Thread: How to tell if Darthmod is actually running?

Default How to tell if Darthmod is actually running?

This feels like a stupid question but it's becoming less stupid the more I fiddle with it.

I started playing again after several years and found that the Darthmod unit settings size wasn't actually being registered; I was supposed to have 300 units per line infantry, 375 per ashigaru, and was coming out with only 200 units per line infantry and 250 ashigaru. This didn't stop until I manually edited the unit size setting in the User script, despite it already claiming to be 1.5

Then I started changing graphical settings, particularly with the unit cards and the horo, only to find that these settings were not saving, and I was getting still the vanilla cards and the horo.

After fiddling with the settings repeatedly and restarting the game a few times, I finally got some of the graphical settings to stick.But how can I tell if Darthmod is actually running in full? I ran a battle without Darthmod, saw the fast bow kills, then ran with Darthmod, and the bow kills were supposedly lighter, but it could just as easily have been vanilla and just different due to unit placements. As well, melee kill rate seems extremely fast, as I run a Date No Dachi samurai against an enemy Yari Samurai, and the enemy loses like 20 men in the first second of the charge. Is that normal due to the No Dachi's huge charge bonus?

I'm confused and frustrated I no understand how these things work

Default Re: How to tell if Darthmod is actually running?

As I remember, DarthMod overwrites user.script every time you turn on or off a function (if you turn off some function, it removes the entry, if you turn it on it adds an entry) then you just have to check if all functions you want have their entries in user.script.

It may also help removing the entire The Creative Assembly folder from AppData / Roaming, it often solved my problems with modifications.

I'm not comfortable removing that folder but at this point I think I've stabilized the problem with the certain graphical submods being enabled and the like. Although I haven't gone through enough battles thus far to confirm if the battles are slowed down to be more realistic

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Use Bran Mac Born setting for Darthmod Shogun 2 and you will see a big difference to vanilla game and Darthmod too. Play Longer battles versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Use Bran Mac Born setting for Darthmod Shogun 2 and you will see a big difference to vanilla game and Darthmod too. Play Longer battles versions.

Ok

actually didn't realize but should ask: Do I need to start a new campaign for Bran Mac Born settings to take effect?
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; April 23, 2018 at 09:35 PM.

Uhhhh I was going to assume it's not working, but uhhhh... since I put your thing in, Bran Mac Born, my army of veteran Samurai is being broken and shattered by an enemy army of raw Ashigaru with barely any casualties inflicted on my samurai. So something went wrong, I think?

I you use the manually install DMS, it easy to tell for graphics. You can change unit cards. You can changes flag. You can changes balloons on the command units back. You can change projectile trails.

I would suggest a new campaign clean campaign. A fast way to check the graphic is do a 30 second quick mission.

I haven't tried the BMB alternatives yet. I think they will require more time to see the impact.