Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the craic with them lads?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's the craic with them lads?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    There's been multiple attempts over the years to reach out to CA, and we've always been given the cold shoulder or given promises that never come to fruition. Just wanted to clear that up.

Hex reaching out again is unlikely to be successful, imo. However, maybe a show of force from the membership would make a difference. If there were a decision in the Curia recommending some sort of action with a large turn out of votes, that could be a powerful statement. I'm remembering the time where the Curia recommended TWC purchase the Rome Total War game engine.
    It was the same in my day, eventually we just gave up, realising the much vaunted ‘gold affiliate status’ was meaningless. It didn’t hurt us and really kickstarted one of our most successful periods. Though endorsement would be welcome.. The problem has always been not wanting to burn bridges, but for that to matter those on the other side have to need a bridge I’m the first place. I think we’re in a period where they don’t.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The issue with CA is not a new thing to most, hex especially, myself on the more personal level as well, and while I have plenty of thoughts on the matter here and there, I think the more important focus for TWC should be becoming that TW fansite again. Working with the TW community as a whole (outside of TWC) to make the site better. Going to CA and asking them to like us again accomplishes nothing for either of us.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Forget CA, "we" are on our own....

Besides, if you are not playing the latest TW-games like Attila or later releases, you don't
    really need CA, and CA have made it perfectly clear that they don't need "you" either...

That's my "humongous" words of wisdom on this topic!

- A

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Ι don't wanna be pessimistic, but I should tell you that CA also abandoned the Official Total War Greece distributor which is Zegetron.They don't answer to our messages or they message back after a week or so. They also stopped promoting early access, free keys, preview copies etc. I don't know why, but after Warhammer 1 our relationship keeps degrading for no apparent reason. I personally worked too much helping CA in Greece through Zegetron and we have established a healthy relationship during the previous years, but now it seems they just don't care, to put it modestly.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 04, 2018 at 07:28 AM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

So if anyone wants something to be salty about, there's a Warhammer modding discord (its not even THE official one, just one of them) that has CA people visit it (idk how often) and presumably interact with people/take feedback.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

We don't know if it's CA's decision alone or Sega involved in but they seem to be moving away from forums and if one day they close their own Official forum I won't be surprised.

In fact they probably are on a testing phase (with no-official Total War: Arena forum, thou WG is involved in there too) if this new Reddit-Discord-Twitter etc. so-called social media approach works.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    We don't know if it's CA's decision alone or Sega involved in but they seem to be moving away from forums and if one day they close their own Official forum I won't be surprised.

In fact they probably are on a testing phase (with no-official Total War: Arena forum, thou WG is involved in there too) if this new Reddit-Discord-Twitter etc. so-called social media approach works.
    Yep. I agree. They seem to favor other media approaches, evidently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12