Thread: 1300 New Era event, hand gunners available in cities but no option to recruit them

Icon5 1300 New Era event, hand gunners available in cities but no option to recruit them

So I'm playing as the Moors VH/VH and I've conquered Spain, Italy, Ireland, half of France and half of England. I just won the campaign and the very next turn the 1300 event happened. I was very excited to implement gun powder in my armies and finally crush Genoa and Denmark. Buuuuuuut I can't recruit them. I go to my cities and right click the militia barracks and it says 2 are available. But in the recruitment tab they are not there. I also have no option to build gunsmiths. Furthermore, shouldn't I have crossbow cav a this point? I remember using them with the moors a long time ago but maybe that was in vanilla. Other factions have them and I have the highest stables available but they aren't there.

Default Re: 1300 New Era event, hand gunners available in cities but no option to recruit them

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: 1300 New Era event, hand gunners available in cities but no option to recruit them

oops. I didn't show the recruitment tab sorry.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Try demolishing the structures and rebuilding them.

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Try demolishing the structures and rebuilding them.
    will try that right now, thank you