Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you need a savior, Jesus says you are out of luck.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: If you need a savior, Jesus says you are out of luck.

Gnostic Christian Bishop,

I have told this story before but I'll repeat it for your benefit. Long before my conversion I managed a toy cash & carry and in it was one guy who was the brother in law of one of my two bosses. He was a foul mouthed character always trying to demean me which i ignored until he started making foul remarks about my then wife. From that point on I was determined to sort him out even if it meant killing him as I knew that was his style. On a day when we had to go to a funeral in Fort William the desire to finish this once and for all ate at me the whole journey there and back so stupidly I headed for the workplace rather than taking my wife home. There was no turning back and as I turned into the parking area we were met by my other boss and on rolling down the window he asked if we had heard about John Scott. Replying no, he went on to say that Scott was dead, choking himself in his own sickness. The whole weight of my hatred suddenly lifted but it was not until reflecting on my life that I realised that God had acted for me because He had other plans for me.

Now regarding torture there are two types one being physical and the other mental. As I have been in management most of my working life, hiring and firing, I never gave a thought to the torture all those people I fired might go through. I did it nonetheless. My job was to make money for my bosses so stuff anything else. So, being the big man I got into playing around with the opposite sex until caught out and eventually divorced. Even trying to live with one of these women it was then that I discovered a Bible in amongst my Napoleonic book collection. The house had just been built, was never inhabited before, so how it got there is still a mystery but the strange thing is that on browsing its pages I started having dreams plus an opportunity to begin again but up here in the North little realising that I would be led to a little Baptist Church in Hopeman. Now it was not just dreams but visions that came to me, so much so that one evening I was put on my knees to feel the warm glow flow through my body as God changed my life forever.

Since then I met and married a girl from Portknockie her bearing me two sons and a daughter. My wife is a lovely Christian lady but the sad part is that our offspring are not yet saved. The one thing in their favour is that they could put you right as far as the Scriptures go so in that sense I am hopeful that God will save them one day. Just to finish, and as the Bible says, " My sin is ever before me," and that is why I owe so much to the Lord Jesus Christ, because His blood covered it all at Calvary.

C S

You do not know how much I wish you were right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTN9...ature=youtu.be

Regards
    DL

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
    C S

You do not know how much I wish you were right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTN9...ature=youtu.be

Regards
    DL

I am right for in my seventy-five years on this planet God has guided me through thick and thin surviving death on not a few occasions as well as surviving three mini-strokes, cancer of the bladder, having a aortic heart valve renewed plus bypass as well as four umbilical hernia ops and a open surgery removal of my Gall bladder. All that on top of Ankalosing spondylitis which I have had for some thirty odd years and some pain to go with it, plus Barret's oesophegus Mucosa making an entry into my life. I'm sorry but no-one, no-one, can tell me there is no God or a loving Saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post

I am right for in my seventy-five years on this planet God has guided me through thick and thin surviving death on not a few occasions as well as surviving three mini-strokes, cancer of the bladder, having a aortic heart valve renewed plus bypass as well as four umbilical hernia ops and a open surgery removal of my Gall bladder. All that on top of Ankalosing spondylitis which I have had for some thirty odd years and some pain to go with it, plus Barret's oesophegus Mucosa making an entry into my life. I'm sorry but no-one, no-one, can tell me there is no God or a loving Saviour.
    The many children that starved to death while your God was being selective would tell you exactly that if they were alive.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; April 25, 2018 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Insults, censor bypass.

The many children that starved to death while your God was being selective would tell you exactly that if they were alive.

If the Master of His own house cannot be selective then what can He be? Are you not the master of all your surroundings?

The question was not about me.

Get thee behind me Satan.

Regards
    DL

The question was not about me.

Get thee behind me Satan.

Regards
    DL

But he's been behind you all along, it's just that you haven't noticed.

OP seems something written by a King Herod's propagandist
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12