Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1188

Thread: Morality of abortion

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion

Default Re: Morality of abortion

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    That they would make late term abortions common and casual.
    Can you quote that?
    Under the patronage of Pontifex Maximus
    Check out the Post of the Fortnight Competition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Can you quote that?
    Can you not be disingenuous? That was the core point of the discussion in its respective thread. We aren't going to pretend the Moops invaded Spain, here.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Who said late term would be common.
    And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals. Amen.

Kyffhäuser's Avatar Libertus

If the father says abort, then yes. Then abortion is moral. I'm not sure it should be done inside the womb though, or carried to full term and left inna woods. However, this isn't a woman's decision to make alone. We see what that leads to. 15 keeds and a check for each of them.

This would coincide with sterilization for prisoners over the age of 21, who commit a felony or had a prior misdemeanor. I think we all make mistakes, men and women, and should be given until science says the brain has mostly developed, before snipping the tubes. If 21 is too generous for certain populations, then adjust.

I would see to reopening orphanages and asylums. Possibly replace immigrant labor in some farms with these children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyffhäuser View Post
    If the father says abort, then yes. Then abortion is moral. I'm not sure it should be done inside the womb though, or carried to full term and left inna woods. However, this isn't a woman's decision to make alone. We see what that leads to. 15 keeds and a check for each of them.

This would coincide with sterilization for prisoners over the age of 21, who commit a felony or had a prior misdemeanor. I think we all make mistakes, men and women, and should be given until science says the brain has mostly developed, before snipping the tubes. If 21 is too generous for certain populations, then adjust.

I would see to reopening orphanages and asylums. Possibly replace immigrant labor in some farms with these children.

I am not sure you understand what freedom of choice and freedom of privacy means.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Kyffhäuser's Avatar Libertus

If you think gaining the system by pooping out a dozen delinquents is a private matter, then I say you are the one who doesn't understand privacy. And if you think this is an individual's choice, I'm not sure you understand how babies are made. I think we begin with different concepts of freedom. It isn't that I don't understand those ideas.

Can you quote that?
    Your post around #1005 kinda suggests that. Prodromos's post #1003 also has a similar take on how casual it will be.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

"We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyffhäuser View Post
    If you think gaining the system by pooping out a dozen delinquents is a private matter, then I say you are the one who doesn't understand privacy. And if you think this is an individual's choice, I'm not sure you understand how babies are made. I think we begin with different concepts of freedom. It isn't that I don't understand those ideas.
    Medical records and decisions are always private unless you're a criminal, mentally insane, or manage to get one hell of a warrant pulled out on you.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Just like I said, people will be let off on charges of an illegal abortion of an unborn child. If domestic abuse results in the death of a baby, no charges for that will be valid. That’s just... wow

https://nypost.com/2019/02/08/accuse...uomos-new-law/

There are no protections for the unborn, and doctors’ duty of care to them has been violated.

Just like I said, people will be let off on charges of an illegal abortion of an unborn child. If domestic abuse results in the death of a baby, no charges for that will be valid. That’s just... wow

There are no protections for the unborn, and doctors’ duty of care to them has been violated.
    Your working example is a literal murder case?

Do better.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Here’s a case of non-fatal assault.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46994583
    Her former partner is facing charges of abortion in the first and second degree, as well as attempted murder and assault.

"The passing of RHA will likely exonerate him from those charges," she wrote. "Which will in turn lessen his sentence now that a judge has decided the case is going to trial and the new law will take effect prior to that date.

"Let that sink in. He will likely be convicted of the crimes he committed against me, but the loss of my daughter will be a non-factor to the law because she wasn't 'born and alive'.

"To clarify, I am neither pro-choice nor pro-life, I am very much neutral, because most things are never simply black or white."

Supporters of the RHA suggest that
    there are existing laws to punish domestic abuse, and the issue should be separated from abortion.
    You don’t care about unborn babies at all do you. “Do better”

Are you really saying that people who illegally cause abortion will face no charges whatsoever?
    The Armenian Issue

Yes

Here’s a case of non-fatal assault.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46994583

You don’t care about unborn babies at all do you. “Do better”
    You keep picking examples of actual criminal acts. But you seem to want to imply doctors that do this operations for their patients should face charges. Which is it. Find me an example where a doctor was facing these charges and now is facing nothing.

As I said, do better.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

What?!? Doctors haven’t been charged with illegal abortions in New York recently. The replies I’m getting are deliberately obtuse.

What?!? Doctors haven’t been charged with illegal abortions in New York recently. The replies I’m getting are deliberately obtuse.
    So in other words, you just take issue with...let me see if I have this right. Abortion being a public health issue in New York instead of criminal issue?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Yes thats correct!

Yes thats correct!
    From every person who's needed an abortion for their own health and had to fly somewhere to get it done to you: too bad so sad. I'm sure there's another unreasonable pro-lifer in this thread with a shoulder you can cry on.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Yes
    That's blatantly false. Just because something stops being a murder charge doesn't mean it can no longer be prosecuted.
    The Armenian Issue

What will illegal abortion be prosecuted under?

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 31 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast