Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrones of Britannia: Mod Questions & Recommendations

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Thrones of Britannia: Mod Questions & Recommendations

Anybody know which are the must have mods as of right now? I haven't played in what feels like a year and just unsubscribed from everything I had to start fresh

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krieglord View Post
    Anybody know which are the must have mods as of right now? I haven't played in what feels like a year and just unsubscribed from everything I had to start fresh
    I just started a campaign with the Radious mod. Everything seems fairly well balanced. Still early on, will update in a few weeks.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    I just started a campaign with the Radious mod. Everything seems fairly well balanced. Still early on, will update in a few weeks.
    Awesome, will look forward to it, I downloaded Radious and most of the other top in the past 6 months and had it running fine lastnight much more stably then near launch and then went to start it up today and suddenly I keep getting an error saying my mods aren't playing well with eachother

Edit, nevermind I went back and looked through the comments of each mod and looks like some basic ones like a longbowmen unit were crashing games, got it working now
    Last edited by Krieglord; April 18, 2019 at 06:15 PM.

Laetus

As I only play the custom battles does anyone have any recommendations for a mod that extends these at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sennius Maximus View Post
    I am looking for a mod that reduces corruption or caps it to 80% or something. Having conquered almost all of England with 88% corruption now, if I expand to new land my income goes down....
    I too am looking for a mod that reduces corruption or simply removes it since it's so game breaking. Every campaign becomes unplayable after you take about 30% of the territories.

found this superb historical mod that converts ToB into the Norman Conquest campaign of 1066!

absolutely hooked, was playing virtually non-stop for the past several days. highly recommended!

btw, does anyone know of any mods that remove clouds? cant seem to find one for ToB. thanks

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Does it mean I should change my sig?

How does that mod measures against my criticism (any from the sig)?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 22, 2021 at 11:58 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Conquest 1066 doesn't fundamentally change game mechanics or games architecture, nor does it try to. the main changes are the date, characters, factions, couple of mechanics and new units. it essentially feels like lightly tweaked vanilla. i always thought ToB was a decent game so for me and my focus on historical settings, this mod is a real find. if people hated the ToB to begin with though, i suspect 1066 wont change their minds much.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

It seems that Shieldwall is really to be advertised now:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12