Thread: What the actual :wub:- Entire Empire rebels

Default What the actual :wub:- Entire Empire rebels

Alright, so going along, it's 673 AUC, winter. One of my cities is being a pain in the ass and about to rebel, no big, part of being a Roman Empire...
    Hit next turn.
    Almost all of my governors are contemplating rebellion, almost every single inner city is openly rioting, loyalty, influence, etc. have all gone down in the toilet...
    What the hell is going on? A gradual rebellion, I could understand, but it's one turn! There's been no indications of disloyalty, my generals and governors have been pretty useful, and there's been almost no unrest except for Spain and some of the farthest-flung Dacian territories. Is this a scripted thing? Why the hell is everyone disloyal over one city rebelling?
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Default Re: What the actual :wub:- Entire Empire rebels

Aaaaah... the joy of second rebellion. I remember a previous campaign where I had so much fun, most epic reconquest ever ! I can imagine how you are feeling, I didn't know about this 2nd rebellion when it occured, I pulled my hair off battling in Italy but man... what a thrill. Besides, this is the event that brings you from Republic to Empire, with really cool traits for your generals.

In any case and if you want to do it this way, here is some indications to disable this rebellion I think. Thanks to ur-Lord Tedric from whom I get this intel (I think it was Tedric, my apologize if I'm mistaken )

Whether you're playing a 0turn (in the 'Play_Rome' folder) or, like all mine, playing 1turn (in the 'Play_Rome_One_Turn' folder); in the /data sub-folder, you will find a text file called:

'export_descr_character_traits' - I'm sure many of you are familiar with it.

Make a back-up copy, then...

Open this with Notepad (or similar) and 'Find' (Ctrl-F) the following Trait Trigger:

;------------------------------------------

Trigger Caesar_Rebellion1
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition FactionType romans_brutii
    and IsFactionLeader
    and not Trait HouseCaesar = 1
    and not Trait Dictator > 0
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii >= 85
    and I_TurnNumber > 2

Affects Caesar_Rebellion 1 Chance 5

;------------------------------------------;

For interest, you will note that there is a 5% chance that this will trigger every turn after you gain 85 Settlements. To simply disable it - change/edit the number '85' to '198' and the rebellion should no longer occur (Note: there are 199 Settlements, but you are not supposed to capture the Free People's (SW corner) or Gotland, the Rebels Home).

Because you are not changing the structure of the file, this will be .sav-compatible.

As an aside - it is possible that a player may never get the rebellion (capturing 130 settlements) - but only in 1:100 campaigns.

Please note: this is a personal post, I'm just a serious play-tester for the Team and they take no responsibility for any sub-mods (which effectively this is). Take care when editing the file and you should have no problems, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    Aaaaah... the joy of second rebellion. I remember a previous campaign where I had so much fun, most epic reconquest ever ! I can imagine how you are feeling, I didn't know about this 2nd rebellion when it occured, I pulled my hair off battling in Italy but man... what a thrill. Besides, this is the event that brings you from Republic to Empire, with really cool traits for your generals.

In any case and if you want to do it this way, here is some indications to disable this rebellion I think. Thanks to ur-Lord Tedric from whom I get this intel (I think it was Tedric, my apologize if I'm mistaken )
    Oh, this adds useful and interesting traits? And is how the actual Empire comes into being? Okay, I won't disable it.

Okay, any advice for surviving it, how I keep my Legions on my side, etc.?

Well, it's been a long time, I remember the trait "Emperor" or "Princeps" -obviously-, these ones following, and there must be others but can't say what they are.

If I remember well, the uprising of a certain amount of your cities -and generals- passed, your forces that are left will remain faithful to you and from there... haro !
    I don't really have advices... I would keep a stronghold from the territories that are left and reclaim my possessions from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    Well, it's been a long time, I remember the trait "Emperor" or "Princeps" -obviously-, these ones following, and there must be others but can't say what they are.

If I remember well, the uprising of a certain amount of your cities -and generals- passed, your forces that are left will remain faithful to you and from there... haro !
    I don't really have advices... I would keep a stronghold from the territories that are left and reclaim my possessions from there.
    Well, I only lost one legion (pity that it was my elite, very first one) to the rebellion's side. I conquered Spain with a senior citizen and III Augusta and have retaken almost all the rebel land, since they never took a legionary recruitment base except for one in Capua. The only remaining rebels are on the islands and the Balkan-ish area. So, not as scary as one might think if you have good generals and strong legions.

Nice job !

How should I end it ?! because it seems that they keep emerging.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Kronos View Post
    How should I end it ?! because it seems that they keep emerging.
    You are keeping your settlements happy, right?

Exactly and you want me to not do it i suppose ?!

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

The second rebellion is intended to be a "simulation" of the Caesarian Civil War and it's aftermath, when the Roman Republic was gradually abolished and finally the Emperors (Caesars) took the power. IMO the modders made a great, a wonderful job, considering the game's limitations, and this part of the Roman campaign is the MOST challenging part of it! Disabling the second rebellion is simply killing this mod...

So, in a player's viewpoint, the general anarchy when your entire "empire" collapsed, when you loose more than half of your provinces and lot of great generals and governors, when your money supplies are cut off, is a really pain in ...back, but that's it. You have to prepare for it. Keep an eye on your provinces counter and in the "civil war's eve" (when you took the 85'th province) be ready for it. Like Caesar... Spare some money (by stacking multiple buildings for construction), train some extra troops, train some good generals and don't let them to became governors, etcetera. Made some recruitment centers across your empire because you don't know which cities will rebelling. And don't worry , THIS is a great fun and a really challenge for a gamer...

Hit Rome and Italy first. In the very first turns I usually killed all the reconquered cities populations - for quick foundraising -; just take care to don't send your leader or heir to kill people. Send some henchmen for this.

Won't be easy but finally you'll get a great satisfaction. Your faction leader will became Imperator Caesar Augustus, will be peace an prosperity in your Empire and finally you'll have a chance to bring the Pax Romana in the entire known world!

Quote Originally Posted by ferike_2007 View Post
    The second rebellion is intended to be a "simulation" of the Caesarian Civil War and it's aftermath, when the Roman Republic was gradually abolished and finally the Emperors (Caesars) took the power. IMO the modders made a great, a wonderful job, considering the game's limitations, and this part of the Roman campaign is the MOST challenging part of it! Disabling the second rebellion is simply killing this mod...

So, in a player's viewpoint, the general anarchy when your entire "empire" collapsed, when you loose more than half of your provinces and lot of great generals and governors, when your money supplies are cut off, is a really pain in ...back, but that's it. You have to prepare for it. Keep an eye on your provinces counter and in the "civil war's eve" (when you took the 85'th province) be ready for it. Like Caesar... Spare some money (by stacking multiple buildings for construction), train some extra troops, train some good generals and don't let them to became governors, etcetera. Made some recruitment centers across your empire because you don't know which cities will rebelling. And don't worry , THIS is a great fun and a really challenge for a gamer...

Hit Rome and Italy first. In the very first turns I usually killed all the reconquered cities populations - for quick foundraising -; just take care to don't send your leader or heir to kill people. Send some henchmen for this.

Won't be easy but finally you'll get a great satisfaction. Your faction leader will became Imperator Caesar Augustus, will be peace an prosperity in your Empire and finally you'll have a chance to bring the Pax Romana in the entire known world!
    Beat down the rebellion. Next playthrough might edit the script as suggested, prevent it from happening and keep the Republic.

Exactly after crushing the rebellions you would look at your progress with pride