Thread: Rome 2 horses looks lame

Default Rome 2 horses looks lame

anyone agree they look like horses made of sticks? you know the one children play on?

I wish they would change that, see for example in witcher 3, those horses are realistic and pretty.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: Rome 2 horses looks lame

Quote Originally Posted by suvorov777 View Post
    anyone agree they look like horses made of sticks? you know the one children play on?

I wish they would change that, see for example in witcher 3, those horses are realistic and pretty.
    They look fine to me. Actually quite beautiful to watch at times.

Also bear in mind that a game like Witcher 3 isn't going to involve mass cavalry charges of hundreds if not thousands of horses on screen at the same time, and therefore can invest a lot more game resources into rendering and animating the individual animals. These sort of things have to be scaled depending on the requirements of the project, but roughly speaking the more of something that needs to be shown on screen at one time, the less detailed each individual one will be to avoid slowing things down too much or causing your computer to melt.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Last edited by Welsh Dragon; April 30, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

its also the way the rider sits, they sit straight as if they are driving a car when the horse is galloping. thats just ridiculous. See horse races on youtube and you will see what i mean.

Plus the tail doesnt wave. If you watch the horse races on youtube, youll se that horses tail waves when galloping. Its a detail which wasnt forgotten in Shogun 2.

Honestly I never noticed anything bad about the horses.

And usually in the middle of battle never occurred to me to watch the tails of the horses.

They look pretty great.
    Some of the horse charges in this game are brutal.

You cant expect the same kind of detail and animations as you find in an RPG which only has to worry about one horse at a time.