Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C-l...ew?usp=sharing Scotland up.

The great Welsh host reached the walls of Chester. War had finally been brought onto the Norwegians. Laying siege, the small skirmishes that follows came. However, unbeknownst to the Welsh the first skirmish would be the last. The archers were sent forward, and fired a few volleys onto the troops stationed at the wall, to keep them on their toes. However, soon after returning to camp, a white flag was raised on the battlements. The city gates opened, and out marched 46 Norwegian conscripts, the remainder of the token garrison left behind to guard the city while the Norwegian main army marched further in. Chiglas Cynfyn rallied his bodyguard to him, and marched forward to meet them. They halted ten feet from each other, where the Norwegians promptly dropped their arms, surrendering to a force they had no hope of defeating. Chester was taken!

Meanwhile, to the west another force was marching north. From the Welsh southlands a large host had marched for days, full of anger and bringing the Welsh fury with them. After many nights with little rest, the force could finally relax.

The great walls of Caernarvon stood before them. It still hurt to see the Norwegian banners flying from the battlements, though it should soon end. They encircled the great fortress, and laid siege. Catapults fired into the enemy ranks, and archers shot in. The fortress would fall from the Norwegians soon, and come back into Welsh hands, where it belongs. Ladders, towers and rams were being constructed, and the troops were eager to reclaim their land. The Norwegians would no longer expand and bring war to all those who do not deserve it. War had come to them.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Also, I must say that the RP has been a tad lackluster lately. RP hotseats are supposed to be different to normal ones, here we play for content for the RP, not just to play. So I suggest we strive to improve, eh? Even if nothing happens, one can make things up to add nuance and depth to the world we play in. And there's no such thing as "Oh, this isn't that good, I'd rather just not post this bit of RP". Any RP is good! So why don't we strive to increase the level here a notch or two, eh? I'm sure we're all able to come up with some great stuff, making sure everyone has a great experience in the HS, be it they do well in-game or not
    Last edited by King Athelstan; November 10, 2018 at 05:13 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Ireland https://drive.google.com/file/d/11OB...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-_G...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B6P...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-T7...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/10XU...ew?usp=sharing

All hail prince magnus, for he has launched yet another victorious attack in Britannia!!!
    While he was quite bitter after being defeated in battle against the baron king he could say it was a necessary battle in the end because it lured the barons army away from his mainland leaving his cities undefended which in the end lend to his bankruptcy and the desertion of his men.
    Magnus only wanted to capture an English castle to establish a foothold on the mainland, but the Barons alliance was too stubborn to accept any northerners setting foot on their land... Magnus has gotten a lot of experience through the years and knew that the best defense against an enemy, is an even greater offensive.

After the four spies snuck into Lincoln and bribed the guards to open the gate the vikings soon marched up to the settlement demanding the guards give up, but they did not and it was a bloody battle, not very long as the town militia couldn't stand a chance against the hardened warriors of Norway.

On the western front in wales, Godafrid of Haderselv had prepared to sail to the southern parts of England to strike the undefended towns of Wales.
    But Godafrid had to sail back to shore to fight of the Welsh army laying siege to Caernarvon as he could not let such a strategic point fall into the enemy. Again there was a bloody battle, but this time it wasn't short. They fought long and hard and due to the Welsh army being led by a common soldier the northerners caught the momentum securing the retreat of the welsh army.

Now as the barons land is secured the Northerners can start repairing the cities and let the people live in peace once more.
    Messengers has been sent out to Wales trying to establish a peace treaty as their ally whom they tried to defend is no more, if they'll accept is yet to be seen...

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Blog Entries

The Welsh were beaten. The men had marched for days, and finally reached Caernarvon, only to have their hopes and dreams shattered. The situation was hopeful, they outnumbered the Norwegian defenders by far. But as the moved onto the city with ladders, towers and rams the unexpected happened. The unexpected that should have been expected. The Norwegians, who came to these isles in their longships and came to Caernarvorn in longships came again in longships. The defenders had managed to send word that they were under siege, and a nearby raiding fleed full of savages made landfall upon the coast, and quickly marched to defend the great fortress. The Welsh were outnumbered and outflanked, and the catapults did not have time to breach a hole in the wall ere the Norwegians fell upon them. The Welsh fought valiantly, but were pushed back and had to retreating, leaving their equipment behind. Dismayed, the troops marched back towards home. T'was a dark day, a red day. The sun fell on Welsh corpses. More Welsh corpses would litter the fields of Caernarvon before the war was done, and many Norwegian too.

Source

The Great Northern army did not advance from Chester, as the Norwegians had many men to the west and North, and it would not do to be outflanked so heavily. First Caernarvon had to be reclaimed, then the true war could continue. The battle was lost, but the war was not. The Scots pressed on, the oh so brave Scots. We pray they do well in the coming weeks, for the fate of the Isles depend on it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XyU...ew?usp=sharing
    and Peaman

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

were there two catapults in the kings army taking that castle?
    asking since you showed one and the required amount is two

Sorry for being late, Ireland up https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xjM...ew?usp=sharing
    pics:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nb_...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mPG...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WuJ...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hkJ...ew?usp=sharing

"Lenge Leve Lars Masson!" the viking warriors shouted at the shore of York... While Prince Magnus never received a reply from the Welsh about the peace offer that was made he made sure not to let his guard down, so he had order Lars Masson, the legendary Northern commander to patrol between the western and eastern shore of what was previously Barons land. It was only when Lars was marching towards York he had received a letter from one of the many agents stationed in the British mainland that the Prince commander of Wales had arrived on the eastern shore of York trying to get a surprise attack on the great city.

The march towards the shore was long and exhausting for the men but they got just in time to intercept the Welsh army. Once the enemy had spotted the great Viking host they readied their weapons and got in formation to try and pull of a defensive. But Lars knew that a hard shock attack would surely get their morale to drop as they had just disembarked from ships and as he suspected the Welsh had succumbed to sea sickness... Fighting at their best the warriors of the north cut down the welsh with great success and when half their army had tasted the bitter end of life the rest dropped their weapons pleading for mercy...

It is well know in Lars's northern culture that a great attack is the best defense, and he can not show signs of weakness against this enemy who refuses to stop their attacks... The men were cut down with no mercy and the Princes head were put in a bag to be carried by Lars as he promised his men that he'd deliver it to the Welsh king himself...

Lars has set course towards the eastern part of British mainland now, as reports have shown that it is nearly undefended and easy prey for the perfect defense.

With Lars's departure in the western part of Britannia Prince Magnus had called for a coastguard to be assembled, protecting all vital settlements from any attack that might come from the Welsh.

Still surprised about the Scottish deciding to break their unformal alliance with the Northerners an army has been assembled in the north...
    But their ships has been defeated and soon to be sunk by the Sea kings

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

As the Irish forces approach Athenry, King Brian’s wisest and most experienced general, Connor O’Brien laughs at the pitiful force arrayed against him. Ordering his catapults to set fire immediately upon the small wooden ringed fortress surrounding the town he easily shatters the walls and the irish troops come pouring in.
    The barbaric Norwegians find themselves pinned in from both sides as villagers’ stream out into the town square eager to liberate themselves from these foreign invaders. In total a clear victory for the Irish and an excellent start to reclaiming their land!

Lifford: a small castle on the northern coast of the Emerald Isle, but one of vital importance. Prince Domnall is eager to strike hard and fast to reclaim these lands for his father, family, and countrymen. Using the catapults to batter down the gates he is keen to make sure the walls are intact and soon he surges head first into the fray cutting down Viking raiders left and right. Once the deed is done, he sends a dispatch rider to King Brian to inform him of the glad tidings and await further orders.

Wales up!
    http://www.filedropper.com/tioc2wales15
    Last edited by themzr; November 19, 2018 at 11:43 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

Blog Entries

I'll need an extension till tomorrow morning
    and Peaman

Since we are three players and an admin i think it is fine to be a little loose on turn timers, as long as it doesnt take a week haha

Blog Entries

A week it won't be, since I'm already late here a few hours more wouldn't be that much of a difference. Did two other turns this morning, this one shall be done once I receive some answers
    Last edited by King Athelstan; November 23, 2018 at 10:30 AM.
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Scotland forever https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tyc...ew?usp=sharing

Blimey, this had been a tough few weeks. The Barons were out of the fight, the Norwegians were pressing hard and both advances the Welsh had made were repulsed. Welsh was beaten back, but not broken. The Norwegians had the mightiest armies and the mightiest fleets. but their fleets could not patrol everywhere, and isolated Norwegian ships have been sunk by Welsh boats. The Welsh were never the masters of the sea the Norwegians were, but they were determined and steadfast. Both the battles went largely the same. The ships closed in, missiles hailing in both directions. They made contact, and attempted to board each other, but ultimately the higher decks of the Welsh ships carried the day, defeating a ship far in the east and one blockading a Welsh port. They Norwegians both faced larger Welsh forces and utterly decimated, their ships burnt and broken.

However, this small victory will not win the war. What will win the war is the renewed wars on other fronts. Long have the Welsh been the only ones standing against the Norwegians, fighting desperately while seeing their closest ally fall before them, with naught that can be done to stop it. But now the rest of the Isles have answered the call to arms the Welsh made so long ago. No longer standing on the sidelines, King Llewellyn rejoices at the news before him. The Scots have taken up arms and will once again stand up for themselves, tired of hundreds of years of Vikings pillaging their shores. The Irish too have entered the fight, reclaiming Ireland for Ireland, putting Athenry under the rule it truly belongs too. There is still hope against the Norwegians, with the Isles united against them.

The Isles have always been a place of chaos and total war, with Welsh, Irish, Scots and Englishmen at constant odds. However, now, faced with a threat to their very lives, having pressed on their terror on the isles it brings a tear to the eye to see how the Isles can rise up together. Much blood has been shed. Much blood will be shed. But there will be no end to the shedding til The Norwegians have been driven back to their own shores, or all of Britannia is alight with the flames of war. Once again, Britannia marches to war.
    and Peaman

Norway: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g61qr...ay_15.sav/file

The reclaiming of Scotland continues

-Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Captainnorway View Post
    Since we are three players and an admin i think it is fine to be a little loose on turn timers, as long as it doesnt take a week haha
    Play when you have time, not a biggy. We could probably talk Norwegian too...

-Stannis Baratheon

Blog Entries

There's still 1 non-Norsk here though, but aye, it's quite a concentrated amount of Norwegian Hotseaters in one spot
    and Peaman

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Blog Entries

Scotland up! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FYy...ew?usp=sharing

The Norwegians are bearing down on the shores of the land, but the fight is not over yet. Troops are mustering, forces are gathering and the Welsh will not go down without a fight. While outnumbered and outflanked, the Welsh push on, putting the stealthy tactics so perfected against the English to good use.

A small force marched all through the night. Dragging a catapult with them was a hard task, but they in the end they came to their goal, a small Norwegian border fort. In dead silence, the small but experienced band of troops snuck up to the walls. The catapult was set up, and started throwing rocks towards the defenders. The fort was in full alarm, but the walls fell quickly. The defenders were few, and spread out, and thus the Welsh could rush through the breach and swiftly take them down. The fort was taken, though it was just a small step in the larger puzzle.
    and Peaman

-Stannis Baratheon