Thread: Permission to use unit models

Default Permission to use unit models

Hello guys!
    I red the announcement about the permissions by Mr. Crow and need a clarification. Does that mean that we can use any unit of Bellum Crucis? I mean not just that of the 7.0 version but the ones of the previous versions too. Of course with the adequate credits and not selling them by any means. To explain it further, I'm making a submod for Medieval 2 Total War Ferrum Aeternum mod. Right now, I am reworking the rosters of the catholic factions, and I found that the unit cards of Bellum Crucis 6.3 fits quite well with Ferrum Aeternum, so I started using units and unit cards from this version. I'm also planning to use some units from Bellum Crucis 7.0, like the Ghibelline Spearmen (Mi piace tantissimo il Sacro Romano Impero in Bellum Crucis ) and a few others. So, I need to know if I can use the 6.3 models and cards. This is going to determine if my submod will be public or private.

Whatever your answer, I want to thank you in advance.

Default Re: Permission to use unit models

hi there..

although I'm moderator of BC, I'd like that Mr.Crow gives the final permission.. most unit models and graphics were done by him, so it's good to see what he says, although the free permission should already be enough..

From my part, instead, you can take whatever you want from the BC Enhanced submod, giving credits in your mod is already enough..

Thank you very much for answering. Two years ago, Mr. Crow said: "Thus, from today, I release to the public, as free-to-use material, the models and the textures of Bellum Crucis 7.0, of CSUR and of WARWAGONS, in the hope that they would result useful to someone." I just need to know if this includes the models from BC 6.3. I guess it does, but wanted to be sure about it. Also, thank you for offering me your own material, I it is very generous. I will check your submod, after the release the first version of my own submod, which I was going to call FA (Ferrum Aeternum) Enhanced submod

Have a good day and....grazie mille

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

As far as I know Mr.Crow has given the final permission already and all he requires is credit.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

So seems I can take some units from 6.1 version for my Westeros reboot project?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!