Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 25 Playable Factions v1.0

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Default Re: All Playable Factions

Samio over at the modding Discord discovered how to unlock factions. I made a super quick guide over at the tutorials section of the forum along with a sample mod unlocking Welsh factions. Basically you just need to remove/comment out some lines to do with saving and loading in a script file. Saving and loading still works without the lines and the game no longer crashes when playing as a minor faction. Only crash I've had was clicking on the notification/reminder for assigning a provincial governer, you have to just dismiss it and do it manually instead.

One thing to note, I tried also making the viking factions playable but only half of them seem to appear in the menu (along with all the welsh ones I unlocked) but it might be because I made a mistake somewhere. It might also mean that there's a limit in how many you can unlock at once. The box expands as if to show more but not all of them appear.

Hello Rewinged. And what is the Discord link of those tutorials?

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

It's in the tutorial section of this forum as I said, Samio just messaged me on Discord with the discovery.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15619021

That's the link. It's just a rough guide but if you copy the script from the pack I attached on that thread and do the usual political tables and startpos edits (settings false to true) it should work fine
    Last edited by Rewinged; June 27, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

Ok, Thanks Rewinged! I will take a look at it, but the real problem is that it can't move the duplicated "political_parties" sections to another faction, so always appears the "dy_your_house".

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

YEah, but either way it works now without crashing and all politics works fine too So having it say dy_your_house is a good tradeoff I think haha. Next to work out is technologies and cultural stuff

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Just wondering if you've done any extra work on this yet? In the screens it looks like you already did the startpos stuff so all you'd need to do is include that edited script and it will work. I'm holding off doing it myself as I know you've had your name down to do this for a while, but people seem to really want more playable factions on the steam workshop page for my all Welsh playable factions mod

No, I don't have enough free time by job affairs, for create the faction traits, maps of menu, etc... Also, the script is not mine nor I don't have permission to use it. On the other hand, the problem of "dy_your_house" persists.

P.S: You are free to publish the mod you want, I don't understand what you are referring that you are waiting.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; July 02, 2018 at 03:14 PM.

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Okay no problems. I don't have much time myself but I'll try and get a bare-bones version out at least for now. The script is from the game, you are only deleting or commenting out some lines. Samio was the one who discovered it and he wanted the info shared to everyone so you do have permissions of course. If I do find time I'll get to work on it. I just didn't want to start working on it since this thread says 'work in progress', I'll share any work I do on it here though so when you have more free time you can take over it if you like. Thanks

Ok.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; July 08, 2018 at 01:19 PM.

Default Re: 25 Playable Factions v1.0

Released the first version of Playable Factions mod.

Steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1380189389
    Last edited by Miguel_80; July 09, 2018 at 02:37 PM.

Thank you very much Swiss Halberdier! Still have polish many things that can't be modified with the PFM. Let's hope CA release an Assembly Kit for the Thrones of Britannia.

I have added an alternative version with 12 turns per year in the campaign.

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1439110103

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Looks epic! to bad we can't put in the right family's for now.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Thank you PhilipO'Hayda! True, until CA doesn't release the Assembly Kit, those bugs can't be corrected, the PFM is very limited. There is no EsfEditor as in Empire or Napoleon.

I don't know if you guys noticed but the assembly kit is out now in the tools section of my steam library. I don't know if it includes the tools necessary for unlocking a faction, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Samio View Post
    I don't know if you guys noticed but the assembly kit is out now in the tools section of my steam library. I don't know if it includes the tools necessary for unlocking a faction, though.
    True, it's a provisional slot. In addition with jokes...

thanks for this awesome mod! it is what I 've looking for, could you please provide a non-steam link for the 12tpy version? thank you

can upload in medifire?

I prefer have my mod in Steam because it's better for me to update it, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast