they know any possible reasons or solutions?

If this can't be resolved, are there any mods that can improve the gameplay or appearance such as the size of campaign and make it more in-depth with better maps/sieges etc. without using new skins or models for units? Or is there a way to turn them off on existing mods to try that way? I don't really know what I am doing as its my first mod since Third Age!

Thanks all

https://imgur.com/a/BBRzt61 gallery of screenshots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 23.56.52.jpg  

Default Re: Skins and Textures in Mods -- not working

Maybe the problem is that some textures are not in the appropriate folder.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Maybe the problem is that some textures are not in the appropriate folder.
    Could you please advise how I find textures and what location they should be in or what the appropriate folder is?

Quote Originally Posted by Meiousei View Post
    Could you please advise how I find textures and what location they should be in or what the appropriate folder is?
    Have you ever go inside a pack file (using PFM)?

No, I don't even know what PFM, sorry. This is the first time I have tried to use mods as I was always worried about breaking the game.

I have tried playing a different game recently (Football Manager) and I am having similar issues with textures of 3d models of footballers/people showing as blank textures without any textures.
    I don't know if this helps or not, but I thought it may be worth mentioning. Original textures on Shogun 2 seem to work fine though. I've felt like this could be something to do with where iMac Shogun 2 on Steam has folders (or extra folders by the looks of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Meiousei View Post
    No, I don't even know what PFM, sorry. This is the first time I have tried to use mods as I was always worried about breaking the game.

I have tried playing a different game recently (Football Manager) and I am having similar issues with textures of 3d models of footballers/people showing as blank textures without any textures.
    I don't know if this helps or not, but I thought it may be worth mentioning. Original textures on Shogun 2 seem to work fine though. I've felt like this could be something to do with where iMac Shogun 2 on Steam has folders (or extra folders by the looks of it)
    It's difficult explain if you never used mods before, nor ever looked in the files itself. Now, as you have a MAC. I can't be a help for that, as i have a Windows machine and i don't know if some file extension will be different or not. Try to look in the Tools and Tutorials sections on how to use some tools, before attempting to go in to the files.

Could you explain for Windows and I can at least see where the texture files should be? Maybe the extensions are incorrect or the file locations are incorrect since there are two Shogun 2 folders?

Has nobody seen this issue before? I can't be the only one that has had this happen

Thanks for replies izzi