Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: {HS RP} The Isles of Chaos II - British Isles - Roleplaying AR

Ireland https://drive.google.com/file/d/16FL...ew?usp=sharing

The King is dead, the news had reached every Norwegian within the British Isles. Prince Magnus, now King Magnus had no time to grief the death of his father for he had a war to manage.
    Even if it is a dark time for the Norsemen they could not stop their defense against the war mongering Welsh and the backstabbers of Scotland, instead they'll push their revered defense up and increase the intensity of the attacks.

In the north the defense against the scots has had great success, Knut Haakonsson sailed to shore with his men of fierce warriors and set camp in the tree lines, watching the enemy and catching up on their rutines.
    He sent out some agents waiting for their more detailed report. The city was well defended and they had hard times scouting as the enemy city was filled with their own intelligence agents.
    Knut knew it was a risky attack, but with the recent fall of the King he would show that the norsemen is not weakened by such a loss. He gave his men the choice to stand behind or march on the city with him, no man hesitated to take up arms and march with him. They reached the city gates, the scots did not fear them as the norsemen had no way to breach the walls or climb the walls.
    Laughter came form within the walls until the gate started to rumble. In panic the scots didn't know what was going on and before they had the chance to set up a defense they were face to face with the fierce warriors of Knuts host.
    The battle was short and heavily favored on the Northern side... Many civilians died and they would learn the hard way that you can not betray the word of Magnus without being punished.
    Knut walked up to the gatehouse, met with faces of dead scots who didn't see it coming. Two Norwegian men stepped out of the shadow, they were rewarded greatly for their job.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yJG...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kbu...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PSE...ew?usp=sharing

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hear ye, Hear ye. Derry has revolted to the Irish Crown once again. Please by this news King Brian musters the armies of Ireland and prepares to march northward. He has been waiting for many moons for this time to come and is eager to crush his enemies. The slumbering dragon has been awakened and the Irish war machine marches on....

http://www.filedropper.com/tioc2wales17
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

The Welsh guerrilla was a fierce force. Retreating from superior numbers, and attacking the enemy where weak. Heralded by trumpets, all over the lands the Welsh forces prepared for battle against the Norwegians, though nothing would happen this turn. Or so one would think. Chester, the oh so sought after town had now become a multicultural hub. Owned by the Barons, taken by the Norwegians and then taken by the Welsh. Then taken by the Norwegians. And now, again, taken by the Welsh. It was darkest night, and there were many in that little town that did not quite like the Norwegians. They didn't care who ruled them. The English, then the Barons when they revolted. They were good people to their own. English not so much to others, but that was for the Welsh to hate. But the Norwegians were not so kind. They were brutal, and the people wanted them gone. And so, a network was established for the people to overthrow their Norwegian masters. Welsh experts were summoned, and in the dead of the people broke out in open revolt. There was chaos in the streets, and a well-executed plan took place. A small, Welsh guerrilla force snuck in, and amidst the chaos armed the rebellion and slaughtered the garrison.

Chester was liberated, and free. This, and the previous turns fort battle was why the people did not give up hope. Yes, the Norwegians pressed on and advanced. London would fall (Or so the Norwegians think, seeing it "empty"), and the Scottish were being beaten back.
    But the Irish attacked, and the Welsh attacked. The Irish did not give up hope, and they were making steady progress in reclaiming their isle. In no time they would bring the fight to the Norwegian heartland itself, lest the Norwegians send forces to do fight back, something they had not. Instead, they had pressed on and attacked the Welsh. But the Welsh were resisting, and these battles proved it. Soon a great victory would come, and the Norwegian banners would be burned, their longships burned, their axes burned and their soldiers burned. The Isle was in a state of guerrilla warfare, but large, decisive battles would come.

Scotland
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Happy new year hope you didn't mind me taking my time, wanted a little break from hotseating

Ireland https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rui...ew?usp=sharing

London taken with OW ods
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecF...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xF5...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JEj...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11rU...ew?usp=sharing

also remembered that sabotages are horrible to fight against

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Are we allowing sabotages?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

it says so in the rules, 70% needed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Blog Entries

The Norwegians had pressed on. The Irish had made peace. Scotland was in trouble. Yet the Welsh pressed on, as they always do. Relentless fighting for hundreds of years, opposing invaders.
    The Sherwood forest was alight with fire, along with the rest of Britannia. War reached every corner of the realm, giving no quarter. However, while large battles hadn't happened for quite some time, the Welsh Guerrila warfare went on. Chester was taken once again, then abandoned as the Welsh could not hope to hold it in the face of so vastly superior forces. This was continued further east, deep in the heart of England.
    And so it came to be that a small band of stout warriors was walking through the woods. They had the intent of harassing the invading Norwegian forces wherever they would be found, and so they did. Late at night the party marched in silence, for reports had come from nearby villages of Norse raids. Therefore, the Welsh saw a campfire in the distance, and they approached it. They heard barmy singing, and they sneaked closer. There they saw a Norwegian band of Viking raiders, feasting on meat and raping women. The sound of their guttural language was barbaric, and the Welsh peeked ever closer, before a horn blared and they fell upon the Norwegians. The battle was short and fierce, and the Norwegians fled in terror from the roaring Welsh. Not many Welsh fell, as the vikings in their terror did not dare offer resistance.

The skirmish was won, and another small loss for the Norwegians. It may not be much in the grand scheme of war, but any and all victory was crucial to the Welsh morale.
    The fire slowly burned out into the night, and as the Welsh marched on the howling of wolves was heard behind them...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/168b...ew?usp=sharing
    and Peaman

Did you take the picture with your phone?

Blog Entries

Screenshots no longer save on my computer. I press f12, and at the bottom right a small "saving" appears, but when I go to look in th folder it's empty, which I only saw while making my post. Thus, emergengy measures were required
    and Peaman

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Blog Entries

This turn brought no turns of events. The Welsh were in steady regress, Norwegians pushing further in. Same procedure as every year. Some battles lost, but a small ambush won. A Norwegian lord, Øystein heard of the ambush against the small Norwegian band of pillagers. They rushed forward, and found the small Welsh band ready to fight. Not to win, but to fight. They fought for a while, then scattered into the woods, with the raiders unable to chase them down. They settled for the victory, and made camp. That however, was when they were stricken.

Spears were hurled, and arrows flew. A Welsh force larger than the previous, but still outnumbered by the Norwegians had once again pulled off a successful ambush. The fight didn't last long, and as the Norwegians fought they were pressed back. They suffered heavy casualties, and before Øystein could even comprehend what just happened, the forest went quiet. A few dead Welsh, a lot of dead Norwegians. No birds chirped. No sound of fighting. There was only silence. A dreadful silence. The Welsh had retreated before the Norwegians could properly organize themselves. The war wasn't over yet.

Scotland https://drive.google.com/file/d/1860...ew?usp=sharing

and Peaman

-Stannis Baratheon

I'll get this done on Monday, i've been testing and scouting a bit and i can tell you that the title "Prince of Wales" is a dangerous one to have
    Scotland seems to be bleeding out too and soon they wont be able to hold anymore

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

King Brian watches the rowboat depart from flagship and sail east into the sunset. “Farewell and safe voyage” he calls to the Norwegian dignitary. Eager are both Ireland and Norway to finalize their agreement that will see a new reign of peace and prosperity span across the British Isles. That night he would sleep better than he had in a long time.
    The next morning, he instructs his admiral to chart a path north through the Emerald Straight. With a legion of elite troops at his disposal and the entire royal navy at his command, little can stop this lean green fighting machine .

Wales: http://www.filedropper.com/tioc2wales20

Blog Entries

Cymru am byth

So be it. These Isles would find no peace. The foul Norwegians had pressed their advance, and pushed on hard, defeating the Welsh in battle after battle. Countless messengers had been sent over the past months, to all lands of the Isles. The Barons had been ruthlessly attacked, and destroyed in a blitz by the foul Norwegians before having time to fight back. The Scots had been led by a fool, and only when faced with certain doom did they see the true danger, and turn against the Norwegians. Alas, the Irish had not. Messengers had gone to and fro, and King Llewellyn had seen thousands of his countrymen die. So many battles, so many lives lost. The King sank down at his desk at the latest news, and compared two documents

The Norwegians had at least been clear at war. They may be ruthless, bloodthirsty barbarians, but their intentions were clear. The Irish however, had now finally succumbed to madness. They were despicable. They had lost themselves the Isles. King Brian is a fool if he truly believes that he will have his own little green emerald isle to himself, once the mainland is conquered. The Norwegians have unending ambition, and the Irish can not possible have any hope to defeat them. The Irish were fools, liars and wrongdoers. They had truly earned their despicable reputation. This would go for centuries. The Welsh, Barons, English and Scots might be defeated before the Irish, but nonetheless they will fall too. And so will Norway, with rumors of Danish strength coming across the sea.

The War was coming to an end. The Chaos was coming to an end. A send end, but an end nonetheless. The time of War and chaos and hope would soon be over. However, the peace that arises will not be a peace. It will be brutal subjugation of the all the innocent people of the isles. The villages will burn, and the people will suffer. There are dark days ahead, and may God be show mercy upon all those who survive, for the brutal oppressors will certainly not.

Scotland: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lYv...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by King Athelstan; February 01, 2019 at 04:38 PM.
    and Peaman