Thread: Potter returns

Default Potter returns

After a brief hiatus we're going to get things restarted with a 1-2 year timeskip from the escape of Grindelwald. Exact story details will be hammered out later, but what I'm thinking is that due to their shared extreme failure in allowing Grindelwald to escape, all of our characters are sacked from the ministry and each take the time to go their separate ways and do something in the interrim. I'm thinking even some solo RP for each charcater for a chance to gain some sort of bonus. Then, we have a sort of "get the band back together" moment in order to more effectively combat the evil forces arrayed before us (I have some specific things in mind for this)

To do list:

1. Get a forum finally set up for this
    2. Overhaul the duels (automatic defense values, hit points, and bad guy profiles)
    3. Tweak traits

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Potter returns

I'm happy to play and do what I can to help you tweek rules. Potter is the best rp I've played on this site in some time.

It might also be worth storyboarding a bit here, like for those who want to do that side RP for the year hiatus what goals there would be for the character, who would moderate for them, etc. We can start to piece together what we're going to be doing.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Just tell me what you guys need, in terms of forum layout and anything else, and I will get it all squared away.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

Iv'e enjoyed potter immensely so far and look forward to picking up the campaign.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Just tell me what you guys need, in terms of forum layout and anything else, and I will get it all squared away.
    Just a forum dedicated to the game I suppose. Easy enough as designating it as Beyond Potter as far as I'm concerned

In the interrim, Penelope would have taken the opportunity to pursue the assassins of her husband, turning into a somewhat rogue assassin of her own. She has applied her meticulous attention to detail and mastery of dueling to her own needs following her sacking from the ministry. She returns occasionally to the area she discovered in Wales to confer with Morgana, though she has fallen well out of contact with her colleagues, all except Glenn.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Glenn has taken the opportunity to continue trying to master his lycanthropy, perhaps even using his previous training as an animagi to try and master his ability to transform into his lycan form as if it were that of a traditional animagi. In addition, he did his best to mend his relationship with his father, and spent some time getting in contact with various members of his extended family, trying to reason with them that following Voldemort was the wrong path. Those who seemed receptive to his message were shown mercy and forgiveness, even though he knew they may have helped lead to his mother's demise, but it was something he had to do as a part of his quest for self-mastery. Those who refused to repent were met with his fury. It made little difference - he was already a monster in the eyes of most of society anyway. Even as he struggled to master his newfound wild impulses, or at least channel them further towards accomplishing a positive goal. He made sure to take the time to keep in contact with Penelope the whole time, as they would meet up and discuss their individual searches, the general state of the wizarding world, and discuss how they could still make an effort to change it.

Sounds like a good back story

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

I'm thinking that not wanting to be caught unprepared again Edmund has set out to reforge his body and to hone his skills; I'm also thinking that he would seek out a mentor. The best person I can think of for that is Nicolas Flamel.

So he will be spending a lot of time working out and honing his reflexes while also trying to deepen his knowledge of potions, perhaps taking journeys to remote parts of the world to find rare potion ingredients. Maybe even attempting to use some of these potions to augment his body further?

Edmund is gonna get ripped
    Que Rocky montage

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

WIP

New Duel Rules

1. An attack is made
    2. Based upon defense values, the spell will either hit or miss
    3. If the spell hits, damage will be assessed based on the power of the caster. Offensive value divided by 2.

Base Values
    NPC Values:

Level I

Defense: 8
    Offense: 8

Level II

Defense: 10
    Offense: 10

Level III

Defense: 12
    Offense: 12

Level IV

Defense:14
    Offense: 14

Level V

Defense: 16
    Offense: 16

PC Values:
    Variable

PC Values Menu

Players have 15 extra points to add to their base Level II start.

Defense Against the Dark Arts: Duels

Offensive:
    Defensive:

....I feel like I'm losing my focus here. I'm getting values for duels but I'm forgetting the other stuff we discussed. I want other values based on what we try to do, maybe something like persuasion (legilimency/occlumency) or escape, or fortification (hexes/charms)

Campidoctor

Long time no see, but I'd be always up for a Potter RP.