Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: RC 2.0 Ultimate Updates and Changes

Default Re: RC 2.0 Ultimate Updates and Changes

JActually Iíve never played with BGRV, though I hear great things about it and would like to, but at the moment itís not implemented in the first version of the release. Maybe in future, especially for the mini-campaigns, that would be great.Perhaps somebody could assist.
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 07, 2018 at 05:21 AM.

I'm glad to hear that
    Btw have you ever considered changing unit stats according to their in-battle morale? I mean reduced hit chance, defense skill and attack value. They could be decreased by 10-15% when shaken and up to 30% when wavering or smth like that, as well as an increase of those stats when 'fighting to the death'. I've seen it on another thread and thought it'd be an awesome idea since atm those traits don't matter at all afaik.

I'm not aware that that is actually possible? Would be nice though.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...W-ARCADE-SSHIP

There you have it, I don't really know how he did it, tho you'll prolly understand it better than me

Some interesting stuff but some of the other things look a bit unusual, at least at first glance.

FYI in the upcoming RC2.0 release I have included an optional sub-mod that can be selected at game start-up called 'Extended Combat'. It reduces the melee, missile weapon and cavalry charge kill rates, as well as reducing the climate heat factor so units don't become prematurely exhausted by the longer combats.

I have also included another optional sub-mod called 'Reduced Cavalry Charge Effect' which lowers the mass of all mounts, but be advised that this will stack with 'Extended Combat' if you have them both checked.

FYI the complete list of optional sub-mods is:
    2 Turns Per Year (WiP)
    Campaign AI: one of Lusted AI, Gracul AI, Savage AI (if anyone has any suggestions for new campaign AIs I am happy to consider them)
    Byg's Grim Reality II or IV
    KER (Kingdoms, Empires and Republics) or Next Heir Ancilliary
    DEYY Real Rebellion
    Rebel Generals Enhanced
    Twinbird's Nobility Mod
    Extended Combat
    Garrison Script
    Limited Activities
    Longer Assimilation
    Permanent Arrows
    G5 ReallyBadAI Hardcore Edition
    Reduced Cavalry Charge Effect
    Son of X

The SS Launcher contains a full explanation of the effects of each.

Plus, of course, about a billion other included sub-mods which I would have to search waaay back to find.

Campaigns:
    Early Era 1100
    High Era 1220
    Late Era 1370 (WiP)

Mini-campaigns, each with it's own custom map, events etc (still awaiting final debug, should be this week hopefully):
    The Reconquista 1146
    Italian City States 1280
    The Hundred Years War 1337
    The Italian Wars 1494
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 16, 2018 at 09:50 AM.

Have you ever took a look at KER (kingdoms, empires and republics) submod for SS?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Beta2-7-9-3-14

Actually that is very interesting because implementing something very much like that was on my to-do list for a future update. I wonder how easy it would be to include or if there might be conflicts with other mods? If its mostly traits and ancillaries etc it could be fine.

Thanks, I will investigate and see if I can get it into this release!

edit: OK I think it's done, will include the developer in the release credits
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 16, 2018 at 09:54 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi PB,
    have you implemented also the Bug fix compilation?
    JoC

OMG! No I haven’t. But I am a bit wary of bug fixes, sometimes they create more bugs. Do the fixes alter specific lines in the target files, or just replace the entire file with the ‘fixed’ version? There have been so many changes I would be a bit concerned about the latter case.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't know, but Meloo and his compilation had a very good reputation - I've read people writing that it was fundamental to implement it. I think his changes replace entire files thus it's too late for you to implement it wholesale. Furthermore, there're many fixes to the units that I imagine you've changed in your mod. Maybe you can go through the list of changes and see what you're missing, I don't know.
    A bit more general thought: I wonder how the many minimods you're listed below will work together in practice. My experience is rather negative. Eg. I've tried to play Titanium that made it possible to have many minimods, but then it has proved to be impossible to play it - very frequent CTDs. This is also the experience of some other players.
    I keep my fingers crossed your mod will prove something different.

So far the sub-mods seem to combine ok, but we will have to see how things work out yes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4