Thread: Issues with background script

Default Issues with background script

I can't get the background script running after loading a save....anytime the advisor pops up, only two buttons are visible (the two below the advisor portrait are invisible). When I hover over one of them, tooltip appears saying "Start background script" but no script runs if I click there.

Any advice/tips?

Default Re: Issues with background script

No idea, as I was not part of the dev team. Most of them aren’t around anymore either.

Hi, lukertin!
    Make sure that you restart the game every time prior to loading a save game. Because of the way the script works, you should always restart the game before loading any saved games. Hope this helps, let me know!
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

And just clicking the portrait should work

Speaking of issues with the background script, somewhere along the line in the Gold patch I think the script broke and the fog of war stays off after the second battle. RIP

(btw, open the cheat menu (usually ` left oft he 1), type toggle_fow and hit enter. Make sure you don't accidentally type `toggle_fow though)
    Last edited by Pat89; May 01, 2018 at 03:40 PM.