Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrones of Britannia: Mod Questions & Recommendations

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Thrones of Britannia: Mod Questions & Recommendations

Thrones of Britannia: Mod Questions & Recommendations

Looking for that special mod, a mod that suits your needs, but you're new to the forums or you're just too damn lazy to look for it yourself? Ask away here! Even if you're just looking for the most popular mod at the moment, this is the thread to cover your questions.

Default Re: Thrones of Britannia: Mod Questions & Recommendations

Can we get the existing mod threads in these general discussion forums moved to the mod forums? Or should we recreate the thread there?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Can we get the existing mod threads in these general discussion forums moved to the mod forums? Or should we recreate the thread there?
    I've moved all the mods to what I think are the correct locations. If I moved your mod to the wrong location, report it and then repost it wherever it needs to be and I'll delete the wrong thread and merge any posts that were made.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Thrones of Britannia: Mod Questions & Recommendations

Looking for that special mod, a mod that suits your needs, but you're new to the forums or you're just too damn lazy to look for it yourself? Ask away here! Even if you're just looking for the most popular mod at the moment, this is the thread to cover your questions.
    Well, im really looking for a way to reduce foliage. Any chance on that? I see a lot of interest.

ceretic's Avatar Centenarius

Two ideas for mods. One straight forward. One not.

1. Faction Unlock - I am sure someone is working on it already but lets unlock a lot of those small factions. I am particularly interested in Cerneu, Powys, Suthseaxe, Defnas.... heck, all of them.

2. Roman Britain! Lets use this map and have a mod set in Iron Age Britain with all the various tribes named by Caesar (e.g. Catuvellauni, Iceni, Dumnonii, Brigantes etc) represented in it. There could be a role for the druids and potentially, a Roman invasion as a super powerful emergent faction. Perhaps there could be a Julian Invasion at the start of the game and then a Claudian invasion later on?

Some food for thought.
    "Morydd left not one man of the army alive, but ordered each to be brought before him, one after another, to be killed and then flayed; and he rested for a short while, and then had the others to be flayed alive and afterwards burned." Ystorya Brenhined y Brytanyeit, Jesus MS. LXI

I'd love a mod that would do the following:

1. Slow the game down so that building up provinces and actually splurging on expensive troops made a difference. Right now it feels like a steam rolling land rush. Make expanding more difficult & slow. Make large armies harder to maintain so that small armies & individual upgraded/elite units actually made a difference.

2. Make it so that the small factions aren't gobbled up in the first 50 turns.

3. Change the AI army behavior to prioritize self preservation over gobbling up every little town. You can easily bait the AI armies into disadvantageous situations by just posting your army outside his range but near a settlement, or move a small stack army to the edge of the AI's range. The AI will prioritize popping the settlement or attacking the small stack (which you can just retreat away). Then you can attack with favorable odds the next turn. The AI is almost suicidal with sending it's armies into bad odds. I dont recall Attila being the same.

4. A mod that makes the -10 Public Order penalty for occupation cumulative, each time you pop a settlement in the same province. So if you took two settlements in the same province on the same turn, the PO hit would be -20.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG4 View Post
    I'd love a mod that would do the following:

1. Slow the game down so that building up provinces and actually splurging on expensive troops made a difference. Right now it feels like a steam rolling land rush. Make expanding more difficult & slow. Make large armies harder to maintain so that small armies & individual upgraded/elite units actually made a difference.

2. Make it so that the small factions aren't gobbled up in the first 50 turns.

3. Change the AI army behavior to prioritize self preservation over gobbling up every little town. You can easily bait the AI armies into disadvantageous situations by just posting your army outside his range but near a settlement, or move a small stack army to the edge of the AI's range. The AI will prioritize popping the settlement or attacking the small stack (which you can just retreat away). Then you can attack with favorable odds the next turn. The AI is almost suicidal with sending it's armies into bad odds. I dont recall Attila being the same.

This is literally exactly my thinking, buildings need to be no exaggeration 10x as expensive once you move past tier 2, farms also need to be significantly less productive.

Winter should be way harsher on food, forcing you to disband units and rehire them in spring.

Corruption bonuses from Governors should be much lower, maybe max out at a 50% reduction instead of a 100% reduction.

Loyalty needs to be WAY more expensive to buy, and much harder to maintain.

Influence needs to be much harder to acquire, feasts need to be much more expensive.

Battles need to be much much harder on higher difficulties.

Bonuses from forges need to be much lower, they currently turn Fyrd into Beserker killers.

Invasion armies need to be armoured veterans, and come in greater numbers. Actually think it'd be cool if only one of the 3 invaded, but that they invaded in much greater strength (10 armies +). Be fun to actually fight a Norman kingdom, post establishment.

Army upkeep needs to scale somehow. One idea I had is make army upkeep much higher, but increase the buffs that King and Heir give to upkeep reduction. That means your first two armies are only sightly pricier, but your lategame multi-army campaigns are WAY more expensive. Maybe do the same for food.

Ruler mortality needs to increase (subjective opinion here but this is my preference) I want to use at least 3 kings in a campaign, rather than follow one.

Quote Originally Posted by DakkaDon View Post
    This is literally exactly my thinking, buildings need to be no exaggeration 10x as expensive once you move past tier 2, farms also need to be significantly less productive.

Winter should be way harsher on food, forcing you to disband units and rehire them in spring.

Corruption bonuses from Governors should be much lower, maybe max out at a 50% reduction instead of a 100% reduction.

Loyalty needs to be WAY more expensive to buy, and much harder to maintain.

Influence needs to be much harder to acquire, feasts need to be much more expensive.

Battles need to be much much harder on higher difficulties.

Bonuses from forges need to be much lower, they currently turn Fyrd into Beserker killers.

Invasion armies need to be armoured veterans, and come in greater numbers. Actually think it'd be cool if only one of the 3 invaded, but that they invaded in much greater strength (10 armies +). Be fun to actually fight a Norman kingdom, post establishment.

Army upkeep needs to scale somehow. One idea I had is make army upkeep much higher, but increase the buffs that King and Heir give to upkeep reduction. That means your first two armies are only sightly pricier, but your lategame multi-army campaigns are WAY more expensive. Maybe do the same for food.

Ruler mortality needs to increase (subjective opinion here but this is my preference) I want to use at least 3 kings in a campaign, rather than follow one.
    The Crucible of Kings mod has drastically improved the gameplay for me, adressing the first 2 points I made above. It makes the early game especially much more meaningful and rewarding.

For the love of God can someone write a quick mod that addresses the Border Wars penalty to War fervor? This seems to be way out of control, it never goes down. Maybe cut it in half or something...anything please!

I would like to see the BRIBING of armies and/or settlements to turn coats. I think this was a feature of some past games. Medieval II TW? Anyway, I'd like it back. It would be pleasurable to use the bribed units of the other nations.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Yep a very nice feature used in previous titles. I would like that too.

I would also like someone to make a mod that allows us to recruit all the types of units in the faction, not only the upgraded ones.

A DLC for Thrones of Britannia: The Norman Conquest.

Victory Conditions (espacially for MP)

Is there a way to mod these boring victory conditions in the multiplayer campaign? Cause there is only the fame victory for both players, so you cant form a new faction (like wessex to england, mide to ireland etc.). And after one of the players reached the 532 fame, the session immediately stops and kicks you back to the main menu...

i apologise if it was answered somewhere already. what mod does Darren use in his review here that makes campaign map so much clearer and better looking (30:53)?:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFCnDX_GNsM&t=30m54s

also, is there mods that do the same for Attila, Rome2?

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    i apologise if it was answered somewhere already. what mod does Darren use in his review here that makes campaign map so much clearer and better looking (30:53)?:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFCnDX_GNsM&t=30m54s

also, is there mods that do the same for Attila, Rome2?

thanks in advance.
    I'm pretty sure it's a graphic's preset like GEM with custom filters or just a Reshade.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a graphic's preset like GEM with custom filters or just a Reshade.
    thanks (You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Greek strategos again).
    i disliked GEM (seems to make everything blurry) but will look into reshade, which im unfamiliar with. please share any tips/recommendations on that front, if you can. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    thanks (You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Greek strategos again).
    i disliked GEM (seems to make everything blurry) but will look into reshade, which im unfamiliar with. please share any tips/recommendations on that front, if you can. thanks again.
    No problem. Well, I'm working on 3 custom Rehade Presets for DEI and Rome 2. You could surely use them for TOB too. I'll update them soonish.

I am looking for a mod that reduces corruption or caps it to 80% or something. Having conquered almost all of England with 88% corruption now, if I expand to new land my income goes down....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast