Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

Default Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

New beta patch incoming on the 12th July which also means the new campaign dlc is pretty soon.

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1017045860067274752

Default Re: Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

It might be Byzantine.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Beginning: Founding of Rome by the Kings ( 753 BC)

New Beginning: Expulsion of the Kings, Birth of the Republic
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by jamreal18 View Post
    It might be Byzantine.
    "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... " and the image of the tree I could imagine CA trolling about a family tree.

It sure is Byzantine in it's approach to marketing... [insert comedy snare roll and cymbel crash emoticon here]

If it was a medieval Roman campaign I would be over the moon (though I did just buy Attila) but somehow I don't think it will be refering to the image posted in the blog a while back.

FERRDO's Avatar Laetus

The first part of the music is really nice, almost peaceful. I feel like I've heard it before, anybody else?

I can't think they'd do medieval Rome in a DLC for Rome II.

We already know it will feature the Etruscans. Check the three Etruscan nobles (even the beards of the first two have been copied). The phrase is an obvious reference to the early stages of Roman history. The choice makes sense, considering the limited scope of these DLCs. It doesn't require much work from the Bulgarian team and allows them to base it on the map of the tutorial. I repeat my prediction that in the promotional image, the classic Etruscan helmet will have a prominent position, similar to the Sun Mask of Aurelianus. It will probably be released sometime around September, as late July and August are dead months, from a marketing perspective.

Tomorrow will start a Beta (End of the clip), that means new campaign mechanics or AI changes.

Family tree is too simple for a beta.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

I'm assuming the campaign will start around 540 BC during the Battle of Alalia where the Etrusco-Carthagianin coalition defeated the Phocaean Greeks (founders of Massalia) off the coast of Corsica.

I'm only worried about how far East will they expand the map.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius_Brutus_Caepio View Post
    Tomorrow will start a Beta (End of the clip), that means new campaign mechanics or AI changes.

Family tree is too simple for a beta.
    Seeing how a family tree system is a new campaign mechanic and has the potential to affect the existing campaign's gameplay and design considerably (it may not be exactly like other TW game's family tree systems), it could very well be that the beta will mostly focus on it (although, I do think that there may be some AI and other minor changes as well, since CA were messing around with them a few months ago in the last patch). The same thing happened with Power & Politics - before it was officially released, it went through a public beta.
    Last edited by Benjin; July 11, 2018 at 11:51 AM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Seeing how a family tree system is a new campaign mechanic and has the potential to affect the existing campaign's gameplay and design considerably (it may not be exactly like other TW game's family tree systems), it could very well be that the beta will mostly focus on it (although, I do think that there may be some AI and other minor changes as well, since CA were messing around with them a few months ago in the last patch). The same thing happened with Power & Politics - before it was officially released, it went through a public beta.
    It was not a campaign mechanic in RTW, you could completely ignore it. You still could make captains to generals in RTW, if you didn´t care about your family. And i hated absolutely those ahistorical garbage names of the children.

If its this again, i´m very disappointed.

It was not a campaign mechanic in RTW, you could completely ignore it. You still could make captains to generals in RTW, if you didn´t care about your family. And i hated absolutely those ahistorical garbage names of the children.
    I'm indifferrent towards a familty tree if it's what we are getting in the update. Though it's good for those that wanted it and a lot of people have requested it over the years. I can however see it being useful if you are running a Kingdom to know or choose who your successor was.

We've got less than 24 hours to find out

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Edit

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    I'm indifferrent towards a familty tree if it's what we are getting in the update. Though it's good for those that wanted it and a lot of people have requested it over the years. I can however see it being useful if you are running a Kingdom to know or choose who your successor was.

We've got less than 24 hours to find out
    It does seem like a Family Tree could be on the way, after that teaser... either that or CA is heavily trolling the community with that video, and I don't think CA are that cruel.

I've never really been a fan of the idea of adding a Family Tree to Rome 2. But at the same time, as you highlight many people have been asking for it for many years now.

Ultimately, I think it will depend how it's implemented. If they can make it interesting, and not just a one size fits all approach, it could be fun.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Google says it's a quote from Seneca (c. 4 BC – A.D. 65). He wrote several tragedies with greek themes, for example "Agamemnon". Something greek on the way?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

So is this slogan for the new campaign mechanic or for the DLC campaign? So confused. But if it's the latter, I'd say some sort of Wars of the Diadochi is on the way.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

There isn't just one slogan being used in this teaser, but two. The second one is "How far will you go for Rome?"

Trojan war perhaps? Aeneas did go for a considerable distance (i.e. far) to reach Rome after the Fall of Troy. The new beginning [of Rome] comes from [Troy's] end.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    There isn't just one slogan being used in this teaser, but two. The second one is "How far will you go for Rome?"
    But this slogan is already used in the game release trailer.^^

I`m quite sure, it mean nothing special.

Anybody seen the falling "snowflakes" in the trailer?
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; July 11, 2018 at 06:07 PM.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

But this slogan is already used in the game release trailer.^^

I`m quite sure, it mean nothing special.

Anybody seen the falling "snowflakes" in the trailer?
    You're probably right, but I'll find it kind of silly of them using a slogan which had absolutely no relation to what they were teasing if does turn out to be so.

I'm not sure if those are snowflakes, embers or seeds. Whatever they are we can't really discern what the DLC / FLC is based on them. We'll probably know within the next 16 hours anyway since the teaser said that this beta will be coming out on the 12th July, which is today!
    Last edited by Benjin; July 11, 2018 at 08:28 PM.

"Every new begining comes from from some other begining end" you could also infer that this campaign dlc is not the last.

Maya from CA Sofia talking about the Empire Divided before Empire Divided was released.
    "Yes, and the first time we’ve gone back to a game so long after release. That in itself is very new territory and something we’re keen to explore as a studio, because it opens up lots of exciting future projects if it’s successful. There’s a lot of people still playing this particular game, but there’s also lot more we haven’t even touched in that era yet, some really incredible stories and events that defined history."

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/update...rical-releases

So I wonder what the next campaign after this one is going to be? Because if we still buy them they will still make them (upto a point)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast